Brady

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Well, mr mujac says he will make it here barring bad luck, and thats the first time ive ever seen him stick his neck out about an individual player. If the lad's good enough for the most experienced and knowledgeable follower of the youth teams that's enough to convince me.
give. me. a. break....

The only person who knows is the great man himself.

Brady has quality. No question, though he is wreckless at times. Trap should call him up to the Republic of Ireland squad asit didn't hurt the northern Ireland lads and it's not like we produce quality year in year out. However look at the wingers we have at United. If Brady makes it, it won't be for a number of years and who knows where we will be by then. Will Sir Alex still be in charge? You can have respect, but that should go for everyone because no matter who you are, there are a small group who makes these decisions and none of us are in that group. Even if you speak to coaches, they never thought G Neville would make it. It's tricky to predict that far down the line, especially when you have park/nani/young and valencia on the wings

datura

Strange post.

I hope Brady can steer clear of injuries, whenever he's started to hit good form he's picked up knocks that have set him back so hard to really judge him. It's good that he's started off so well for Hull and the u21s, could be a big season for him.

Ringo 07

Brady was once on the books at Man City according to Wikipedia!! I wonder if he was released or if he quit them to go back to play for St Kevins Boys in Dublin before signing for Utd after?

Last youth left winger that was once on the books at City that ended up here didnt turn out too badly for us and Wales! Maybe thats a good omen for Brady!

Decotron

Brady was once on the books at Man City according to Wikipedia!! I wonder if he was released or if he quit them to go back to play for St Kevins Boys in Dublin before signing for Utd after?

Last youth left winger that was once on the books at City that ended up here didnt turn out too badly for us and Wales! Maybe thats a good omen for Brady!
Im almost certain thats nonsense. Liverpool we after him in a big way when he signed for us, Celtic and some other prem club were also after him. Never heard City mentioned at any stage

Ringo 07

Well the mistake has already been fixed on wikipedia. 1 hour ago it had that he was on the books at Man City before Kevins Boys

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
give. me. a. break....

The only person who knows is the great man himself.

Brady has quality. No question, though he is wreckless at times. Trap should call him up to the Republic of Ireland squad asit didn't hurt the northern Ireland lads and it's not like we produce quality year in year out. However look at the wingers we have at United. If Brady makes it, it won't be for a number of years and who knows where we will be by then. Will Sir Alex still be in charge? You can have respect, but that should go for everyone because no matter who you are, there are a small group who makes these decisions and none of us are in that group. Even if you speak to coaches, they never thought G Neville would make it. It's tricky to predict that far down the line, especially when you have park/nani/young and valencia on the wings
:confused: You've totally lost me there

Heffo

I think he's being a bit petty because samabachan values Mr. Mujac's opinion on a player while Striker10 and himself usually argue over the ability and potential of various players. Was a pretty needless post altogether to be honest....

Striker10

Its very simple. I and others are mocked by mugs, for our opinions when we watch the kids and the guy i was responding too was telling me 'ohh i would put sir alexs decision over yours'....and yet he's kissing that guys ass saying if it's good enough for him, then thats it...it's the typical redcafe bullshit that pisses me off. Anyone that watches the kids should be respected as should their opinion....clearly lots of people won't understand what i'm referring too but I do. Whenever I talk about pogba I have to put up with idiots who read way too much into the way I word things. Basically some people kiss others guys asses but as i say everyone deserves respect.

Striker10

I think he's being a bit petty because samabachan values Mr. Mujac's opinion on a player while Striker10 and himself usually argue over the ability and potential of various players. Was a pretty needless post altogether to be honest....
you can say that but at the end of the day I could say the same for your post seeing as I can explain things for myself...

When you talk about common sense. The party line is lets wait and see but just because i said it people won't give a shit. I don't see how people can predict 3/4 years down the line. Maybe you do? IF people watch the kids, people should ENGAGE them...not try to get smart to get one over them.

Brady is a young kid...making it is entirely different to making it at United. His problem for me is who is ahead of him and if people disagree then feel free to explain how he'll get in ahead of nani/young/park and valencia + the option of welbeck on the wing and with the treat of us buying another winger in the future....thats where we are now.

Heffo

you can say that but at the end of the day I could say the same for your post seeing as I can explain things for myself...

