Boubacar Kamara | Signs for Aston Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Never seen him play live once but like what I'm reading about him and the clips I have seen.

This is the type of signing I like to see. Young, bags of potential supposedly and isn't going to cripple our finances in one move like Rice would.

Expecting him to come in and hit the ground running, if we do get him that is, in January might be a tall ask though.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
What's the downside if it doesn't work? I mean offer of 6-8m will definitely be enough. We can easily get a profit if we want to sell after 1 year.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
His age, the fee and the fact he can also play CB has always made this the most likely January signing for me. We could let Bailly escape if we bring him in.
My bet is it actually hinges on Jesse leaving.

tabu

Camara's problem is that he is more of a CB than a CDM. He is a victim of his polyvalence and wanders between these positions. He is too lanky and lacks the athleticism and presence of a Tchouameni. As a supplementary player he would be nice to have.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Feel like he's a no brainer. Not sure what box he doesn't tick. Looks very good on YouTube. Very good on FM. Very good analytically. Out of contract in the summer. Young. Good size. A defensive midfielder who is good on the ball.
It's the same with Kessie. Guimaraes arguably looks the best of the lot, not out of contract but definitely doable. We need to get 2 of those IMO.

bucky

Definitely prefer him to Zakaria. Hope this happens. Kamara or Cheick Doucouré could be the easiest and cheapest replacement for Matic.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
What's the downside if it doesn't work? I mean offer of 6-8m will definitely be enough. We can easily get a profit if we want to sell after 1 year.
The only downside would be if we give him 500k a week for 20 years and he turns out to be crap :lol:

Smart signing. I really really hope they go for Kessie too. It would majorly soften the losing Pogba blow.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
10 million for him would be a steal. Covers centre half too. It would be mental not to go for this as he definitely fits what you need more than anything.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
You would to sign him for 10 million now.
Yeah, but you'd need to agree terms with him first. While Romano is probably correct, it doesn't really mean much until you agree with the player in this instance. Once you have you could walk up to Marseille and name your price, because you're getting him for free in the summer.

Hughie77

Basically he's a poorer Fellani is he? We had a tall CM in him ok I thought he was pretty good at times unless he had to run alot he was fecked then.
So maybe we need a guy who's got a very good engine with some quality as well.

Bwuk

Basically he's a poorer Fellani is he? We had a tall CM in him ok I thought he was pretty good at times unless he had to run alot he was fecked then.
Because he’s tall = Fellaini? What?

Pogbas about the same height as Fellaini.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
If we manage to get Martial and Lingard out this window and potentially bring this lad in, would be a great bit of squad balancing.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
What? He's an actual defensive midfielder who is both good on the ball and very good defensively and smart defensively. He's is literally nothing like Fellaini :lol: In fact profile wise he's exactly the type we need as a DM.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Never heard of him or any of the others we're being linked with (Zakaria, the lad at Monaco, the lad at Leipzig) who's actually the best of the 4?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Never heard of him or any of the others we're being linked with (Zakaria, the lad at Monaco, the lad at Leipzig) who's actually the best of the 4?
Kamara is by far the best value IMO, but Tchouameni would be the highest quality. Haidara doesn't even play the same position and Zakaria is a huge risk.

JuriM

Nah, closest he is to Javier Macherano, a Center Back - Half Back hybrid who can control the defensive end of the midfield and keep the ball moving.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
With Spurs and Arsenal both weak in midfield, Kamara would be a really good signing to give you a push to the end of the season. He’s not going to set the world on fire but he would be a useful addition in an area that you need.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
With Spurs and Arsenal both weak in midfield, Kamara would be a really good signing to give you a push to the end of the season. He’s not going to set the world on fire but he would be a useful addition in an area that you need.
This is key, we don't have anyone of his profile currently in the first team squad. He also has scope for improvement and no one has mentioned he has actually captained sides at lower levels, so does have some leadership qualities too.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Can play both as a DM and a CB?
May explain the noise about Bailly leaving as well.

We need to get a DM signing in this window if we are serious about Top 4 and the 2 Cups.
Signing anyone and expecting them to be difference half way through the season seems to be silly expectations to me. Even more so someone who's never played in the PL

Might be different if you're in a relegation scrap and just need someone to score a few goals but someone to bring balance to your side?

Whoever we buy needs to be someone who can have a long term part to play rather than papering over a crack for a few months

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
If you get Martial, Lingard, Bailly and Jones out and just Kamara in, then you’d have a much tidier squad.

Zapata

Seen marseille play quite a bit this season and kamara is solid he would be a huge signing

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Signing anyone and expecting them to be difference half way through the season seems to be silly expectations to me. Even more so someone who's never played in the PL

Might be different if you're in a relegation scrap and just need someone to score a few goals but someone to bring balance to your side?

Whoever we buy needs to be someone who can have a long term part to play rather than papering over a crack for a few months
We simply lack numbers in midfield.
Fred, McT and Matic.
I doubt he will replace anyone immediately.
All we need though is an injury to one of those and we are right screwed.

If the scouting has been done, we desperately need an additional player in midfield unless we are going to convert Donny or someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.