Bouhafsi: Martial wants to leave United

Status
Not open for further replies.

FromTheBench

Still don't get the need to sign Sanchez if he was meant to play Lw.

That was the strongest area in our attack till January with Martial and Rashard competing.

In fact the persistence with Sanchez after that despite being poor cost us post January and now will be costing us one of the brightest talents in the Game.

Remember Martial is 22 and his output for his age is quite good whether it seems he is arsed or not. Also his tracking back was bit better than Sanchez anyway who presses more in attack.

If he leaves it will be another mourinho error after De Bruine, Salah and Lukaku. And if we buy another established attacker who Mourinho never will drop regardless of for then can see Rashard in same situation soon too. Though he may be little more patient being a academy grad and all.

Saw someone comparing Scholes and Keane when Veron arrived before in the thread to this. But even in that case Scholes was said to be unhappy and anyway we were managed by Saf who kept everyone he wanted happy by rotating, talking to everyone and dropping even Veron when he wasn't clicking. Mourn how has other qualities but bringing on young players, nurturing them from inconsistent to consistent and squad management never been amongst his best.

Amir

All in all it's a pretty sad situation and I've always liked Martial as a player, but I have a very strong dislike of people who would rather play at another club than Manchester United when having the choice.
I'd say he'd rather not play for Mourinho than not play for United. And I can certainly understand why.

Matty7

Meh, don't really care. Martial, Rashford, Pogba, Shaw, Fellaini or anyone else "upset" can jog on really.
I've been remembering back to the Fergie days where we would have a beast of a squad, jam
Packed with talent and players would have spells in and out of the team but nobody complained, everyone got on with it. All these pussies in our squad nowadays getting their agents to go crying to the media about this and that.. feck off.

This is our problem and has been for years, the attitude of our players fecking stinks. The amount of self entitled players we have is staggering. We've got Marouane fecking Fellaini playing ransom with us. As in, what the actual feck?

Now is the time to get rid of all the whiney twats so they don't spread their shite.
If you're 20 years old, inconsistent as feck, playing in 75% of Manchester United games and still feel the need to bitch and complain when you don't play, then please feck off..
I don't remember 50 million Bernardo Silva or 50 million John Stones amongst the other talent sat on city's bench most weeks bitching and whining every week or sulking on the pitch.
Liverpool have brought in Keita and Fabinho, how much do you wanna bet nobody out of Liverpool comes out bitching and complaining every week next season.

And I get the media do a lot of shit stirring too (Redknapp, hoddle on Rashford etc. Pogba stuff too) but the fact these players never come out and commit themselves to United says it all really. It'd be so easy to come out and say medias talking shite, I wanna fight for my place. But no, that's not what we get.
"Oh no I don't play every week, oh no the manager told me off, oh no the manager played me wide right instead of wide left"..
fecking soft cnuts.
Couldn’t of said it better myself. Fergie wouldn’t of stood for any of this nonsense we see today.

This is the biggest issue in the squad today, we are one of the biggest clubs in the world, yet young kids are throwing their toys out the pram thinking they can play whenever they want... ridiculous. About time we start making a mark again.

ash_86

Article says the clubs been negotiating for past 8 months. Wonder what is the stumbling block? High wages? Martial wants something put into the contract?

Rolaholic

The Alexis transfer is gonna look shambolic with time if we don't win the league next season :(

vangagal

Translating the main part of the source interview with his agent Philippe Lamboley below:
What load of bollocks. Basically he said Martial is Messi who is a god who shall always play. Pathetic excuse.

How will we survive as a club. :(
We survived when Ronaldo feck off, we survived when others gone. If your heart cant take it better off with Martial also.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Martial is leaving United as he is looking for a contract that Spurs can't afford to pay Alderweireld.
I strongly doubt that. Alderweireld is asking for £180k per week - no one is going to pay Martial anything close to that.

