Bouhafsi: Martial wants to leave United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainoldo

Are you seriously suggesting Mourinho hasn't improved Lingard because he's 25 and therefore too old to improve? That's ridiculous. Lingard has been much better under Mourinho than he was before.
I said develop youth. Since when has 25 been youth!! It’s like when people kept calling Osman Everton’s youth prospect when the man was like 28. Lingard’s improved but he’s not a young player he’s the same age as Pogba these players should be about to stepping into their peak in the next two seasons.

shaky

The lack of games, the lack of adapted tactics to get the best out of Martial & Rashford as strikers is painful yet numbing.
Everyone & their mothers were crying out for Martial & Rashford to play upfront together & yet we have seen one or two games as a maximum.
The lack of adapted tactics? Why should Mourinho be adapting our tactics just to accommodate a couple of players barely out of their teens? It's laughable that the same fans demanding instant success are also demanding we "adapt" just to best suit a couple of players with a bit of long term potential. At that age, if they are as good as they think they are, they should be competent enough to adapt to whatever tactics required of them.

el3mel

He’s showing it this World Cup isn’t he. Didn’t even know he was playing.
Yes he even scored the winner of their last game, imagine that. Also evaluating a player based on one game, imagine that as well.

You were probably one of those who were saying Rashford is better than him one year ago right ?

Mainoldo

Yes he even scored the winner of their last game, imagine that. Also evaluating a player based on one game, imagine that as well.

You were probably one of those who were saying Rashford is better than him one year ago right ?
What the open goal? lol. Hardly Ronaldo of France 98 is he. All I’m saying is you’d think he was the next coming how must have been speaking of him over the past year. Like I’ve always said talent wise he’s as good as a Nicolas Anelka. People need to chill out.

Rashford is on the same level. One just plays in the pub league so therefore has better stats. They’ll probably both level out to be of equal depending if Mourinho doesn’t mess up Rashford’s development and Mbappe gets out of that league after next season.

Last edited:

el3mel

What the open goal? lol. Hardly Ronaldo of France 98 is he. All I’m saying is you’d think he was the next coming how must have been speaking of him over the past year. Like I’ve always said talent wise he’s as good as a Nicolas Anelka. People need to chill out.
Yes he's.

I haven't seen such a talent at this level and age with such level of maturity and composure with so variability in his play for ages. You need to be a real top red with red coloured glasses to think that the likes of Martial and Rashford are comparable to him. Mbappe is already world class at 19 years old.

Mainoldo

Yes he's.

I haven't seen such a talent at this level and age with such level of maturity and composure with so variability in his play for ages. You need to be a real top red with red coloured glasses to think that the likes of Martial and Rashford are comparable to him. Mbappe is already world class at 19 years old.
His no Ronaldo so he’s not worthy of your hype. Is he any better than Nicolas Anelka at 18?

World class?? Have a nap lol.

haram

He’s showing it this World Cup isn’t he. Didn’t even know he was playing.
Did you watch their last game?

It will be entertaining to watch the threads reactions to Mbappe’s failures when he gets here. His not as good as some think and Mourinho has proven he doesn’t develop players.

Rather we just got someone ready for the job like Mertens.
We should get Mertens instead of Mbappe? :lol:

I’ve heard it all.

el3mel

His no Ronaldo so he’s not worthy of your hype. Is he any better than Nicolas Anelka at 18?

World class?? Have a nap lol.
He's 19. Do you understand this or it's too hard for you ? He was leading Monaco to CL semi final with his goals one year ago, while he was 18.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Castles says the club and Mourinho don't want to sell and don't plan on it.
Think he will have a sit down with Mourinho before this is resolved either way.

haram

Castles says the club and Mourinho don't want to sell and don't plan on it.
Think he will have a sit down with Mourinho before this is resolved either way.
I’ve had enough of him on the LW. He needs to play closer to Lukaku or he can stay on the bench.

Mainoldo

Did you watch their last game?

We should get Mertens instead of Mbappe? :lol:

I’ve heard it all.
Mate I clearly said it will be more beneficial for the team and ‘Mourinho’ if we got Mertens. If you think Mourinho will get the best out of Mbappe who still needs developing then fair play to your opinion.

I wish people would read post.

haram

Mate I clearly said it will be more beneficial for the team and ‘Mourinho’ if we got Mertens. If you think Mourinho will get the best out of Mbappe who still needs developing then fair play to your opinion.

I wish people would read post.
No, it would not be more beneficial. Mbappe would be far better for us than Mertens would.

el3mel

Is he better than Nicolas Anelka at 18?
Yes.

Think I said already I haven't seen a talent with such mentality, composure, level and variability in playstyle for ages. He combines every ingredients for top players at such age it's ridiculous. Usually with these young players you can see some level of inconsistency or poor mentality even with this bursting talent as they are developing. Mbappe is already considered world class at 19. You never see such level of talents every year.

If you think otherwise, you are from the minority there.

Infra-red

I’ve had enough of him on the LW. He needs to play closer to Lukaku or he can stay on the bench.
I think his performances would improve with an overlapping left fullback creating a bit of space for him to drift in to. Young continuously cuts in on his right foot and just congests the left side of the pitch.

Mainoldo

No, it would not be more beneficial. Mbappe would be far better for us than Mertens would.
Explain?! Mertens is playing the best football of his career right now. He’s fully adapted to the right hand side will offer us goals whilst also having a good delivery and precise in the final third. He doesn’t require coaching and is a consistent performer. He’d be perfect for Mourinho and if he continues to set out how he’s been for the last two year I hope he’s looking at him to help get this title next season.

haram

Explain?! Mertens is playing the best football of his career right now. He’s fully adapted to the right hand side will offer us goals whilst also having a good delivery and precise in the final third. He doesn’t require coaching and is a consistent performer. He’d be perfect for Mourinho and if he continues to set out how he’s been for the last two year I hope he’s looking at him to help get this title next season.
He is not better on the right than Mbappe. Mertens in Napoli’s system stands out a lot more. No one wants him for a reason.

