Brady

samabachan

Football is about glory, it is about doing things
Christ on a bike, if anyone had actually bothered to read my post properly you might have seen that I didn't say he's gaz baz mk II, I said that he has the look of a naturally central player who gets shunted out left purely because he's left footed, like Gareth Barry was for the first half of his career.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Christ on a bike, if anyone had actually bothered to read my post properly you might have seen that I didn't say he's gaz baz mk II, I said that he has the look of a naturally central player who gets shunted out left purely because he's left footed, like Gareth Barry was for the first half of his career.
gaz baz? really? kinell :lol:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Tbf I really don't think Gareth Barry ever really had the pace and trickery of Brady.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I saw him playing for Hull a couple of times at the KC (including when he scored against Liverpool in pre-season) and he honestly stood-out even from our other boys who have gone there recently. I've thought that it would be a shame if he didn't get a chance here. The last time I saw Hull he was the best player on the pitch, and the locals around me went ballistic when he was subbed-off while Hull were 1-0 down (he was coming back from injury IIRC).

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Wouldnt he be better off going out on loan again? A lot of competition for wing places in the squad
Depends who you class as wingers really. We've got one left winger and two right, so I think Brady could fill in as fourth choice and play cup games. He played around 41 games for Hull last season so we might not be as desperate to give him another year.

I think he'll feature in preseason and if he excels then he'll stick aroud until at least January. If hes had games.and we're still in the cup competitions then he'll stay, if not then he'll go back out on loan. That's how i see him being used anyway. I'm basing most of this on something i heard Hull's manager saying this season, something like he'd talked to Fergie about next season but was told that Brady will be involved with our first team.

RyanGoggs

Insists on dating women in public places - for the
Depends who you class as wingers really. We've got one left winger and two right, so I think Brady could fill in as fourth choice and play cup games. He played around 41 games for Hull last season so we might not be as desperate to give him another year.

I think he'll feature in preseason and if he excels then he'll stick aroud until at least January. If hes had games.and we're still in the cup competitions then he'll stay, if not then he'll go back out on loan. That's how i see him being used anyway. I'm basing most of this on something i heard Hull's manager saying this season, something like he'd talked to Fergie about next season but was told that Brady will be involved with our first team.
Well if Fergie said it then fair enough. I was just thinking that with our wingers we are pretty well stocked

Young (left)
Park (left or right)
Nani (l or r)
Valencia (r)

On top of that we may get Kagawa who could play wide, as can Giggs, Welbeck and Rooney if needed.

Widnes

I would have thought a move to a PL club on loan would be the next stage of his development, similar to the route taken by Evans, Welbeck & Cleverley which has worked well.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
If he can continue first team football, I think he should

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Well if Fergie said it then fair enough. I was just thinking that with our wingers we are pretty well stocked

Young (left)
Park (left or right)
Nani (l or r)
Valencia (r)

On top of that we may get Kagawa who could play wide, as can Giggs, Welbeck and Rooney if needed.
I'm not sure he counts as a winger. Can't remember the last game he played there, and i'm hoping we'll not see him again played there (or in the centre for that matter).

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

Young (left)
Park (left or right)
Nani (l or r)
Valencia (r)

Yeah, as I said, depends how you view our current wing options. I'm with you in thinking that Kagawa could be used out wide, though I don't think Park will feature there again really. We'll have to see what happens, but I would like to see him have a few games here with our first team to get an idea of where he's at. Maybe that will be preseason?

westlife4ever

Does anyone else think he could be our 4th choice winger this season?
Good point. This preseason tour is a great opportunity for Brady. That's if he travels, of course.

If he impressed, then I can see SAF keep him in the squad for the first half of the season at least.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Good point. This preseason tour is a great opportunity for Brady. That's if he travels, of course.

If he impressed, then I can see SAF keep him in the squad for the first half of the season at least.
Agreed, with Nani likely to miss the beginning of the tour resting from the Euros, and Welbeck as well, Brady the only obvious choice to play on the left wing. We can't even play Giggs there as he's with the Olympic squad.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Agreed, with Nani likely to miss the beginning of the tour resting from the Euros, and Welbeck as well, Brady the only obvious choice to play on the left wing. We can't even play Giggs there as he's with the Olympic squad.
It's BEBE TIME!

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
I think he should realistically target a loan to a PL club this season. However if he impresses the boss on tour then who knows.

