Bouhafsi: Martial wants to leave United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judas

Open to offers
No. He wants to play for us, but he doesn't want to be bench player. Can't blame him. When player like lingard is selected before you then you know it is time to go.
I guess we never will see martial- lukaku- sanchez attack. But at the same time this means that we are buying attackung olayer this summer.
Lingard deserves to play though? His performances have been better. He does what the managers requires from him. Martial doesn't. You don't play on potential of what you might be capable of one day maybe, you play on merit.

In Rainbows

Maybe the question should be why are others being picked ahead of him?

Unless you think Mourinho just has some irrational random dislike towards him?
What other conclusion can you draw if Sanchez was given chance after chance despite being awful?

King Eric 7

Love Martial, but he's not as good as we all thought he was going to be. Saying he will be WC in the future is just speculation. It may happen, but I think he's got a long way to go yet and next season I doubt he'll prove any of his doubters wrong.

Will be fine if he leaves provided we don't get someone underwhelming to replace him.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

This would be my strategy too.

Who do we sell him to though? Who can afford him?

PSG are handicapped by FFP
, Madrid already have a wealth of talent in attack, Juve are renowned stingy fecks.

We could involve him in some kind of swap deal with Alex Sandro I suppose but even then Juve would probably get the better deal.
Give them cash plus Martial for Verratti. Their FFP situation is overblown.

Tony will be happy to be back in France; Raiola gets his man to OT <plus his usual cut>. Everyone satisfied.

The Bloody-Nine

Can't blame him. Wherever he goes, he will prove to be a top-class talent. G
He'll be the next in Mourinho's worryingly long line of world-class rejects. I'd rather keep Martial and see the back of Mourinho.
Get rid of one of the most successful managers in history for a kid who has proven nothing. That's the kind of logic I like.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I doubt we will get a good deal if we sold him outright, but as part of a deal, Martial could give us great leverage.

cyberman

Use the funds for a right winger and this improves us IMO.
I do think Sanchez wouldn't be criticised so harshly for not settling in straight away if he wasn't taking Martials place in the side.
Its hard to combat the "He'll leave and magically win the Balon For at Madrid" mindset.

Kag

How many more players are we going to say the same about in the future? It's quite baffling that top players look fantastic at anywhere but United. Something has to change.
It will happen to just about every 'top' player we buy going forward.

Fred will need replaced. So will Griezmann if he comes and we realise he's apparently not very good. Just like Martial. Just like Pogba. Just like Sanchez.

For some poor souls, the penny will never drop.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
What other conclusion can you draw if Sanchez was given chance after chance despite being awful?
Maybe Sanchez shows more dedication and effort?

Fans seem to forget that we only see a tiny portion of what goes on. If Martial isn't putting in the effort in training then he's not going to get himself in the managers plans.

There's no reason for Mourinho to just randomly decided to feck with a player.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Let’s get a bloody decent cash deal at least. Sick of us selling for peanuts. Hopefully that will leave room for Griezmann now!!
Don't worry about that, we're refusing to give bloody Darmian away so there's no chance of Martial going for anything less than 100m

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Exactly, Deschamps had some comments about him but people act like he had a secure place for Russia already.
It's just wishful thinking from the Martial fanboys. Euros 2016 came after Martial's best season and he played 45 minutes for France that tournament iirc. Deschamps has publicly questioned Martial on more than one occasion.

Reynoldo

Any chance of a loan deal out and we wait and see if Mou explodes in his 3rd season? Might be a bit shitty by us but try price him out of a move and then agree to a loan move later on in the window.

Nick7

So it wasn't done then. Fekir is not at Liverpool.
Ffs this isn't hard to understand. Journalists aren't in the room for medicals. He said there was a deal for Fekir done, the deal was done. It broke down due to a medical the journalist would know nothing about.

Ban

I remember people saying Welbeck will be a new Henry. Maybe not a good comparison cause Martial is of course lot more talented but just to portray the panic we're seeing here now.

