Boubacar Kamara | Signs for Aston Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesperjaap

'Players like Kamara'? I doubt he'd even be mentioned here if he wasn't going to be out of contract.
Only partly agree, beign mentioned in the press because of the contact. I expect most people havent heard of him as French football not so well known on here.

But he is one of the most promising bright young players in France, which says a lot considering there are so many. Because people havent seen him and dont know him, of coruse he isnt good enough....jsut like SAint Maxim when we were linke dwith him....remember being labelled an untalented show pony by many.

Ive seen a few people mention him over the summer, before the press did and I was one of them. You just dont know if these signing work out, SOumare (never that mad on personally) hasnt done much at Leciester nor Salaba in his 5mins at Arsenal before being loaned, but look at the likes of Maxim and Fofana recently before the injury. Two of the most exciting younger players in the league.

Personally thin there are quite a few French players worth looking at.

Kamara would be good in a midfield two and he will be free as well, its a non brainer personally unless of coruse there are other targets

Caqueret someone mentioned as a cheaper alternatiev to Rice. Personally think for what we need Rice is better and is a better player, biut Caqueret is young, probably fairly cheap, box to box and his passing and technque going forward for a midfielder is very good

Giouri I have been a fan off since he was a youth player. Great technique, graceful and a very good finisher, sadly he got a big injury at Lyon but he looks to be really kicking on now. With the strong possibility of Greenwood being finshed, as disgusting as all the stories are, there is no doubting he is a footballer with wonderful talent, developing out wide and potentially excellent up front....Giouri is a very good option for that fo rme. Started of as a striker, seems to be playing more out wide at htemomne, still think with his finishing he can develop into a really god forward

Possibility of all three for £50m odd....we paid almost that amount for Fred....thats why players like Kamara are well worth mentioning....look at Fofana at Leicester....get it right and you have wonderful players worth millions too

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Has anyone ever watch this guy full match before? How is he?

Based on the two compilations videos I found, he looks really good. One was vs PSG last season and the other one was 2 weeks ago vs Montpellier. And he’s available for free. Could be a bargain buy here.

reddevilz007

Based on the two compilations videos I found, he looks really good. One was vs PSG last season and the other one was 2 weeks ago vs Montpellier. And he’s available for free. Could be a bargain buy here.

If he’s free and that good, then we probably won’t be looking at him. We rather pay for a “galactico”.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa

He has amazing potential. In my view in the right hands he can become world class

KeanoMagicHat

If he’s free and that good, then we probably won’t be looking at him. We rather pay for a “galactico”.
That's why it's funny you saw all the people saying in January - "oh if he's that good, we would have went for him". Yeah, like you trust the club to make sound transfers!

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

He's got some flair hasn't he? I'd love a DM with a bit of style like that. I always hate to watch safe, functional midfielders no matter how impressive they are, feels fundamentally un-Unitedy to me.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Seems like the club have put any transfers on hold until we sign a new manager.

Which sort of defeats the point of a director of football etc etc. Meh.

Guys like this will get swept up and sold on again in a year or 2 for 50m+

TwoSheds

Seems like the club have put any transfers on hold until we sign a new manager.

Which sort of defeats the point of a director of football etc etc. Meh.

Guys like this will get swept up and sold on again in a year or 2 for 50m+
Surely that can't be true. If a quality player is available for a good price in a position we clearly need to strengthen, even our dipshit board would just sign him up and then let the new manager worry about what to do with him wouldn't they?

Adam-Utd

Surely that can't be true. If a quality player is available for a good price in a position we clearly need to strengthen, even our dipshit board would just sign him up and then let the new manager worry about what to do with him wouldn't they?
I can't really explain it either.

They either don't think he's good enough, don't think we need a CDM, or wouldn't pay the money they wanted with only 6 months left?

Surely a guy of his age and quality should be easily worth 10m?!

I suspect we are just waiting to do a complete rebuild again with a new coach. We will probably have 6-7 players leaving this summer, plenty to replace.

TwoSheds

I can't really explain it either.

They either don't think he's good enough, don't think we need a CDM, or wouldn't pay the money they wanted with only 6 months left?

