Brady

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I think he looks miles off challenging for a place in the first team, as fullback or as winger.

Sloppy on the ball and this "bite" people are talking about seemed to mainly involve making rash/dangerous challenges. If by some strange chance he does start a PL game any time soon I'll wager good money he won't still be on the pitch at the end of it.

Decent left foot but has a long way to go if he's ever going to make the step up.

Will Absolute

I think we can afford to give him some game time in that position yes.

I don't mind having a few 'transitional seasons' if it means getting the kids on the pitch and them developing.
Don't know. He was caught badly out of position several times.

There's also the problem that he's eventually going to kill someone, and we'll lose him to a criminal manslaughter charge.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Don't know. He was caught badly out of position several times.

There's also the problem that he's eventually going to kill someone, and we'll lose him to a criminal manslaughter charge.
:lol: he is a bit tasty in the challenge.

I think having someone like Vidic in beside him might help. Just a thought really.

I'm happy for this to be tried in home games against certain sides. Even if he is brought on for 20 minutes here and there.

It's a new position and one Fergie admits himself he hasn't quite decided upon. I do like Brady though.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
I think he looks miles off challenging for a place in the first team, as fullback or as winger.

Sloppy on the ball and this "bite" people are talking about seemed to mainly involve making rash/dangerous challenges. If by some strange chance he does start a PL game any time soon I'll wager good money he won't still be on the pitch at the end of it.

Decent left foot but has a long way to go if he's ever going to make the step up.
Indeed, he might end up backout on loan. I have no problem with being given game time here next season and making his mistakes mind.

Same goes with Davide Petrucci and Jesse Lingard.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
what people forget is that our players aren't match fit. So they won't be at their best going forward or defending. It takes games to get fit and if you're playing it gives people confidence. So I wouldn't write him off just yet.

RedThaiDevils#7

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs
Not that most of the caf are writing him off, it's just that he hasn't put in a decent shift yet so far that suggests that he should be playing LB in THIS up coming season, he's about 1-2 season + experience away from what I've seen.

I like the look on him, but so far he's been very raw but looks like a potentially good player.

Time will tell though, too early to really give out a judgement.

IrishLegend

I think we'll make a tidy profit on him when we sell him but I don't think he'll get near the first team here.

I'd rather giver Lingard, Will Keane or Petrucci game time, as they could break into the first team.

RedThaiDevils#7

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs
I think we'll make a tidy profit on him when we sell him but I don't think he'll get near the first team here.

I'd rather giver Lingard, Will Keane or Petrucci game time, as they could break into the first team.
We're talking about him for the future LB spot right here mate. Why are you talking about selling him already ?

prateik

Called up to replace Mcclean?
Great news for him. Hope he gets a run out.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
There are 'reports' that Brady will be starting for Ireland in the friendly against Oman tomorrow.

"I'm delighted that I'm in but I just don't want to come in, meet everybody, say hello and go back out. Hopefully I have come in to stay," he said. We hope so too Robbie, we hope so too.

Brady also tells McDonnell that he may well be leaving Old Trafford on loan again this season, despite featuring for the club on their pre-season tour.

"I spoke to him (Ferguson) early last month when he had me as cover and he wanted me to stay. But they've got cover at left-back now (following the arrival of Alexander Buttner), and I want to play as many games as I can so maybe another loan move would be good.

"I enjoyed the season at Hull, it was my longest without injury and I got 40-odd games which is the most I've ever played in a season and I really enjoyed it."
http://www.joe.ie/football/football...sh-team-and-he-wants-to-stay-there-0028210-1?

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
When's the deadline for him to go out on loan? Sorry if it's a silly question - it's one I tend to ask every year and I forget the answer :lol:

jb8521

Brady has been named in the starting line up for tomorrows match

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Have not been able to see it, but he's having a fantastic game apparently.

prateik

He can be pretty good on his day... Hope he gets a good loan move...

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
I think he means industrial.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
If Ashley Young can have a career at United, then surely a spot in the squad can be found for Brady eventually.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
:lol:

Aye

I never said that he isn't good enough to prevail against Oman! Just that he won't be good enough for United. He even got the winger stamp of disapproval 'lets try you at left back' in pre-season.

I know that the Irish love him but IMO he is not going to be a Man Utd first team player.

