Bouhafsi: Martial wants to leave United

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
How many more players are we going to say the same about in the future? It's quite baffling that top players look fantastic at anywhere but United. Something has to change.
Well as long as there is no clear and functional attacking system of play, our attacking signing will be very hit or miss. Even when they work, theyll be somewhat inconsistent and rely on moments of brilliance on their own to have these good games, and nobody can do that every game. The way we play, we rely on mistakes from the opposition or moments of magic to create something. Basically purely because of the player, and not the system in place. So yeah.... no matter who we sign unless they are THAT good, theyll be "meh".

Baxter

Never mind, it’s not all doom and gloom. We’ll fight tooth and nail and sign up Fellaini to a number new deal!

Last edited:

Posh Red

Some of these comments about him being weak mentally, lazy, cowardly etc are a bit ridiculous tbh. He is 22 years old.
For the people who are moaning at the mometn, did they bother reading what @BBRBB translated? I meant it's as clear as they club want him to stay just as we heard previously, but Martial's circle pushed for the move, and it's not the first time!!! Sure he wants to play more and we're not giving, but the thing is whether he deserves as much playing time as what he asks for all this time?
Other than Lukaku, which of our forwards deserve more playing time than Martial?

Apokalips

All of this Martial FC and "oh I guess we're doomed" talk is childish. It's perfectly reasonable to be upset that one of our young talents want to leave - United is supposed to be a club that are patient and nurturing, we're supposed to give youth a chance, etc. I always want to see great young talents come here and flourish, not all of them are Mbappe ready to tear it up from day one at 20. Fergie showed huge faith in our youth and persisted with guys like Fletcher, that level of belief from your manager does wonders. I don't blame him or Rashford for being a bit salty post January - not saying they should up and leave, but it's normal for them to be disappointed and wondering why others get far more leeway than is fair.

I want Lukaku and Sanchez to be stars here (and believe Lukaku will definitely be a good player for us in the long run) but they've been given game after game despite droughts, whilst the two youngsters are seemingly dropped if they don't score - it's bound to mess with your head.

Rashford and Martial and their development together is one of the only things that have been somewhat exciting to see and think about these past few years with all of the dull football. This sort of thing doesn't give me any faith that we'll see Chong or Gomes, etc make it here.

Reactions: Damien

ZlatanEra

Good. Had no bollocks to fight for his place. Just a French Januzaj

Skills

Snitch
For the people who are moaning at the mometn, did they bother reading what @BBRBB translated? I meant it's as clear as they club want him to stay just as we heard previously, but Martial's circle pushed for the move, and it's not the first time!!! Sure he wants to play more and we're not giving, but the thing is whether he deserves as much playing time as what he asks for all this time?
He's played as many minutes in the last 2 seasons, as he did in his first season here. Surely nobody that's anywhere near enough?

Judas

Open to offers
We're going to lose a potentially world class player because he can't get enough game time for a manager that regularly plays average players like Rashford and Lingard. It's ridiculous.
Potential is simply that. Until he does it on the pitch, it's a meaningless word. How long do you wait for the potential to become a reality? He's stagnated with us, it's quite obvious.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Why do people say he's been treated or handled bad?
He's had his chances, been inconsistent and underperformed.
Sanchez is a better player and i rather Rashford gets minutes than Martial.
I rather see a local lad who cam through the academy gets the minutes, and the difference between Rashford and Martial isn't as big as many on here thinks. Also a bigger chance he stays loyal to the club if we don't do well.
Plus i care about us developing local and English players.

Dan600

It's not good that he wants to leave like this, so it's best for all involved that he's going. But, for all the people saying good riddance, rubbish etc. Just remember, Martial is likely going, Fellaini is still silent... Martial going and Fellaini staying? That is when I will have an extremely bitter taste in my mouth. Anyone who accepts and doesn't question that part of it, wanting rid of players like Martial, but desperate to keep the Fellaini's of the world. Nah.

The Bloody-Nine

Get rid of a manager who has us playing painfully boring, ineffectual football for one of the brightest talents in the game.
Except my description of Mourinho is factual. Your description of the guy who wants to leave us isn't.

Hoof the ball

If there's any good news to this, it means that reinvestment into his replacement is a certainty, whether it's financial reinvestment in the form of a significant signing, or squad investment in the form of a promotion (ie. Chong).

Reynoldo

Oh that's a great tactic. Waiting for the manager to 'explode'. Or better yet combust or has a meltdown?
Under any normal circumstances I'd agree but I don't think it beyond the realm of possibilities that things go tits up again in terms of the title and Mou goes into his full 3rd season meltdown.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Some of these comments about him being weak mentally, lazy, cowardly etc are a bit ridiculous tbh. He is 22 years old.
At what age does one become strong mentally?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Lingard deserves to play though? His performances have been better. He does what the managers requires from him. Martial doesn't. You don't play on potential of what you might be capable of one day maybe, you play on merit.
Lingard had a good run of form in the winter and people extend it over the entire season like he had a great season. Lingard is average. Most of his games are average. I actually really like him, but if he deserves to start all the time, then Martial deserved untouchable status after his first half of the season.