Surely a guy of his age and quality should be easily worth 10m?!
Or maybe they just will sign someone on a free for the summer?

Adam-Utd

Or maybe they just will sign someone on a free for the summer?
It could be, maybe we've asked him to wait until the summer. I'll just be very surprised if we do, it doesn't seem like something we're smart enough to pull off.

TwoSheds

It could be, maybe we've asked him to wait until the summer. I'll just be very surprised if we do, it doesn't seem like something we're smart enough to pull off.
I don't see why we couldn't. This guy and Kessié are both available right? Seems like quite an opportune summer for clubs looking for a DM but I could be wrong.

Infra-red

I don't see why we couldn't. This guy and Kessié are both available right? Seems like quite an opportune summer for clubs looking for a DM but I could be wrong.
Kamara, Kessie, Grillitsch, Brozovic available for free this summer as things stand. They'd all be upgrades on our current central midfield options.

Tielemans, Fabian Ruiz, Dendoncker, Soler, Douglas Luiz, Rabiot, Bissouma and Aouar are coming into their final year of contract, too.

Crick

Kamara, Kessie, Grillitsch, Brozovic available for free this summer as things stand. They'd all be upgrades on our current central midfield options.

Tielemans, Fabian Ruiz, Dendoncker, Soler, Douglas Luiz, Rabiot, Bissouma and Aouar are coming into their final year of contract, too.
It's amazing the quality in midfield that's going to be available this summer. Fernandes, Kamara, Kessie & Fabian Ruiz, Bissouma, Tielemans would be a great midfield 6 to choose from for a 433. Strength, power and great passing throughout. It's a shame it won't happen.

reddevilz007

Let’s face it. We will try to negotiate for Rice all summer until the very end, and end up with just some winger and a fullback nobody heard of instead.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

Forgot about Grillitsch, he was touted as similar in style to Carrick. How's he getting on this season?

jesperjaap

He has amazing potential. In my view in the right hands he can become world class
I agree, considering he was availabel cheap last summer and especially now he will be free.....he for me is just an obvious first signing, a no brainer. There are lots of excellent central midfielder about at the moment and he is the cheapest, not far from the top and potentially can be at the top too. For a successful summer we need at least five signings I feel so making one or two cheap signings is probably needed, hence Kamara being a priority for me. Behind Camavinga last summer he was my must buy

reddevilz007

him or Zakaria in January would’ve helped. But no, we rather play Scotty as no 6.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Some excellent values there.

Kamara and one of Ruiz/ Tielemans / Aouar would be a good addition. We still need a heavy midfield signing , mind you.

jeepers

Supremely frustrating, as it’s been for last few years. Young, highly-rated player who can cover at least two positions - central midfield, where we are thin as is, and central defence, where there should be a few departures in the summer. He could even cover at right back considering he’s good on the ball.

Even if it doesn’t work out, we wouldn’t make a loss.

It made too much sense therefore the club didn’t act on it.

Xk byno

Hey guys, remember we will keep it British. Kamara is not British so let's forget about him or any other foreign players. We will only sign British players, that's the united way. Rice will be bought for 150m in the dying seconds of this summer transfer window, and hey, that the united way.

reddevilz007

Hey guys, remember we will keep it British. Kamara is not British so let's forget about him or any other foreign players. We will only sign British players, that's the united way. Rice will be bought for 150m in the dying seconds of this summer transfer window, and hey, that the united way.
You mean we will try to low ball West Ham until the very end, waste our summer, and end up not getting him. Instead, we will sign another winger and fullback

0le

I must have missed the news report which confirmed Varane, Ronaldo, Diallo, van de Beek, Telles, Pellistri, Cavani and Bruno all become British.