Decotron

:lol:

Aye

I never said that he isn't good enough to prevail against Oman! Just that he won't be good enough for United. He even got the winger stamp of disapproval 'lets try you at left back' in pre-season.

I know that the Irish love him but IMO he is not going to be a Man Utd first team player.
Its far too early for anyone to know that one way or the other....Look at Cleverley, theres no set time period for developement. Brady grew up a lot in the last year both on and off the pitch.

The truth about him lies somewhere in the middle. Obviously some over rate him but he has more talent than you're giving him credit for. The left back thing was a one off imo. Never a long term option for him.

Bizarrely Trap seems to like him as well. Time is very much on his side. If he went on loan for another full season he'll still only be 21 starting next season with United. He could easy be option for our squad is he continues to improve.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
Its far too early for anyone to know that one way or the other....Look at Cleverley, theres no set time period for developement. Brady grew up a lot in the last year both on and off the pitch.
At Brady's age Clev scored 11 in 33 for Watford and won their POTY award. I take your point though.

However, I am judging him on perceived 'upside' or potential, meaning on what I think his skill set says about his potential. I don't feel his upside to be great enough to be a first team player here. I used the term agricultural as it pertains to the basic. I feel that he is too basic for elite level football.

Now, one of our best players has a basic skill set but takes the absolute maximum from it, that is a rarity. There are also players like Milner who are unspectacular but who operate at the top level. I am not saying that it is impossible for him to make it, after all, one has to be aware that he is just another opinionated football fan on a forum. I would rather go out on a limb though, as opposed to throwing the 'you just never know' blanket over everything.

Decotron

At Brady's age Clev scored 11 in 33 for Watford and won their POTY award. I take your point though.

However, I am judging him on perceived 'upside' or potential, meaning on what I think his skill set says about his potential. I don't feel his upside to be great enough to be a first team player here. I used the term agricultural as it pertains to the basic. I feel that he is too basic for elite level football.

Now, one of our best players has a basic skill set but takes the absolute maximum from it, that is a rarity. There are also players like Milner who are unspectacular but who operate at the top level. I am not saying that it is impossible for him to make it, after all, one has to be aware that he is just another opinionated football fan on a forum. I would rather go out on a limb though, as opposed to throwing the 'you just never know' blanket over everything.
Thats all fair enough but there are so many other factors involved in making it at a club like United other than just ability and skillset. Brady brings many of those to the table.

jb8521

Bradys goal

His ball in for Doyles goal was an absolute peach of a free kick aswell

Sir A1ex

Love the shinge about his players not playing regularly for their clubs... this from the man who won't pick Gibson or McClean!:

Giovanni Trapattoni praises Robbie Brady after Republic winGiovanni Trapattoni praised Robbie Brady for his impressive Republic of Ireland debut as the Manchester United youngster starred in Tuesday's 4-1 friendly win over Oman.

Brady has not yet played for United's first team but hit a goal and set up two others in the Craven Cottage win.

"I think Brady played well in the first half," said Trapattoni, who withdrew the winger after an hour.

"He scored a goal also and I think he can also do better."

Trapattoni added:"He might be called up into the squad for the next match but he would not necessarily be in the team (if he isn't playing regularly).

"This is a problem we have in our team, that five or six players only usually play 30 minutes or so every week."

The Republic put in one of the worst performances of Trapattoni's reign on Friday night as they scraped a 2-1 win in Kazakhstan thanks to last-gasp goals from Robbie Keane and Kevin Doyle.

Trapattoni made 10 changes for the game in London and the result was a much more fluent performance with Doyle, Shane Long, Seamus Coleman and Brady all impressing - admittedly against a weak Oman outfit.

"The victory is important for us," Trapattoni added.

"We made a lot of changes but we played technically well. Brady was good, David Meyler played well and James McCarthy impressed me with his personality and so did Seamus Coleman."

James McClean was lively when he came off the bench just four days after launching a Twitter outburst after being left on the bench in Astana.

The Sunderland winger went close with two shots in Tuesday's game but looks likely to have to settle for another bench role in the next World Cup qualifier against Germany on 12 October.

"Probably no," Trapattoni replied when asked if McClean would start against the Germans in Dublin.

"Because I think about Aiden McGeady and others. Every manager must think about the strength of the opponents.

"I am not angry with him (about the Tweet). I never get angry with my players and I don't watch Twitter."​