Boycotting occupied palestine

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Although Ben & Jerry’s will no longer be sold in the OPT, we will stay in Israel through a different arrangement. We will share an update on this as soon as we’re ready.
Curious as to what arrangement.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Hopefully a lot more companies follow. Any company with neutral interests will surely want to be on the right side of history when it’s all said and done.

Fair play to them.
Thing is most companies won't care. Do we even remember all the countries and companies that benefitted off of apartheid South Africa? Even if we do we use their products like anything.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
This might just be the inspiration the Coca-Cola company needs to create a new drink.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Wait, am I being thick here or is this a bit backward? So now the people who already have it shit can't buy the ice-cream? It's hardly a disaster cause Ben and Jerry's is a bit shite, but still.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Wait, am I being thick here or is this a bit backward? So now the people who already have it shit can't buy the ice-cream? It's hardly a disaster cause Ben and Jerry's is a bit shite, but still.
Maybe it's the settlements within the occupied territories?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Thing is most companies won't care. Do we even remember all the countries and companies that benefitted off of apartheid South Africa? Even if we do we use their products like anything.
I guess not but I suppose its there for the record now anyway and hopefully more big companies follow suit. It’s better that influential and highly visible people and companies are at least speaking out and acting rather than just ignoring the issue just because it doesn’t effect them directly. Some things are more important than money and I would imagine a lot of businesses would like to be seen as ethically responsible.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I can't imagine locations without electricity for 90% of the time have a great demand for ice-cream.

hobbers

You've been occupied, now you can't have our shitty premium-priced ice cream.

I'm sure bootleggers will manage to get deliveries going again as soon as they secure appropriate transport.

ChaddyP

I don't see how this will move the needle in any way. It would be more relevant if they stopped selling ice cream in all of Israel.
im not sure ben and jerries would move any needle if they stopped selling icecream period :lol:

RedTiger

Half mast
I don't see how this will move the needle in any way. It would be more relevant if they stopped selling ice cream in all of Israel.
Apparently the independent board of Ben & Jerry's didn't put that message out. It was Unilever (the owners of B&J) who put that message out about continuing to sell in Israel proper. The independent board wanted to ban all sales in Israel.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
In New York The Jewish Community has decided to start boycotting all Uniliver products which includes Ben & Jerry's.
Those numbers will be dwarfed by the number of global Muslims, and general anti apartheid people, actively pursuing to buy Unilever products now. A large minority of Western Jews are also anti Zionism which should swell the numbers further.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Those numbers will be dwarfed by the number of global Muslims, and general anti apartheid people, actively pursuing to buy Unilever products now. A large minority of Western Jews are also anti Zionism which should swell the numbers further.
In indonesia. The largest muslim country in the world. Mcdonald, kfc, pizza hut Starbucks are making a killing.

If they're so worried about who supports what Mcdonald would have been empty long ago.

We've called for boycott israel and america since 65 but truth is.. nobody gives a damn

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Consumer goods should really stop playing politics. It's not their place
Nonsense. This is as bad as the anti-BLMs saying footballers shouldn’t get involved in politics, or a celebrity shouldn’t speak out about so and so.

Giggs86

They should stop selling that garbage altogether for the sake of humanity. Absolute trash

neverdie

Haaretz is probably the best newspaper in the world. They manage to strike the right balance almost all of the time.
Haaretz said:
I supported Isaac Herzog for president, and not just because he was the better choice. It seemed to me that, after his crucifixion as Zionist Union chairman from 2014 to 2017, when he wanted to enter the Netanyahu government, many people learned to appreciate his talents as a politician, in that word’s positive sense.
He’s businesslike, diligent, unflappable and easy to like. He’s a cunning political operative but within the standard limits. Like most people in the Labor Party, Herzog isn’t some big leftist, certainly not a “professional leftist.”

His approach to the Palestinians isn’t steeped in the romance of the noble savage, whose essence is the elites’ obsession with their own guilt feelings. And his approach isn’t tainted by the deeply rooted racism of the right.
And now, this week he spoke out about the Ben & Jerry’s affair, saying: “The boycott of Israel is a new sort of terrorism, economic terrorism. Terrorism tries to harm the citizens of Israel and the economy of Israel. We must oppose this boycott and terrorism in any form.”

Terrorism, no less. One possibility is that this is what Herzog thinks. Another is that since he put on his president’s suit, he feels the need to make the same movements the other politicians make, which is more or less to clear his throat and cry out like the most robbed Cossack in the village. It’s not clear which of these possibilities is worse.

After all, what did Ben & Jerry’s do? It spoke the truth: The West Bank isn’t part of Israel and the situation there is improper. There are two populations in the West Bank – one without civil rights and one that enjoys the protection and help of the state and even has the strongest political lobby in Israel. Each of these populations has a separate system of laws and courts.

This is a state of occupation – some call it apartheid. Either way, it’s an anomaly that a decent democratic country isn’t supposed to be part of, certainly not for more than 50 years. What’s not clear here?

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain

These Zionists are so precious.