Xk byno

You mean we will try to low ball West Ham until the very end, waste our summer, and end up not getting him. Instead, we will sign another winger and fullback
Exactly! We all know united always make easy things very difficult.
If we want to buy rice, why not start negotiations as soon as the season is ended. But I for one doesn't even fancy rice that much, especially for the quote price from the media... There are many other good defensive midfielder better than rice and even cheaper.
We don't learn from buying over priced British players, just look at Maguire and wan bissaka.

jesperjaap

He's got some flair hasn't he? I'd love a DM with a bit of style like that. I always hate to watch safe, functional midfielders no matter how impressive they are, feels fundamentally un-Unitedy to me.
He is techincally very good rather that flare in my opinion. I still cant believe we didnt sign him in the summer or this January, have to think he isnt a target which I find strange as he looks one of the best options we could go for let alone the fact he is a free transfer

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I watched him vs Mertz (2nd worst team in Ligue 1 at the moment though) yesterday and he looks good. Kamara looks very comfortable on the ball. Defensively made some important interception in that match. On the defensive transition, he ''always'' dropped very deep on the same line as the other two CBs like he played as centre back in back 5 (probably coach's tactic so I wouldn't be surprised if he can also play as CB) but on attacking transition he definitely played a DM role.

To me this guy is a must signing in the summer because he's available for free and already looks like better than McTominay while Rice will cost 100m. Worst case if he's flop, we can always go Rice in 2023 as his contract will be expired in 2025 means West Ham's value should be dropped. Signing this guy in the summer is a smart transfer business.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Absolute nonsense

Adam-Utd

I watched him vs Mertz (2nd worst team in Ligue 1 at the moment though) yesterday and he looks good. Kamara looks very comfortable on the ball. Defensively made some important interception in that match. On the defensive transition, he ''always'' dropped very deep on the same line as the other two CBs like he played as centre back in back 5 (probably coach's tactic so I wouldn't be surprised if he can also play as CB) but on attacking transition he definitely played a DM role.

To me this guy is a must signing in the summer because he's available for free and already looks like better than McTominay while Rice will cost 100m. Worst case if he's flop, we can always go Rice in 2023 as his contract will be expired in 2025 means West Ham's value should be dropped. Signing this guy in the summer is a smart transfer business.
He can play CB also, so would make a handy squad player even if he doesn't become first team.

Signing Kamara and Tchouameni this summer would be huge IMO.

Bondi77

If the new manager likes him then there will be moves to bring him to the club which I think makes sense because when the rabble turn against him if the results go bad then at least he can say he actually wanted the new players that were brought to the club.

jeepers

If the new manager likes him then there will be moves to bring him to the club which I think makes sense because when the rabble turn against him if the results go bad then at least he can say he actually wanted the new players that were brought to the club.
That’s it, isn’t it? Club doesn’t even know who they want to appoint as the new manager. If they knew and were already in contact, it would have made sense to bring him in January so he gets to acclimatise to the BPL and his teammates. 10m is peanuts nowadays, and we probably could have negotiated down to 8 and below, considering it’s the last opportunity for Marseille to get any money for him.

Surprised Newcastle didn’t go for him.

Last edited:

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

He came through as a CB, but he's just too small really to be a CB. He's very cultured on the ball though, so more suited to pushing a bit higher up. He would work in a back 3 as well.

I'm so up for this signing, with his potential, the fee and his profile, he's such good value.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
Came through as a CB?.. Then would be another brainless signing that's necessary. What's he like compared to Rice though - who's the better player?. We know that DR is the more marketed and higher profile, but who's the better DM?.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Came through as a CB?.. Then would be another brainless signing that's necessary. What's he like compared to Rice though - who's the better player?. We know that DR is the more marketed and higher profile, but who's the better DM?.
So did Rice. He's been playing as DM for a while and looks like he'll settle there. They're similar, you'd have to say Rice is better at the moment, but they have different strengths.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

It's a bit surreal to me to see a DM so mobile.

jesperjaap

So did Rice. He's been playing as DM for a while and looks like he'll settle there. They're similar, you'd have to say Rice is better at the moment, but they have different strengths.
I think all round Rice is much better and more the perfect signing for us. But I also rate Kamara really highly. The biggest thing is players such as Bellingham and Rice for example we are looking close to £100m on......Kamara is free.

If we are to sign 5players tis summer that we need at elast for me, unless we make some big sales value wise, the likes of Rice are simply detrimental as signings to the overall spend, Kamara is free.

