Boycott The Fulham Game

Red00012

What better way to continue the protest (peacefully) by supporters showing up at OT on the day of the game protesting outside and not going into the ground. it would send a clear message to the Glazers that this is not going away.

After almost 14 months since supporters were allowed into OT (legally) imagine how big a story it would create if 10,000 didn’t attend the game.

Granted I understand it won’t be completely empty but if we get this going and supporters understand one more home game without attending will help long term it may work.

Tarrou

I think that's going to be super hard to pull off

there will be so much demand for tickets after over a year without availability and only 10,000 going

so the only way it works is if the boycotters buy tickets and then don't attend, which seems super unlikely

Okey

I made this suggestion in one of the threads after the postponed game. Not sure about going to the stadium at all, after what happened last time, but the visual of an empty OT while other stadiums celebrate the return of fans should be a powerful one. We can always return next season. It's only season ticket holders eligible, so can be done if we really want to.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Unfortunately I can't see it working even if it would be a good way to protest. Too many are gagging for tickets, it's not been possible to watch United at a stadium for more than a year.

Red00012

I made this suggestion in one of the threads after the postponed game. Not sure about going to the stadium at all, after what happened last time, but the visual of an empty OT while other stadiums celebrate the return of fans should be a powerful one. We can always return next season. It's only season ticket holders eligible, so can be done if we really want to.
Ya ,that was what I’m getting it it’s only one game , if ST holders can hold off for one more game it would be massive.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I can't imagine being gagging to go and sit in a cold stadium to watch meh entertainment. Surely you could have as much fun in a crowd outside?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I can't imagine being gagging to go and sit in a cold stadium to watch meh entertainment. Surely you could have as much fun in a crowd outside?
People travel to the middle of Siberia in winter to watch United, they'll show up to Old Trafford in May.

hp88

I have got no intention of going until it's back to 100% capacity, not sure why they have even asked us to confirm if we are renewing our season tickets as the government haven't really confirmed anything.

hp88

There are fans who love United but will choose to go the game.

Who is a true "red"?
This is going to be a touchy subject, it has already started in the group chat with some of the guys I go to the games with, think we might see a repeat of 2005.

meamth

10,000 gather outside and United fans cause another Covid wave?

Nice way to disrupt football.

samolocix

Supports
United
Would they care if supporters buys the tickets and dont show up for a game ?
As long as they have money in pocket they dont give a shit

Reactions: Rood

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Won't work. Fans have been waiting over a year to get back inside OT. I won't be there for the Fulham game but next season I'll be going as much as possible. fecking missed it.

Red00012

Won't work. Fans have been waiting over a year to get back inside OT. I won't be there for the Fulham game but next season I'll be going as much as possible. fecking missed it.
Some people won’t go in until it’s full.

stw2022

Only way to make a boycott effective is by buying ticket and not show up. But by then you’ve already paid them the money

alexthelion

Only way to make a boycott effective is by buying ticket and not show up. But by then you’ve already paid them the money
What's the point of that? They've got the money which is what they want.

Ted1985

Never. If I had a chance to go to OT and support our lads then I would, doesent matter to me if the Glazers own the club. Supporting the lads and their good work means the most to me. There are other more important issues in the world worth protesting about then a leaking roof and whatnot, surely most of you can affort an umbrella? Anyways, in the end I hope the roof gets fixed and the owners see eye to eye with the fans on some of their more realistic demands.

Reactions: Rood

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
What better way to continue the protest (peacefully) by supporters showing up at OT on the day of the game protesting outside and not going into the ground. it would send a clear message to the Glazers that this is not going away.

After almost 14 months since supporters were allowed into OT (legally) imagine how big a story it would create if 10,000 didn’t attend the game.

Granted I understand it won’t be completely empty but if we get this going and supporters understand one more home game without attending will help long term it may work.
The big story has already been created - I don't see what benefit this would have at all

And anyway are you going to reimburse me for my ticket?

romufc

I cannot see how this would work.

Fans are itching to get back into the ground, it will also be a way of fans showing the players the appreciation they deserve for the season they have had.