FromTheBench

After the 2006 World Cup when all the talk was about a 21 year old Ronaldo leaving the same things could be said. "Coward" "Has a lot to work on" "Good riddance not strong-willed enough" "How will we move on /s" So many people on here seem to actually not like the most promising forward we have had at the club since Cristiano, seemingly because others fanboy over him? I'm not saying he'll reach anywhere near the same levels as Ronaldo just pointing out the hypocrisy, Ronaldo proved a lot of people wrong as can Martial.

I find it absolutely sickening and a truly bad day for the club when we have brilliant young players leaving whilst we play boring football and look to sign older players for instant success. The sooner Mourinho is out of this club the better, he really does go against everything Manchester United stands for. Don't care who wants to ridicule me for being upset about this one, we'll pay for not valuing this guy I'm very confident of it. feck off Mourinho
Yep, many people would have sold Ronaldo after that world cup and Rooney incident To Real Madrid saying much worse.

I am no martial fan boy, far from it but he has been handled poorly by Moourinho this season.

Still don't get need for freaking Sanchez if he was gonna play Lw only.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
After the 2006 World Cup when all the talk was about a 21 year old Ronaldo leaving the same things could be said. "Coward" "Has a lot to work on" "Good riddance not strong-willed enough" "How will we move on /s" So many people on here seem to actually not like the most promising forward we have had at the club since Cristiano, seemingly because others fanboy over him? I'm not saying he'll reach anywhere near the same levels as Ronaldo just pointing out the hypocrisy, Ronaldo proved a lot of people wrong as can Martial.

I find it absolutely sickening and a truly bad day for the club when we have brilliant young players leaving whilst we play boring football and look to sign older players for instant success. The sooner Mourinho is out of this club the better, he really does go against everything Manchester United stands for. Don't care who wants to ridicule me for being upset about this one, we'll pay for not valuing this guy I'm very confident of it. feck off Mourinho
He doesn't show anything like the work ethic and promise Ronaldo did. That's why people get fed up of him, not because of fanboys. It's crazy that people even mention the two names together at the moment. Let's not forget that Ronaldo also had a much better team around him. You and many others complain about signing more experienced players 'for instant success' but seem to forget we haven't had any sort of spine or ability like we used to have and very much need. Most of the team barely seems to have a head on them. The only way to recover from that is to buy or wait a long time on a wing and prayer that ALL your players come good.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Article says the clubs been negotiating for past 8 months. Wonder what is the stumbling block? High wages? Martial wants something put into the contract?
Probably Martial wants to be given assurances that he'll have a bigger role and more important future outlook. Can't be all about money.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Saw someone comparing Scholes and Keane when Veron arrived before in the thread to this. But even in that case Scholes was said to be unhappy and anyway we were managed by Saf who kept everyone he wanted happy by rotating, talking to everyone and dropping even Veron when he wasn't clicking. Mourn how has other qualities but bringing on young players, nurturing them from inconsistent to consistent and squad management never been amongst his best
Yeah that was me. I don't know whether Scholes said he was unhappy, tbh I don't remember, but I do know he didn't sulk and let his performances on the pitch suffer.

Enigma_87

You know who
Still don't get the need to sign Sanchez if he was meant to play Lw.

That was the strongest area in our attack till January with Martial and Rashard competing.

In fact the persistence with Sanchez after that despite being poor cost us post January and now will be costing us one of the brightest talents in the Game.

Remember Martial is 22 and his output for his age is quite good whether it seems he is arsed or not. Also his tracking back was bit better than Sanchez anyway who presses more in attack.

If he leaves it will be another mourinho error after De Bruine, Salah and Lukaku. And if we buy another established attacker who Mourinho never will drop regardless of for then can see Rashard in same situation soon too. Though he may be little more patient being a academy grad and all.

Saw someone comparing Scholes and Keane when Veron arrived before in the thread to this. But even in that case Scholes was said to be unhappy and anyway we were managed by Saf who kept everyone he wanted happy by rotating, talking to everyone and dropping even Veron when he wasn't clicking. Mourn how has other qualities but bringing on young players, nurturing them from inconsistent to consistent and squad management never been amongst his best.
Because when you can land player like Sanchez you go for it. We did it with RvP without needing him per say, but turned out fine didn't it?