Brophs

The One and Only
Personally, I don’t think he’s trained on at all since he arrived. The reasons for that have been done to death but it seems to me that we have a manager who doesn’t really rate him highly enough to make him a starter and a player who hasn’t given the manager sufficient reason to make him a starter.

A clean slate could be best for everyone.

Kag

One of the brightest talents in the game? Really?
That's exactly what Martial is. His previous form and ability demonstrated at a club like United is clear evidence of this.

Few 22 year olds show similar promise and ability.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Never mind, it’s not all doom and gloomy We’ll fight tooth and nail and sign up Fellaini to a number new deal!
Not really accurate is it, Fellaini's leaving for the exact same reason Martial is, neither are happy with what's been presented to them by the club

An Irish Red

Potential is simply that. Until he does it on the pitch, it's a meaningless word. How long do you wait for the potential to become a reality? He's stagnated with us, it's quite obvious.
He was doing it on the pitch and then he got promptly dropped again anyway. The manager has his favourites and it's obvious that Martial isn't one of them.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
No, he doesn't want to play for 'us'. He wants to play. Given that his agent was talking up a move to Sevilla season before last he's not particularly bothered where he plays. His agent's talk of loyalty and commitment is absolutely hilarious.

He doesn't give a shit about us.
You think other players are bothered? Come on. Players want money, success and playing time. If you give them that they would be happy. If not, they will leave.

Ban

Under any normal circumstances I'd agree but I don't think it beyond the realm of possibilities that things go tits up again in terms of the title and Mou goes into his full 3rd season meltdown.
Counting on that is ridiculous though. No club should function like that. Oh lets loan a player and see if we'll sack the manager soon.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Unless an attacker leaves Spurs he would also sit on the bench for them.

He is unlikely to go there if regular football is what he wants.
Well, maybe, or maybe not. He may believe that he'd break into our first XI. But in any case there are complications with Son coming soon with compulsory military service for S.Korea … and it's not clear how - or even if - this can be resolved. So perhaps (?) Spurs might see this as an opportune moment to sell him.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Why do so many want to blame the manager for Martial being a lazy feck?
This is my standing on the issue also. Martial, and his fanboys, can blame anyone they want for his fall from grace but the buck, ultimately, stops with him. Martial doesn’t help himself one bit with his ‘can’t be arsed’ attitude and it has, sadly, cost him big style at United where we have arguably the manager with the greatest winning mentality in the game at the helm. Mourinho does not suffer passengers and you need to display an incredible work ethic which matches your desire to win to get along with him. Martial, at this moment in his career, looks devoid of both.

FujiVice

Of course he wants to leave. He's got absolutely zero chance of breaking into our first team with this manager.

Dyslexic Untied

I rather see a local lad who cam through the academy gets the minutes, and the difference between Rashford and Martial isn't as big as many on here thinks. Also a bigger chance he stays loyal to the club if we don't do well.
My sentiments too.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
So not only did Sanchez come and stink up the place. He pushed one of, if not our most brightest young players out the door... GREAT.

In Rainbows

Why would Mourinho deliberately push Martial out if there was no just cause?
How should I know? I'm not Mou and I also don't believe Mou is some perfect fair individual. However, I'm going to use what I can see. And what I did see is that Sanchez got chance after chance despite being mediocre.

I'm not going to absolve any criticism of Mou just because for all we know there is something going on in training that proves Sanchez should keep playing the bulk of minutes. Fact is Sanchez was not good and yet was given chance after chance.

crossy1686

career ending
My thinking too. I think he's a very good young player with bags of potential but his attitude is questionable.
Agreed. He's not achieved anything yet and he thinks he should be a regular starter for Manchester United or in the World Cup with the France team? Please.

Sanchez isn't keeping Martial out of the team, Martial is keeping Martial out of the team. Knuckle down, have a good preseason, take your chances and before you know it, you're in the first team.

Canagel

It's just wishful thinking from the Martial fanboys. Euros 2016 came after Martial's best season and he played 45 minutes for France that tournament iirc. Deschamps has publicly questioned Martial on more than one occasion.
He may have questioned him in the past but the form Martial was in prior to Sanchez arrival would've made him think. He was on course to get around 20 goals this season.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
fecking hell, in a year that our best outfield player is Lukaku, the best player potentially in the world is Salah and De Bruyne is the best player at a team that has just won the premier league with a record number of points to be sitting her saying shit like “Martial probably doesn’t try hard enough” without any doubt is fecking mental.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
Go back to his form before the January transfer window. He had his chances and took them. He was playing very well and then Sanchez came and screwed it all up.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
This is my standing on the issue also. Martial, and his fanboys, can blame anyone they want for his fall from grace but the buck, ultimately, stops with him. Martial doesn’t help himself one bit with his ‘can’t be arsed’ attitude and it has, sadly, cost him big style at United where we have arguably the manager with the greatest winning mentality in the game at the helm. Mourinho does not suffer passengers and you need to display an incredible work ethic which matches your desire to win to get along with him. Martial, at this moment in his career, looks devoid of both.
Spot on mate.

Ban

So not only did Sanchez come and stink up the place. He pushed one of, if not our most brightest young players out the door... GREAT.
ANd not only that, our manager is stinking up the place too so it's one stinkin story alltogheter. AmIrite?

Status
Not open for further replies.