Bouhafsi: Martial wants to leave United

Status
Not open for further replies.

EyeInTheSky

why do posts like this exist? i'm always shocked/surprised with the amount of redcafe posters that know our players personally and spend a substantial amount of time at the training sessions with the squad. You took it a step further and mystic meg'd what Ferguson would have done. incredible.

funny thing is Ferguson fought to keep pogba :lol:
Because that’s what the poster asked and that’s what happened.

“Fight to keep” did he feck. He didn’t like the agent and Let him go. If SAF really wanted to keep him he would have done but instead he played Phil Neville or whoever it was in midfield in a league cup game to show him who was boss.

These things actually happened in real life they both left and were young talented players but they left under these circumstances including attitude and agents being cnuts.

Reality check for you...

Josep Dowling

He would have got rid of him much earlier for bad Work Ethic and attitude, big time Charlie too big for their boots entitlement ala Ravel Morrison and Pogba.
I doubt Fergie would have panic bought an 18 year old for £38m plus ridiculous add ons whilst leaving our squad completely bare.

I like Martial and can see why he’s annoyed. He is inconsistent but a massive problem with us is we don’t allow players to get form. They have a bad game they’re out the team again for 4 games. He should have been starting every week on the left side.

Since Sanchez came in he hasn’t been given a chance. And Sanchez has been nothing short of crap since he joined. Feels like Jose is replacing our entire squad with late 20s / early 30s players that will need completely replacing in 3 years time.

SuperiorXI

The board cannot afford to let Martial go, it's far too big a risk as Mourinho will likely be sacked if he doesn't vastly improve next season. Martial is one of if not the biggest talents we have. I can't imagine the board sanctioning his transfer and if he is pushing for a move we need to do more to keep him here.

MrBest

Don't care as long as we bring in a WC RW. He's been a disappointment. Sure he'll do well elsewhere, but he's not cut the mustard with us unfortunately.
Comes back to the same old debate that has everyone emotional, he has all the talent but with such a negative manager it is inevitable that his place in this squad is not secure. It kills me the thought of him leaving but ive grown to really like him and I would be happy to see him reach his potential elsewhere. Under Jose, a player like him will not thrive and as much as indont and those to be here,it is the right thing for martial.

Sanchez has been terrible and it annoys me he's been given all the chances over martial who will do great things.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Since Mourinho has been here Martial's been completely shit on lets get it right, if you're going to question his mentality and of course as per take Mourinho's side in everything at least say it how it is.

Faith shown in him a plenty, rewarding us as a young talent should, Ibrahimovic comes in and they just take Martial's number, didn't ask, nothing, agent even said that affected him for a few days but he got on with it, i mean it is just a number is all, still, bit of a slap aint it.

Also i guess you were blinkered the majority of the season, before January he was racking up double digit goals and assists on that left side, more than Hazard at that point i believe, he won 3 player of the month awards and even won January player of the month award. But then Mourinho bought Sanchez, dropped Martial for no reason to accomodate him and relegated him to bit parts, like, why? He was our best player and the left side was our best source od attack just why, really pisses me off when Mourinho does this, he did the same when Shaw started to pick up form as well.

Mourinho's alienated him for no reason, its as simple as that, Martials fighting for a place he can't get, i don't blame him for wanting to leave and actually play, because Mourinho has his little favourites that no matter how shit they play never get dropped. Sanchez hasn't played any better than Martial did last season and quite frankly wasn't even needed, we get to keep onto a player coming into the twilight of their career and get rid of a brilliant talent like Martial. YES! lets all cheer guys, Mourinho is a god he knows what to do, he can do no wrong, its all Martial's fault because he doesn't smile!

Give me a break, honestly. Anyone cheering for such a great young talent wanting to leave is such a Mourinho fanboy its unreal, they'd cheer the selling of the class of 92.
Mourinho fanboy? Cheering on Martial leaving? Martial's fault because he doesn't smile? Piss off with your pathetic straw man arguments. I won't shed a single tear the day Mourinho leaves the club, nor am I celebrating Martial wanting to leave so stop putting words in other people's mouth.