Martial is talent but at the moment is just that, Sanchez is the better player right now (not in form of course) and the former might not reach his potential at all. At that price Alexis was a bargain.

Rolaholic

More than likely guarantees regarding playing time

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Just sell him for 40M and reinvest the money to a proven RW. Win win situation. If you can insert a buy back clause in him that's even better.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
If we don’t get at least £65-70m for him we’re absolute mugs.

snk123

He'll make every one of his critic eat their words - what a talent we'd let go because of poor, poor management.

Canagel

What load of bollocks. Basically he said Martial is Messi who is a god who shall always play. Pathetic excuse.

We survived when Ronaldo feck off, we survived when others gone. If your heart cant take it better off with Martial also.
The summer Ronaldo left was also the start of the decline and the fall from being one of the top 3 clubs in Europe to a club that didn't even qualify for CL and knocked out of EL as recently as two years ago. A top club needs to keep hold of its best players. And Martial is one of those. Not comparing Martial to Ronaldo in any way here just stating that in order to progress we can't be strengthing rival clubs with top players.

ash_86

Probably Martial wants to be given assurances that he'll have a bigger role and more important future outlook. Can't be all about money.
I think he wants them put in as legal binding too, not just words.

Member 5225

Think about it. Shunted out wide to the left, away from his favoured position, his number given up for Zlatan (yes that's small time and pathetic, but it probably did mean something to him), then replaced by a 29 year old player in the team who's performances were probably half as good as Tony's in the run up to the purchase.

He'll do well for a club that values him and builds the team around him.
Eh? Isn’t that where he’s played most of his career?

drdoityourself

With Sanchez and Lukaku recently signed this felt inevitable. Now lets use that money to balance the attack with someone who can actually play on the right in a front three.

red thru&thru

Mendy has nothing to do with this, France don't have a lot of good options as left fullback. On the wings, there is a lot of options.
I could understand the argument about Mourinho not playing Martial enough, if he had never got selected for the preliminary squad but he did. He also got selected for qualifiers. So when do we start asking the question, did Martial grasp his chance?

I remember from the outset of last season that when Rashford would start, he wouldn’t score. He’d get substituted for Martial and Martial would score. So then Mourinho would start Martial next game and he wouldn’t score. He’d be substituted for Rashford and Rashford would score etc etc. So you can understand why Jose was annoyed with their inconsistency.

Member 5225

Meh, don't really care. Martial, Rashford, Pogba, Shaw, Fellaini or anyone else "upset" can jog on really.
I've been remembering back to the Fergie days where we would have a beast of a squad, jam
Packed with talent and players would have spells in and out of the team but nobody complained, everyone got on with it. All these pussies in our squad nowadays getting their agents to go crying to the media about this and that.. feck off.

This is our problem and has been for years, the attitude of our players fecking stinks. The amount of self entitled players we have is staggering. We've got Marouane fecking Fellaini playing ransom with us. As in, what the actual feck?

Now is the time to get rid of all the whiney twats so they don't spread their shite.
If you're 20 years old, inconsistent as feck, playing in 75% of Manchester United games and still feel the need to bitch and complain when you don't play, then please feck off..
I don't remember 50 million Bernardo Silva or 50 million John Stones amongst the other talent sat on city's bench most weeks bitching and whining every week or sulking on the pitch.
Liverpool have brought in Keita and Fabinho, how much do you wanna bet nobody out of Liverpool comes out bitching and complaining every week next season.

And I get the media do a lot of shit stirring too (Redknapp, hoddle on Rashford etc. Pogba stuff too) but the fact these players never come out and commit themselves to United says it all really. It'd be so easy to come out and say medias talking shite, I wanna fight for my place. But no, that's not what we get.
"Oh no I don't play every week, oh no the manager told me off, oh no the manager played me wide right instead of wide left"..
fecking soft cnuts.
Omg post of the year.
You’re my new hero!

Agreed with every word

Raoul

Admin
Staff

fecking soft cnuts.
And...we have a winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.