If were were a trophy challenging team and needed 1/2players for the next step us such as when we signed Stam/Yorke I woul dsay sign Rice, but this summer I woul dsign Kamara, he is free, he costs nothing but probably an average wage, he would start in our first eleven, has loads of room for development and can play in a back three or back four in emergencies.

I am not saying this as a worth a punt nothing to lose signing, for me he would be a quality signing for one of five positions and still leave us with the same transfer kitty to sign another four

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I think all round Rice is much better and more the perfect signing for us. But I also rate Kamara really highly. The biggest thing is players such as Bellingham and Rice for example we are looking close to £100m on......Kamara is free.

If we are to sign 5players tis summer that we need at elast for me, unless we make some big sales value wise, the likes of Rice are simply detrimental as signings to the overall spend, Kamara is free.

If were were a trophy challenging team and needed 1/2players for the next step us such as when we signed Stam/Yorke I woul dsay sign Rice, but this summer I woul dsign Kamara, he is free, he costs nothing but probably an average wage, he would start in our first eleven, has loads of room for development and can play in a back three or back four in emergencies.

I am not saying this as a worth a punt nothing to lose signing, for me he would be a quality signing for one of five positions and still leave us with the same transfer kitty to sign another four
Exactly the drop off in quality is not big enough to warrant spending 50m+ on Rice IMO (I'm allowing for like 20m in signing on fee, which is generous). He's a profile that covers a lot of positions, and he's a good player with scope to improve. There's no denying overall Rice is way more proven and a better player for the prem right now, but I see absolutely zero value for money when Kamara is available and we need to spend money on a striker - which are notoriously more expensive.

jesperjaap

Exactly the drop off in quality is not big enough to warrant spending 50m+ on Rice IMO (I'm allowing for like 20m in signing on fee, which is generous). He's a profile that covers a lot of positions, and he's a good player with scope to improve. There's no denying overall Rice is way more proven and a better player for the prem right now, but I see absolutely zero value for money when Kamara is available and we need to spend money on a striker - which are notoriously more expensive.
Dont see a huge signing on fee at all personally. Its a bit of a shame we need quite a few signings realistically as there are a fair few godo English players that the same thing applies to with foreign prices when there are so many good young English players. We signed Sancho of course but its a liftime ago where we used to sign the best of British and premiership players with the exception of Van Persie

davidmichael

Realistically we’re likely to lose Pogba, Matic, VDB, Mata, Pereira and Lingard this summer thus leaving Fernandes, McTominay, Fred, Mejbri and Garner so we need at least two midfielders and I’d 100% make Kamara on a free one of them.

With all uncertainty around Greenwood, Martial pretty much nailed on to leave, Cavani definitely off and Ronaldo most likely moving on if we can get a buyer thus leaving Rashford, Sancho, Elanga, Diallo and Shoretire so we also need a couple of forwards and probably a right back and centre back so high quality free transfers like Kamara are a must.

I like the look of Mazraoui at Ajax as an incoming right back, Rudiger would be a great signing for a centre back, Dybala is available on a free and can play across the front line and then Kamara in midfield would be perfect so there’s high quality value out there to add to the squad without spending a penny in transfer fees.

croadyman

Realistically we’re likely to lose Pogba, Matic, VDB, Mata, Pereira and Lingard this summer thus leaving Fernandes, McTominay, Fred, Mejbri and Garner so we need at least two midfielders and I’d 100% make Kamara on a free one of them.

With all uncertainty around Greenwood, Martial pretty much nailed on to leave, Cavani definitely off and Ronaldo most likely moving on if we can get a buyer thus leaving Rashford, Sancho, Elanga, Diallo and Shoretire so we also need a couple of forwards and probably a right back and centre back so high quality free transfers like Kamara are a must.

I like the look of Mazraoui at Ajax as an incoming right back, Rudiger would be a great signing for a centre back, Dybala is available on a free and can play across the front line and then Kamara in midfield would be perfect so there’s high quality value out there to add to the squad without spending a penny in transfer fees.
Yeah pity we never seem to spot these deals Varane apart and shows how dreadfully we have been run since 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.