Brady has played at LB for the ressies before. Only to benefit his development at the time but his future at United could well be in that position. Just throwing that out there.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Remember he had a good performance against Blackburn (res) as a left back. Pat was a bit older than Brady is when he first started playing in defense...

Some might remember Ferguson giving another Irish midfielder games as a defender. Gerrard too started out as a back in the first team.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Brady as cover for both positions on the left flank may not be a bad shout

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
I think that Giggs and Kagawa will be the 4th choice cover this season. I don't think that Brady is good enough, too agricultural in my opinion.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

I think that if we are a man down on the wings that Giggs (left) or Kagawa (left or right) will play in that position. From what I have seen, I don't think that Brady is good enough to be Manchester United first teamer. It is not a complex viewpoint.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
I think that if we are a man down on the wings that Giggs (left) or Kagawa (left or right) will play in that position. From what I have seen, I don't think that Brady is good enough to be Manchester United first teamer. It is not a complex viewpoint.
He was asking what you meant by 'agricultural'...it's a good question because I don't know what that means either.

Your non 'complex viewpoint' that he isn't good enough I get.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

He was asking what you meant by 'agricultural'...it's a good question because I don't know what that means either.

Your non 'complex viewpoint' that he isn't good enough I get.
Agricultural in this context means that he is uncultured, lacking in finesse and craft.

Valencia
Nani
Young
Giggs
Kagawa

I can't really see why he would become our 4th choice winger considering those players are in front of him. Cleverley won POTS for Watford and was farmed out on loan to Wigan before he got a crack at our first team. Regardless, I don't think that Brady has the skill set to be a top level player.

The Pre-Season tour is not a good indicator of player ability either, at least as an indicator for them being good enough for Manchester United anyway. I remember Lee Martin and Chris Eagle impressing on Pre-Season tour, even Dong managed to score a couple of smart goals on one tour too.

Players that I think have a good chance of becoming first team players.

Johnstone
A Pereira
W Keane

I am not a great watcher of defenders though so I wouldn't hazard a guess. People seem to forget that Welbeck is the only true Manchester United youth product to become a first team regular in recent years, I think since Darren Fletcher.

Drainy

There are plenty of attributes that can make a player have Manchester United potential, but he has a quality left foot, in my opinion.

Also how can you say Pereira has a good chance when he hasn't played more than a handful of u-18s games? I know he looks good on some youtube vids and scores a bucket load for Belgium u-16s but calm down..

Jimy_Hills_Chin

There are plenty of attributes that can make a player have Manchester United potential, but he has a quality left foot, in my opinion.

Also how can you say Pereira has a good chance when he hasn't played more than a handful of u-18s games? I know he looks good on some youtube vids and scores a bucket load for Belgium u-16s but calm down..
Pereira to me looks to be the most gifted youth player that I have seen at United. No I do not go back to the class of 93 before you jump on me. I am willing to go out on a limb on Pereira, the kid looks like dynamite.

Drainy

You should be more patient with players you have seen a bit of and don't rate, some players develop slower than others and some just come back from the summer breaks as different players. I remember one example being Jonny Evans (who you forgot for the first team regulars, btw) who was solid enough but didn't look anywhere near Gerard Pique's quality... then one summer he came back and was as good if not better than him at that level. I think Michael Keane also had this kind of development spurt last year.

You should also wait to see how Pereira does at a higher level and how he copes with the physicality of the English game.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

You should be more patient with players you have seen a bit of and don't rate, some players develop slower than others and some just come back from the summer breaks as different players. I remember one example being Jonny Evans (who you forgot for the first team regulars, btw) who was solid enough but didn't look anywhere near Gerard Pique's quality... then one summer he came back and was as good if not better than him at that level. I think Michael Keane also had this kind of development spurt last year.

You should also wait to see how Pereira does at a higher level and how he copes with the physicality of the English game.
I always thought that Jonny Evans was a good player, that reserve team won every trophy going though Rossi for me was the star man. Regarding Pereira, I know that it is ill advised but I am throwing my hat into the ring on that one.

PS18

Pereira to me looks to be the most gifted youth player that I have seen at United. No I do not go back to the class of 93 before you jump on me. I am willing to go out on a limb on Pereira, the kid looks like dynamite.
How many games have you seen him in to make that judgement?