No one at this club is irreplaceable. Not Mourinho. Not Martial. No one other. De Gea is the closest thing to it but even in his case there are top alternatives available should he want to leave. If Martial, or any other player wants to leave and the price is right, well goodbye to those players. If they decide to stay, they will rightly so be supported by the majority of the fans.

Get a fecking grip. These are grown men making silly amounts of money every day for kicking a ball. They're living the fecking dream. Stop portraying them as child workers earning peanuts and struggling to get by. Don't expect supporters to have sympathy for players wanting to leave.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
True. But then we'd be able to pay him at least as much, I'd guess, as any other club that he might realistically go to.
Well you don't know for sure what contract he won't sign at United? You would be able to pay him his wage now, but do you not think he'd want a lot more?

EyeInTheSky

I doubt Fergie would have panic bought an 18 year old for £38m plus ridiculous add ons whilst leaving our squad completely bare.

I like Martial and can see why he’s annoyed. He is inconsistent but a massive problem with us is we don’t allow players to get form. They have a bad game they’re out the team again for 4 games. He should have been starting every week on the left side.

Since Sanchez came in he hasn’t been given a chance. And Sanchez has been nothing short of crap since he joined. Feels like Jose is replacing our entire squad with late 20s / early 30s players that will need completely replacing in 3 years time.
He is young and has time. He needs to learn to adjust and show some grit. He can’t expect to be given a free ride every time and kick up a fuss in the press like a little brat.

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
Exactly, people get too emotionally attached and think it's an attack against the club.

If in your work you were doing good, got employee of the month 3 times out of a possible 5 months, but suddenly a new employee comes in and your forgotten about/misused, would you not look at other jobs? Especially when you'd be able to find as equally a highly paid job at perhaps an even better company (Bayern, Juve etc).
Precisely the point! That is exactly what happened. There is a serious deficit of remembrance of players and their performances in discussions like these. Martial became a totally different player on the right and that altered his performances significantly. One just wonders what would have happened if Martial could have continued his spell on the left.

Jojo <3 Mou

Come on, have you actually read it? What do you think he means when he says "then arrived the January window"?
Why do people keep attributing Sanchez's purchase with Mourinho when he has stated that he was not involved in buying Sanchez? He has said that he agreed with the getting him due to the player's qualities but Mourinho was not involved buying Sanchez!!!

That aside it hasn't really been proven to be a mistake unless we are now judging people after 5 months and no preseason. If he fails next year...fine, it was a mistake but at the moment it's still smart business.

GM K

Maybe you need to read it.
I have. Reads like the classical agent wants better deal for his client statement.

I think Martial's agent has been pitching for a better contract for a long time, looking for better deals away from the club (if united was not ready to play ball) and leaking info to the press. I suspect Jose and the club have not been too impressed (remember that Jose statement about Martial needing to listen more to his manager than to his agent?). When January came and a player of Sanchez's quality was available, they jumped at it and Jose, rightly or wrongly, trusted Sanchez more. And of course, clubs can hardly swallow their pride and bench a player picking up almost half a million per week.

I can't authenticate this but it's a deduction from things I have picked here and there.
The bottom line is the club is not willing to give Martial what his agent is requesting for, the manager, for whatever reasons, doesn't appear willing to fight for him and the kid himself is not ready to fight for any shirt. He just wants to play and express himself.

vangagal

Since Mourinho has been here Martial's been completely shit on lets get it right, if you're going to question his mentality and of course as per take Mourinho's side in everything at least say it how it is.

Faith shown in him a plenty, rewarding us as a young talent should, Ibrahimovic comes in and they just take Martial's number, didn't ask, nothing, agent even said that affected him for a few days but he got on with it, i mean it is just a number is all, still, bit of a slap aint it.

Also i guess you were blinkered the majority of the season, before January he was racking up double digit goals and assists on that left side, more than Hazard at that point i believe, he won 3 player of the month awards and even won January player of the month award. But then Mourinho bought Sanchez, dropped Martial for no reason to accomodate him and relegated him to bit parts, like, why? He was our best player and the left side was our best source od attack just why, really pisses me off when Mourinho does this, he did the same when Shaw started to pick up form as well.