Canagel

The World Cup is not on United, Martial never really convinced with the France team. But Martial should have been used more, he works on confidence. And with confidence, and his finishing skills, he's very interesting for any team. Any team except Mourinho's United apparently. I love Jose and support him, but he needs to find a way to use Martial.
We didn't cost him his World Cup place. He wasn't getting in that squad based on his form from August-January. Deschamps isn't a big fan and Martial definitely wasn't out performing the likes of Mbappe, Thauvin, Payet etc. Give it a rest.
Whatever chances he had evaporated with the arrival of Sanchez who destabilize everything. Clearly there was a Martial before Sanchez came and a Martial after Sanchez came. Even with a faultless season nothing would've been guaranteed as we've seen with Sane but Martial is someone who can blame the club because he never got the chance to impress after January. He played half a season IMO.

Acquire Me

He wants to play and we're probably gonna sign Bale or another RW expected to play most minutes regardless of performance like Sanchez.
I know he wants to play. He will play if he works hard and have a good attitude. People who work hard and dont give up will always have success.

ti vu

For the people who are moaning at the mometn, did they bother reading what @BBRBB translated? I meant it's as clear as they club want him to stay just as we heard previously, but Martial's circle pushed for the move, and it's not the first time!!! Sure he wants to play more and we're not giving, but the thing is whether he deserves as much playing time as what he asks for all this time? Was Martial flawless so that his side can shift all the blame elsewhere? Ironically the implication for Martial fall out was with Alexi transfer when the agent confirmed the contract talk was held at least couple months in advance, and Martial didn't commit with the club.

Ban

Any chance of a loan deal out and we wait and see if Mou explodes in his 3rd season? Might be a bit shitty by us but try price him out of a move and then agree to a loan move later on in the window.
Oh that's a great tactic. Waiting for the manager to 'explode'. Or better yet combust or has a meltdown?

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Great talent and amazing dribbler but lacking the desire to fight for his place in the team and whilst I appreciate that has been difficult for him under Mourinho you have to look objectively at his performances and consistency, not just the great individual moments.

MrPooni

It felt like he was going from strength to strength until the stories about him cheating on his missus emerged, then he just sort of fell apart. Started to get better again but never lived up to the hype.

Watch this - he’ll go elsewhere and become a sensation.
My sentiments exactly. This is all conjecture on my part but when he arrived and hit the ground running I thought it had a lot to do with having a settled personal life i.e. married with a kid and oddly enough his form kind of went to shit around the time the first set of affair rumours started circling.

In Rainbows

Maybe Sanchez shows more dedication and effort?

Fans seem to forget that we only see a tiny portion of what goes on. If Martial isn't putting in the effort in training then he's not going to get himself in the managers plans.

There's no reason for Mourinho to just randomly decided to feck with a player.
Oh great. So Mou is never to blame because for all we know everything outside the pitch could prove his decision is correct.

Jev

Get rid of one of the most successful managers in history for a kid who has proven nothing. That's the kind of logic I like.
Get rid of a manager who has us playing painfully boring, ineffectual football for one of the brightest talents in the game.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Nope, your defender is an old defender on the decline, Martial on the contrary is on the rise. Not mutually beneficial. You will have to compensate and you don't have the means to.
Hasn't he been stagnating ... a bit-part player for United and dropped from the French WC squad? Of course he's young, so his rise might re-set and start again under a new manager.

And if you don't think that Toby would be beneficial for United, then why do United want him?

On the subject of compensation, assuming Toby goes to you, how much are you imagining it would take? I ask because Spurs have spare money this summer.

AndyJ1985

He's not anywhere near as good as some people hype him up to be. We won't miss him.

Ban

It's just wishful thinking from the Martial fanboys. Euros 2016 came after Martial's best season and he played 45 minutes for France that tournament iirc. Deschamps has publicly questioned Martial on more than one occasion.
Doesn't go with the script..

Chiken138

Supports
FC Bayern München
Just sell him, but I'm sure it's just a tactic to get him more money. It always comes down to money

Status
Not open for further replies.