The players need the fans support as much as we need football. The fans going to the ground chanting the players names etc, it may give them more belief for the next season.

klsv

How will the tickets be allocated? Surely it has to be for the season ticket holders, meaning most showing up are local fans and not tourists, meaning there could be a decent protest on the stands, meaning it is televised as well. If it's only a one off match with 10 000 fans, then the money lost wouldn't be that much anyway. Rather go, support Ole and the team while making a point against the owners.

Red00012

The big story has already been created - I don't see what benefit this would have at all

And anyway are you going to reimburse me for my ticket?
The big story needs to stay big , the problem is that it dies away after a few weeks and this is what the Glazers expect.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
The big story needs to stay big , the problem is that it dies away after a few weeks and this is what the Glazers expect.
You didn't answer my question - I'm happy to boycott as long as you pay for my ticket, shall I send you my PayPal?

Protest within the ground still keeps the story big and we need to support OLE and the team who have exceeded expectations this season

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Never. If I had a chance to go to OT and support our lads then I would, doesent matter to me if the Glazers own the club. Supporting the lads and their good work means the most to me. There are other more important issues in the world worth protesting about then a leaking roof and whatnot, surely most of you can affort an umbrella? Anyways, in the end I hope the roof gets fixed and the owners see eye to eye with the fans on some of their more realistic demands.

Baffling this take gets a 'like'.

What's your threshold for OT falling into pieces? When we have to move and play at the local car park? If you let the Glazers squeeze, they'll do it until there's not much of our great infrastructure and advantage over other teams.

What you really meant to say is that you want to watch football and don't want to be bothered because you 'want to support the lads'.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Nah. 1 match with 10,000 fans isn't going to stop the Glazers, but the players deserve a good cheer for their hard work this season. Would be nice to hear Cavani's name being sung too - could make all the difference if he wants to stay and feel welcome.

Red00012

You didn't answer my question - I'm happy to boycott as long as you pay for my ticket, shall I send you my PayPal?

Protest within the ground still keeps the story big and we need to support OLE and the team who have exceeded expectations this season
Send on your card details there I’ll sort you out :D

I'm all for a boycott, but there doesn't seem to be enough for support for it. Sadly, that plays into the Glazers' hands. The only way we will remove them is buy starving them out and cutting off the cash.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Meh? We've been pretty good attacking wise in most of the season bar a handful of big games, haven't we?

Flying high

Wouldn't the team be better supported if you could help supply it with an extra £100m each year?

choccy77

Surely if the 10,000 all go to season ticket holders who are part of the protest, then boycotting the game would be easy no?

I'm guessing it would fail, simply because these guys after buying a ticket would become hypocrites and look out for themselves and rather watch us struggle against Fulham, than actually making a real stand over the Glazers.

Okey

Any update on this? Ticket application opens tomorrow. I'm all in for the boycott if we're up for it.

Wheato

What the feckety feckbuckets is this ballot nonsense? The main site is sketchy at best. Where is the ballot held, online, over the phone? Where are the links to the ballot?

It's like saying, a helicopter will land in a field tomorrow at 8. What field, what county, what country. Give us a blinking clue, you total spazmonkeys.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
So we're asking the glazers to forgone taking twenty millions in dividend. Yet we dont even want to sacrifice 1 match to protest for the club we love? You can see the match from your smartphones together outside protesting.

Furthermore it's a meaningless ties against fulham, with probably nothing much to play for.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
What the feckety feckbuckets is this ballot nonsense? The main site is sketchy at best. Where is the ballot held, online, over the phone? Where are the links to the ballot?

It's like saying, a helicopter will land in a field tomorrow at 8. What field, what county, what country. Give us a blinking clue, you total spazmonkeys.
Eh? What do you not understand about the ballot system?

It's hardly a new thing or complicated - there is one for every away game, cup final etc

alexthelion

Well said.

alexthelion

Baffling this take gets a 'like'.

What's your threshold for OT falling into pieces? When we have to move and play at the local car park? If you let the Glazers squeeze, they'll do it until there's not much of our great infrastructure and advantage over other teams.

What you really meant to say is that you want to watch football and don't want to be bothered because you 'want to support the lads'.
Why? Seems sensible to me, but then I'm not as stupid as some.