Mourinho's alienated him for no reason, its as simple as that, Martials fighting for a place he can't get, i don't blame him for wanting to leave and actually play, because Mourinho has his little favourites that no matter how shit they play never get dropped. Sanchez hasn't played any better than Martial did last season and quite frankly wasn't even needed, we get to keep onto a player coming into the twilight of their career and get rid of a brilliant talent like Martial. YES! lets all cheer guys, Mourinho is a god he knows what to do, he can do no wrong, its all Martial's fault because he doesn't smile!

Give me a break, honestly. Anyone cheering for such a great young talent wanting to leave is such a Mourinho fanboy its unreal, they'd cheer the selling of the class of 92.
Hope you leave with Martial too. Better for your health.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Mahrez is rumoured to join City for £60m. I highly doubt you can get even more from Martial.
Martial’s a bigger talent. Given what we paid for him, todays market and what he can achieve I think at least £65m is realistic.

TsuWave

Because that’s what the poster asked and that’s what happened.

“Fight to keep” did he feck. He didn’t like the agent and Let him go. If SAF really wanted to keep him he would have done but instead he played Phil Neville or whoever it was in midfield in a league cup game to show him who was boss.

These things actually happened in real life they both left and were young talented players but they left under these circumstances including attitude and agents being cnuts.

Reality check for you...
you are posting your fanfiction with so much confidence its almost cute.

we offered a contract, ferguson at the time was quoted trying to keep him, and reportedly furious when pogba made it known he was gone:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/f...ogba-rejects-offer-in-favour-of-Juventus.html

and these are from our current manager:

Mourinho said: "I didn't know him at that time. What I know is that the club tried everything to keep him, so sometimes people are a bit unfair about it.

"I know the club did everything, Sir Alex did everything, but sometimes between players, families and agents they have different decisions.

Read more at https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/fe...-keep-pogba-says-mourinho#AGHyYF9kFGYS3RvM.99
now go on, i have no interest in an exchange where you continuously pull shit from your ass.

"reality check" :lol:

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Well you don't know for sure what contract he won't sign at United? You would be able to pay him his wage now, but do you not think he'd want a lot more?
But that's not really the issue it? If it was just - or even mainly - about the money then surely he'd sign whatever new and improved contract United are offering. It seems to be playing time that he wants a lot too … and possibly a fresh start under a new manager.

I'm sure Spurs would be able to improve on his current contract by maybe 20%. Is some other CL club going to offer more?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Bit weird how none of them have performed though? Sanchez, Rashford, Mata, Martial all been wank under Jose and these aren’t wank players.

I’m fairly certain if Martial was at Spurs or dare I say it Liverpool he’d be ripping it up.
Certainly not at Liverpool. He'd be expected to work his arse off for the team, to press and be on the move constantly. Klopp wouldn't want him. He'd struggle for similar reasons at Spurs too.

edgar allan

If Martial was 27 and playing at the level he is then I'd agree with that, but he's 22 and is a top tier talent. If he was playing regularly, we could realistically ask for £100m+ given that both Dembele and Mbappe went for considerably more. Only way we should consider £60m is if we have a buy back option at a price not too much higher.
Once he is gone he will never be back. How many times do you ever see a top player coming back on a bit back option?

GM K

Why do people keep attributing Sanchez's purchase with Mourinho when he has stated that he was not involved in buying Sanchez? He has said that he agreed with the getting him due to the player's qualities but Mourinho was not involved buying Sanchez!!!

That aside it hasn't really been proven to be a mistake unless we are now judging people after 5 months and no preseason. If he fails next year...fine, it was a mistake but at the moment it's still smart business.
Sanchez will prove to be brilliant purchase next season. I'm willing to bet on that.

Summit

But that's not really the issue it? If it was just - or even mainly - about the money then surely he'd sign whatever new and improved contract United are offering. It seems to be playing time that he wants a lot too … and possibly a fresh start under a new manager.

