Sat, 13 April 2024 @ 5:30pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
    I swear we don't train much on how to pass and keep the ball.

It's a coaching thing.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
    I feel sorry for Kambwala. He's been chucked in the fire here, and I think he's lost his head a bit.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
    Staff
    Supports
    Everton
    By now, he’s taking the piss not fixing this. Don’t care about his pride; doesn’t have the right to tank our season because of it.
    It is very strange how some managers go crazy on the self sabotage.

always_hoping

Bournemouth in Old Trafford this season

Goals 3,Shots 10, on target 4

Bournemouth in that 1st half this evening

Goals 2,shots 12, on target 5

redom

This all feels very familiar, none of our problems acknowledged or addressed in any shape or form.

Dazzmondo

Very fortunate to not be losing by much more. Dalot's worst game of the season.

Kambwala needs to come off at half time. Bournemouth are dragging him all over the place. I think he has potential but clearly doesn't have the tactical-know how for this level yet. Hopefully the coaching team will analyse this game with him in detail so he can learn from his mistakes.

Hojlund's been anonymous since his last injury. Need much more from him. Bruno's played pretty well and Onana made a big save towards the end of the half. Not much else to praise. Poor is the norm atm.

thisisnottaken1

I've been supporting this club since 1977. This is the worst team I've ever seen.

There have been some good moments this season (Mainoo, Garnacho, Amad goals for instance) but that is scant return for all the hours I've given to following united this season.

Ignoring the moments we literally haven't put in a good performance all season.
    Nah, the game against Crystal Palace in the League Cup was good.

but apart from that, it’s been horrific.

Rustyspider13

This is beyond embarrassing, beyond frustrating, beyond infuriating, it's just baffling. I don't get it. I don't get what these professional footballers and coaches are trying to do here. Like, what's the plan of attack or defense?

You see Bournemouth move with purpose, their players know what to do both in attack and defense. They know when to dribble, when to pass, when to go long, when to go short, when to shoot. We do none of it. We're just making it up as we go along. That's why we have no speed of play. We need to think for a second before each action because we're not coached.

Our forwards are surrounded every time. Our midfield doesn't exist. Our defense has no clue how to mark players let alone progress the ball. What do these players do in training? I don't understand how we are this bad in literally every aspect of football. Every single thing we're second best at. Every single game. I don't care if we somehow get something from this game, this is unwatchable. This is not how a professional football team operates. Let alone Manchester United. I'm dejected.

Glorio

I actually think Onana has been good. Can't see how he could have saved either ... They're really good efforts

Banana Republic

Casemiro is nowhere to be seen when it counts.
    Rashford isn’t capable of having any positive impact on the game, unless he has clear space in front of him to run into, unopposed.

Get them both off, beef up the midfield and freshen up our attack.
    Oops! No midfield strength on the bench.

NLunited

Typically abject stuff so far. Bruno carrying the fight alone, but the players seem to have such little quality on the ball and can’t keep it. I suspect that is a confidence issue though.

I think we should bring Amad on for Rashford and Mount for Casemiro.
    Yes to all of that.

BootsyCollins

I dont care how many different backlines we have had this season, at this level a coach should be able to insert a way of defending as a team. We look like a team put together for just this match, every match. Its just so bad.
    I have had more than enough with ETH, if this is what he can show after almost two years then i am not impressed at all.

Bestofthebest

This could become a bloodbath and there is little we can do about it. We need to get shut of a fair few of these players but I doubt anyone would bid for them. We either don’t have a plan when we go on the pitch or EtH is giving them bad instructions. Thank God for Onana, only player worth keeping just now.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
    He's not shit ffs, he's a youngster thrown in the deep end starting games before he's fully ready because we have an injury crisis. There's great potential there.
    Surprisingly knee jerk from you dude. Give him benefit of the doubt. Hes only a kid. He’s been dropped in the ocean and is trying to learn to swim!
    I've kept a close eye on him for a while.

Hes been last ditch in defending rather than positioning himself smartly. He doesn't station himself well at all, and it showed for both goals.

Hes also always looking like he's sinking on the pitch, a very heavy footed defender that needs to be quicker on turns and adjusting to transitions.

He might turn out good but right now he's a bit shit. I didn't rate him much before a ball was kicked today.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
    When we hired him I thought we were finally getting a manager to prioritise midfield control and possession play but he’s been the absolutely opposite

sepulturite

I don’t think he is?
    Hojlund had a purple patch but in the last 5 games he’s been awful let’s not kid ourselves here, I’d add Solanke in a heartbeat right now. We desperately need a full reset and that’s best done without European football whatsoever next season and most definitely without ETH 18 defeats from 44 games is more than enough for this season!
    Mate loads of our players have been awful, no point singling out Hojlund. It's ETH awful coaching. We've seen it before where we've written off players as crap, then as soon as a new manager comes in they've been transformed.

I'm done judging the players under this manager, I'm waiting until someone else is in charge and seeing what's what then.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
    Very fortunate to not be losing by much more. Dalot's worst game of the season.

Kambwala needs to come off at half time. Bournemouth are dragging him all over the place. I think he has potential but clearly doesn't have the tactical-know how for this level yet. Hopefully the coaching team will analyse this game with him in detail so he can learn from his mistakes.

Hojlund's been anonymous since his last injury. Need much more from him. Bruno's played pretty well and Onana made a big save towards the end of the half. Not much else to praise. Poor is the norm atm.
    Hojlund is probably anonymous because other defences and midfield are set up to deal with him. Ours are just not set up. It is every man for himself.

Dannn411

:lol: :lol: :lol: You're a better person than me even expecting anything from Casemiro. I haven't expected anything from Casemiro since like March last year. Totally finished player who just finessed us for one last big paycheck.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
    Without getting conspiratorial, I swear they only bring up possible fouls in the buildup when we score. Never the other way round. Mainoo could’ve had a penalty, but we didn’t even see a replay at the time.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    Not the sort of game where we can usually get it up for.

Our remaining interesting games are the FA Cup games, Arsenal at Old Trafford, and that's about it... The away games remaining will be shit, the home games will be fine. This is our team.
    So predictable.

spiriticon

I swear we've only been good in about 5 matches this season. How we're not in the bottom half of the table is a mystery.

LilienFan

Supports
    Darmstadt
    Saw this on BBC and sums us up perfectly

You see United turn up last week because it was Liverpool. Now Bournemouth playing them off the park. It isn’t an issue with talent, but an issue of attitude. This side is lazy, arrogant, and overpaid
    No it´s actually like the one guy wrote: best way to beat United is to let them have the ball, cause they are so sloppy with the ball, and don´t track back, when they lose it. Also leave acres of space in the middle of the park with their 4-2-4 ish attack. You can play through that so easily. If you pin that big brute Harry in his own penalty box like Liverpool, you play to his strength. I knew that ETH would again switch AWB onto Salah. If Klopp switched Salah to Dalot´s right side, it would have completely broken ETH´s brain and Liverpool probably win 5-0.

erikcred

to be fair, I've lost count of how many CB pairings we've had this season but still...
    As long as the players in these umpteen CB pairings came from our squad and weren't just fans who won a competition, I expect better from us than holding on for dear life against almost every team.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 168 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Bournemouth win
  • Draw