When you talk about common sense. The party line is lets wait and see but just because i said it people won't give a shit. I don't see how people can predict 3/4 years down the line. Maybe you do? IF people watch the kids, people should ENGAGE them...not try to get smart to get one over them.

Brady is a young kid...making it is entirely different to making it at United. His problem for me is who is ahead of him and if people disagree then feel free to explain how he'll get in ahead of nani/young/park and valencia + the option of welbeck on the wing and with the treat of us buying another winger in the future....thats where we are now.
I'm not saying he will definitely make it, in fact my thinking is more along the lines of yours in that he will struggle with the options in front of him. However if he does well on loan at Hull I can see him going on loan in the Premiership next season. If he follows that course and does well who knows what our options will be in 2 seasons time.

The reason I commented on it is the way you put your point across, there was no reason for your post really. In the end it's obvious you were posting it because you and samabachan have had arguments over youth before.
Fair enough if you gave your opinion on Brady and left it there but the way your whole post was worded reeked of pettiness, does it really matter to you if samabachan puts value in Mr. Mujac's opinions?

I have no issue with what you post in general and appreciate your views on some of our young players but I just thought that that post was needless.

samabachan

Football is about glory, it is about doing things
Its very simple. I and others are mocked by mugs, for our opinions when we watch the kids and the guy i was responding too was telling me 'ohh i would put sir alexs decision over yours'....and yet he's kissing that guys ass saying if it's good enough for him, then thats it...it's the typical redcafe bullshit that pisses me off. Anyone that watches the kids should be respected as should their opinion....clearly lots of people won't understand what i'm referring too but I do. Whenever I talk about pogba I have to put up with idiots who read way too much into the way I word things. Basically some people kiss others guys asses but as i say everyone deserves respect.
I don't know what's got into you mate, what an odd post.

Striker10

it's not odd at all. Everyone knows what I said about Pogba and your responce. This talk or odd/strange..is lazy...the point i'm making is with all due respect to the guys ass that you were kissing, I think even he would argree there is a long road a head for brady. When you analyse the situation, we have strength on the wings. We have other young talented wingers. We could always bring others in. We could sign someone established. He could break his leg because he has lapses. No matter how good the kid is, we can't ignore who's in the squad already. Brady might come though, but it would be exceptional if he did. We're talking 2/3+ years down the line and that's a long time in football.

samabachan

Firstly, I never said I thought Brady was nailed on - if you check my post history I've actually been skeptical in the past, but Mr MUJAC has been watching the reserves longer than you or I have been following United, so I think his opinion is worth considering at the very least.

Secondly, I don't know why you're making everything so personal just cause we have (sort of) different opinions on one player. Everyone will see things differently and it's not a personal attack that someone disagrees with your opinion :confused:

prateik

He was sick before their last game and came off in the second half.
Might be the reason

edit: yep
playing

x42bn6

Tactically we got it wrong, Brady and Cairney should have stayed on, when they left we looked clueless. Evans and McKenna dont look up to the challenge to me, Hobbs looks petrified every time he has the ball.

But the season doesnt end until May so plenty of time to right the wrongs.
Thoughts on Today

I was totally baffled by the Brady off for Barmby substitution?
BRADY AND CAIRNEY both played well. Its down to the folks who vote. Not much between them.
Cairney Man of the match???

Midfield is weak, Mckenna for me isnt up to it, Evans has been unimpressive, Brady hasn't got a right foot and Koren isnt a winger. Cairney is by far our best midfielder at the moment which is worrying because when Cairney is injured we struggle, an example been Tuesday night.
Cause for Concern?

(Didn't he score against Liverpool with his right foot?)

Striker10

imho that's not exactly the point is it, though you could prove it. Scored a great goal today btw. Hopefully Trapitoni is watching

68-99-08

Have a good feeling about Brady, think he's got something about him to make the step up...could be the fire in the belly to go with the talent

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
My name is being referred to so I think I would like to clarify.

A few people ask me from time to time what I think of certain youth players and if so and so will 'make it'.

I usually respond with a view about their ability and then caveat my statements with a few observations:

a) I have only seen four certs in all my time watching United (Whiteside, Doherty, Giggs and Scholes) and a few if luck goes with them (Fletcher, Hughes, Welbeck)....Morrison is close to this lot but his temperament is a massive issue.

b) I have been wrong loads more than I have been right

c) Most lads key period is 18-22 so predicting 16-18 is virtually impossible

d) Injuries amongst other things plays a massive part (Thornley, Petrucci, Walsh)

When asked about Brady, I still stand by my original statement that technically he is one of the best wingers I have seen come through the ranks for many years. He has two problems...firstly he is injury prone and second he is reckless and can't control his temper. If he can handle these two things and continue to progress I think he will become a very good player.