I'm sure Spurs would be able to improve on his current contract by maybe 20%. Is some other CL club going to offer more?
No it doesn't seem to be the issue atm, but I would be willing to bet he wouldn't sign for his next club for 65k a week.

Rolaholic

why do posts like this exist? i'm always shocked/surprised with the amount of redcafe posters that know our players personally and spend a substantial amount of time at the training sessions with the squad. You took it a step further and mystic meg'd what Ferguson would have done. incredible.

funny thing is Ferguson fought to keep pogba :lol:
The amount of fans having a personal go at his character and acting holier than thou as if they were either the Dalai Lama or paragons of consistency and mental fortitude at 22 is shameful.

The abuse is disappointing especially given the way his agent's statement went out of it's way to highlight his appreciation for the fan support but it is usually the same ones who build you up who become the ones who tear you down...

Josep Dowling

He is young and has time. He needs to learn to adjust and show some grit. He can’t expect to be given a free ride every time and kick up a fuss in the press like a little brat.
He’s kicked up a fuss at the end of the season having just missed out on the World Cup. He’s lost that place because Sanchez took his place in the side even though Sanchez was playing rubbish as well.

His agent is doing his job and trying to get a better contract. I hate the parasites buts he’s doing his job.

Ekeke

Why wouldnt they? I'm sure a team like Juventus would be happy to have him taking over from Manzukic on the left given hes 32

Kostov

Unless your name is Alexis, Ashley Young or even Lingard. :lol:

DownRiver

If Woodward had any sense he would loan him to Juventus, as if Mourinho fails next year and is sacked + Martial does well..he would be available for the next manager. There is no need to sell such a talent. Clubs need to use the loan system more.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

Hes not going to Spurs.

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
QUESTION TO CRITICS: What did Martial actually do to deserve criticism?

Scoring goals : check
Assisting: Check

Sanchez transfer> Martial positioned on the right

Performances altered significantly

No chance to start at his LW position with Sanchez in the team

Silas

So he ultimately gave it the green light.. but had nothing at all to do with the transfer? :confused: When did he state this by the way? The only quote I remember is, "If a top player becomes available, you get him."

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
No it doesn't seem to be the issue atm, but I would be willing to bet he wouldn't sign for his next club for 65k a week.
OK, so let's say Spurs offer him £80k per week, coupled with the very generous bonus system we offer. I still haven't been told which CL clubs would offer him more.

Deleted member 101472

So long, don't let the door hit you on the way out. For every one good game he had there were 4 or 5 bad ones.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Why wouldnt they? I'm sure a team like Juventus would be happy to have him taking over from Manzukic on the left given hes 32
Fair enough. Then we shall see I guess.

Jojo <3 Mou

He’s kicked up a fuss at the end of the season having just missed out on the World Cup. He’s lost that place because Sanchez took his place in the side even though Sanchez was playing rubbish as well.

His agent is doing his job and trying to get a better contract. I hate the parasites buts he’s doing his job.
I think so too, but how far do you go without alienating the club and the fanbase?

Summit

OK, so let's say Spurs offer him £80k per week, coupled with the very generous bonus system we offer. I still haven't been told which CL clubs would offer him more.
What makes you think he will sign for a CL club? When has he ever said that is a priority? You are forgetting he signed for us without CL.

EyeInTheSky

you are posting your fanfiction with so much confidence its almost cute.

we offered a contract, ferguson at the time was quoted trying to keep him, and reportedly furious when pogba made it known he was gone:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/f...ogba-rejects-offer-in-favour-of-Juventus.html

and these are from our current manager:

now go on, i have no interest in an exchange where you continuously pull shit from your ass.

"reality check" :lol:
Well Pogba wanted a regular place in the team and wasn’t going to get it. This is what he said from his own mouth and was justified when he would not even get picked for Micky mouse games.

So it’s the same situation where a player throws a sulk because they feel entitled and wants to leave.

No amount of green smileys will change that fact.

Don’t let the facts stop you though...

Status
Not open for further replies.