Mainoldo

Yes.

Think I said already I haven't seen a talent with such mentality, composure, level and variability in playstyle for ages. He combines every ingredients for top players at such age it's ridiculous. Usually with these young players you can see some level of inconsistency or poor mentality even with this bursting talent as they are developing. Mbappe is already considered world class at 19. You never see such level of talents every year.

If you think otherwise, you are from the minority there.
I’m just a realist and have seen an array of high level mature for their age youngsters over the years from your Anelka’s to Michael Owen’s. As far as I’m concerned unless you are performing at a level equivalent to that of Ronaldo from Brazil don’t talk to me about world class at 19. He had an okay season at PSG last year was nowhere near the same level as his Monaco season in the champions league. So no I’m not getting carried away with the hype. He’s very good but that’s where it ends.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer

I rate Mbappe too but he’s not been that great this World Cup. Been okay. His goal was as easy as they get.

He’d be great for United though. I’d swap him for Martial + money in an instant, and I really rate Martial.

Mainoldo

He is not better on the right than Mbappe. Mertens in Napoli’s systems stands out a lot more. No one wants him for a reason.
What exactly do you see him doing in our system exactly? Do you watch us play?

He’ll frustrate the fans you include.

Ritish

When was the last time we had such an active thread, about speculations of a player leaving United?
Rooney saga under Fergie springs to mind.

el3mel

I’m just a realist and have seen an array of high level mature for their age youngsters over the years from your Anelka’s to Michael Owen’s. As far as I’m concerned unless you are performing at a level equivalent to that of Ronaldo from Brazil don’t talk to me about world class at 19. He had an okay season at PSG last year was nowhere near the same level as his Monaco season in the champions league. So no I’m not getting carried away with the hype. He’s very good but that’s where it ends.
It's not hype for me. He deserves everything said about him and I too never get carried away easily about young players but Mbappe simply deserves it. If you see otherwise, ok.

Mainoldo

I can see him playing very well on the right?
He’ll stretch defenses but we don’t play fluid football, we are not very attacking and if we are playing a top opposition he’ll be asked to cover a lot in support of Valencia. This is not what he does now. He’ll be no different to what we get off Rashford and Martial. I don’t remember him being and advacate crosser too so we still have that problem of not playing to Lukaku’s strengths from both the left and the right side. I wouldn’t be looking forward to it.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Its really hilarious you know. Other clubs managers get praised for sticking to their guns over player selection but not ours. Because LVG and now Jose both have a reputation for falling out with players this somehow negates their right to select who they think is playing/training the way they think the team should play.

If Martial and Rashford played to a standard where it becomes nearly impossible to drop them then I am sure Jose would act accordingly.

haram

He’ll stretch defenses but we don’t play fluid football, we are not very attacking and if we are playing a top opposition he’ll be asked to cover a lot in support of Valencia. This is not what he does now. He’ll be no different to what we get off Rashford and Martial. I don’t remember him being and advacate crosser too so we still have that problem of not playing to Lukaku’s strengths from both the left and the right side. I wouldn’t be looking forward to it.
He is a much better player than both Martial and Rashford. You can prefer having Mertens over Mbappe if you want, it’s a terrible idea.

Mainoldo

He is a much better player than both Martial and Rashford. You can prefer having Mertens over Mbappe if you want, it’s a terrible idea.
True I remember thinking Sanchez was a good idea and Pogba was a good idea. I don’t know what makes you think Mbappe comes here and plays well. For his career I’d tell him not to come here.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
If he wants to fight for his place and demonstrate it on the pitch, I will absolutely support Martial.
But if he wants to throw in the towel and leave, then we need to get him out of here, fast.

Mainoldo

If he wants to fight for his place and demonstrate it on the pitch, I will absolutely support Martial.
But if he wants to throw in the towel and leave, then we need to get him out of here, fast.
He just wants minutes. It’s really that simple. Fight for his place and throw in the towel are all just exaggerated terms.

beycont

True I remember thinking Sanchez was a good idea and Pogba was a good idea. I don’t know what makes you think Mbappe comes here and plays well. For his career I’d tell him not to come here.
What? Wouldn't you want top talent to come and play for Manchester United?

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
I am eagerly waiting for when Sanchez will shut many people up next season. Like the saying goes, form is temporary, class is permamnent. I get the arguements for Martial but I am convinced Sanchez was a steal in January.
Guessing you're eagerly waiting for Rooney to come good again too. Form is temporary, class is permanent after all :p

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He just wants minutes. It’s really that simple. Fight for his place and throw in the towel are all just exaggerated terms.
If he wants minutes, perhaps he should do what his managers asks of him. Zero movement and zero workrate isn't good enough for a this side under Jose, and Martial certainly isn't good enough to have a team built around him.

JohnnyKills

There's been nothing from Di Marzio about this supposed Juventus interest. Yet he publishes an update on the Darmian talks practically every day...

Mainoldo

If he wants minutes, perhaps he should do what his managers asks of him. Zero movement and zero workrate isn't good enough for a this side under Jose, and Martial certainly isn't good enough to have a team built around him.
Sounds like a WUM.

cyberman

You're making excuses for Martials laziness then preaching about us not playing fluid football.
Good luck trying to play that way with his horrible off the ball movement that means he shuts down the midfield options and leaves him trying to take on 2 players to find space.
Nice and fluid.

Status
Not open for further replies.