Bouhafsi: Martial wants to leave United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick7

Ffs. If you read that and know that January 'mercato' is talking about the january market - ie Sanchez arriving. His signing has devastated us in more ways than we think.
"devastated" us? jesus calm down.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Am i that subjective about this player? I see him as future world class player. But our board, mourinho and some fans don't.
If he goes to spain, he will destroy that league.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Translating the main part of the source interview with his agent Philippe Lamboley below:
So, he’s annoyed that after eight months of negotiations United aren’t offering the money he wants? As ever it’s about cash.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Can't really blame him. This is Mourinho's fault, the cnut.

Ban

So, he’s annoyed that after eight months of negotiations United aren’t offering the money he wants? As ever it’s about cash.
I dont think it's cash. Maybe he didnt get assurances about playing time.

Snafu17

Am I having a deja vu? This seems to be the exact same news as few months ago, I guess it's just coming straight from his agent rather then by proxy ie Bouhafsi. He wants to leave, we don't want him to. Seems the situation is the same as it was yesterday.

CA1

Will be a blessing in disguise for us, if somebody is stupid enough to buy into the hype of such a one trick pony and give us big ££ so we can get a right sided player to improve the teams balance and consistent quality. There's a reason also rans like Spurs and Dortmund are the suitors.

wolvored

Sell him, insert a buy-back clause for the next 3 years and bring him back when he could be a starter or a spot gets free (e.g. Sanchez declining)
Would he want to come back though? We could say we want him, pay the money, but at the end he has the final say

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
At the moment, only Spurs seem interested in him, so brace yourselves for £30-35m bids.
We'll be very lucky to get £50m.
Well, the upside for United, assuming that Spurs want Martial, is that Levy would become more flexible on the asking price for Toby.

Both clubs only lose a player who wants to leave, and both clubs get a player they want. Isn't that a mutually beneficial deal?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Meh if Spurs cough up the 150m they can have him (and yes that does include Levy tax)

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Kinda feel like that doesn’t work hard enough when the opposition have the ball is kinda BS. He works pretty damn hard and has the numbers to back it up, which has already been proven on this forum. He gets back, sticks his foot in and covers for players.
He really, really doesn’t. According to WhoScored he makes a tackle every other game and an interception every 10(!) games.

Dobba

Well, the upside for United, assuming that Spurs want Martial, is that Levy would become more flexible on the asking price for Toby.

Both clubs only lose a player who wants to leave, and both clubs get a player they want. Isn't that a mutually beneficial deal?
What's the opposite of someone who could sell snow to an Eskimo?

The Bloody-Nine

Am i that subjective about this player? I see him as future world class player. But our board, mourinho and some fans don't.
If he goes to spain, he will destroy that league.
Let him. If he doesn't want to play for us he can piss off.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Meh, not arsed. We need a right sided winger and have 3 on the left, so somebody had to go.
Gutted though, cause I think there is a very good player in him.
Early season he was looking good, then we brought Sanchez in.

I'm quite anti Mourinho these days, but I think you could bring Messi in and he'd look mediocre for us.
I expect we'd see a different Martial at a team that plays with an aggresive attacking tactic.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Not really bothered at all

Overrated....he barely Offered anything so won’t be leaving any sort of gaping hole in our squad.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Seems he has an issue with the Sanchez transfer. Rather than pull up his socks and fight for his place like a good competitor should, he's sulked. Competition is good if you are up to the task. Do you think Scholes and Keane cried in the years of 442 when we signed Veron? Like feck they did.
Competition is good if your manager views you fairly. But when the new signing plays like absolute trash for 5 months apart from a handful of games at most, while Martial before Sanchez came in was scoring and creating consistently and one of the most productive players in the league up until that point, and then suddenly got moved and dropped after 1 bad game and used very sparingly after that, never really getting a fair chance. Or even if he outperformed Rashford or Sanchez, he'd still be on the bench while Raahford got the start as the striker or Sanchez started of course.

So yeah. I dont blame him at all. Literally anyone in his position would ask to leave, because the manager clearly did nothing for him to give him an equal chance.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I find it a little hard to be upset about this. He's been under Mourinho for 2 years and hasn't contributed any more than our other attackers have. I don't think he will be a big success here if he stays.

Ban

Feck,was hoping he'd stay.Understand where hes coming from and wish him well.
Will always remember that great goal v liverpool.

On another note maybe we wont let him leave regardless of the fact he wants to leave.
He has one year on his contract or?

wolvored

Perhaps hes heard we are signing Bale and he wants the No 11 shirt? Stranger things have happened.

James Peril

Would be foolish of us to sell him, but I could see this coming for sure. He is not a Mourinho-player, whatever the hell that really is, he does not put in the defensive work - and especially not with his body language counted in.

The sad thing is that Martial will be a star for far longer than Mourinho will be at United.. and of course in a couple of years we will not have any of then. Sad day if we sell him, which is going to be cheap knowing our lack of toughness in the market.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
How are we going to survive this. Will you guys be at the vigil?

Ban

Would be foolish of us to sell him, but I could see this coming for sure. He is not a Mourinho-player, whatever the hell that really is, he does not put in the defensive work - and especially not with his body language counted in.

The sad thing is that Martial will be a star for far longer than Mourinho will be at United.. and of course in a couple of years we will not have any of then. Sad day if we sell him, which is going to be cheap knowing our lack of toughness in the market.
You think we'll sell our star players and not sign any?

Judas

Open to offers
Lingard has looked a better player than him this season, says a lot about Martial's drive to improve and get better. He hasn't shown enough to warrant starting for us more regularly, and it's as simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.