Anyone who wants to disagree with me is welcome as it's only my opinion.

I also don't buy the argument that there are too many players ahead of Brady...same could be said of any young player...look at Welbeck and Cleverley.

Finally, I have always been happy to have a conversation with anyone about most topics...as long as it's informed and objective and doesn't get personal.

dcrompton

My name is being referred to so I think I would like to clarify.

A few people ask me from time to time what I think of certain youth players and if so and so will 'make it'.

I usually respond with a view about their ability and then caveat my statements with a few observations:

a) I have only seen four certs in all my time watching United (Whiteside, Doherty, Giggs and Scholes) and a few if luck goes with them (Fletcher, Hughes, Welbeck)....Morrison is close to this lot but his temperament is a massive issue.

b) I have been wrong loads more than I have been right

c) Most lads key period is 18-22 so predicting 16-18 is virtually impossible

d) Injuries amongst other things plays a massive part (Thornley, Petrucci, Walsh)

When asked about Brady, I still stand by my original statement that technically he is one of the best wingers I have seen come through the ranks for many years. He has two problems...firstly he is injury prone and second he is reckless and can't control his temper. If he can handle these two things and continue to progress I think he will become a very good player.

Anyone who wants to disagree with me is welcome as it's only my opinion.

I also don't buy the argument that there are too many players ahead of Brady...same could be said of any young player...look at Welbeck and Cleverley.

Finally, I have always been happy to have a conversation with anyone about most topics...as long as it's informed and objective and doesn't get personal.
Don't think you need to justify yourself. I for one always look out for and enjoy your posts and your obvious enthusiasm for supporting and reporting on youth football at United, please keep it up. Out of interest, who is the Doherty who makes your top 4?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Don't think you need to justify yourself. I for one always look out for and enjoy your posts and your obvious enthusiasm for supporting and reporting on youth football at United, please keep it up. Out of interest, who is the Doherty who makes your top 4?
If I'm not mistaken I think it was a young Irish lad whose career was curtailed by injury...not certain mind

samabachan

I think I remember some interview with Big Ron or someone similar once when he was asked if he could ever spot potential in young players or something, and he said he'd only ever seen 3 players who he thought were nailed on to make it. One was Lee Hendrie (!) and one of the others was a lad called, I think, Aiden Doherty. Maybe that's the one?

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Adrian Doherty was a lad from Strabane, died in a canal accident in Amsterdam. I think it was Gary Neville said he was the best young player he'd ever seen

Edit: Heres an extract from a Brendan Rogers (Swansea manager) interview

At St Patrick's College in Ballymena, his skills as a footballer were spotted by Manchester United scout Eddie Coulter, who more recently unearthed Jonny Evans. It was early in the Alex Ferguson era and Rodgers used to travel to Manchester to represent United at schoolboy level with a lad called Adrian Doherty, a tricky left-winger considered an Ulster discovery almost in the George Best class.

"They called him 'the Doc', and Ryan Giggs, the Nevilles, they will all tell you he was the best player they ever played with at that level. I remember being at Reading with Jim Leighton, who was on loan from United at the time, and he waxed lyrical about 'the Doc'. He was an incredible player, but he got badly injured in a reserve game, which set his career on a downward path, and a few years ago, very sadly, he drowned in a canal, in Holland."

Doherty was just 26 when he died in 2000, all that youthful promise already just fodder for anecdotes. Rodgers' own youthful promise, though far more limited, had much happier consequences. United let him go to Reading, where he captained the youth team and later hovered on the fringes of the first team, but a series of injuries, compounded by the realisation that even at peak fitness he would never cut it at the level he aspired to, made him resolve to become a coach, starting with the Reading youth team.
Read more: Brendan Rodgers: 'The day Jose left Chelsea, it felt like someone had died' - Premier League, Football - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Striker10

Mr. MUJAC the fact you follow the youth, much like a lot of us here can only be a good thing when people offer their opinions regarding the youth.

I'm still hoping Trap picks Brady but you wonder if he even know the lad exists.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
According to the posters on the hull forum, he admitted in an interview afterwards that it was a cross.