Brady

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
He did play the number ten role a few times for the reserves, wouldn't mind seeing him in something similar in the diamond formation.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Its possible that the club didn't see any benefit in sending him to any of the teams who bid for him. For him to continue his development and take it to the next level he needs a club with who suits his style of play, which also has a professional environment he can thrive in and one where he is guaranteed games. Others wise he is better off training with world class players on a day-to-day basis at United.

I believe this also the case why more of our current u21s haven't gone out this year. In the last few seasons the club have admitted in several cases they got it wrong with sending players out on loan and they are being more careful with it this time around it seems.

I would rather we try him there in a league game than playing Welbeck on the left wing. His natural position.
Welbecks concentration levels, decision making and positional discipline is ahead of Bradys at the moment. Starting him there in a league game would be too much of a risk. If SAF believed he was ready for this he would have done it already imo.

Only other thing is whether SAF is holding out to January in the hope he gets a move to a PL club.
Possibly and would be for the best.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Starting for Ireland against the Faroe Islands.

G 1 Kieren Westwood
D 2 Seamus Coleman
D 4 John O'Shea
D 5 Darren O'Dea
D 18 Marc Wilson
M 6 James McCarthy
M 7 Aiden McGeady
M 8 Keith Andrews
F 10 Robbie Keane
F 13 Jonathan Walters
F 21 Robbie Brady

KiD MoYeS

He looked OK, strange that he was taken off. His corners were good, so much better than Nani's. Wasn't too far away from what would've been a lovely goal with a nice curling effort from the corner of the area. Looks to have a promising future with Ireland.

Decotron

As per the Irish Times today..........his substitution was "Bizarre".

This might sound v biased coming from me, maybe it is but Id start him ahead of McGeady. He already has so many more attributes than McGeady and brings so much more to the team.

jb8521

As per the Irish Times today..........his substitution was "Bizarre".

This might sound v biased coming from me, maybe it is but Id start him ahead of McGeady. He already has so many more attributes than McGeady and brings so much more to the team.
Mcgeady is like a technically gifted 12 year old he gets his body in the right shape to cross a ball but then doesn't have the power to actually do it and hits the first man almost every time

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
I was a bit pissed off too when he was taken off. It would have been very hard for him to do much as a winger considering we were playing a long ball game but when he did get on the ball he didn't do much wrong at all. McGeady on the other hand on the left wing was brutal every time he got on the ball but for some reason wasn't taken off, but I suppose that was hardly a surprise either.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Nick Coppack ‏@nickcoppack
#mufc have registered an additional Champions League number: Robbie Brady will wear no.37.

stubie

Pretty unlikely! Braga are no mugs.
I know Braga are no pushovers but there is no risk bringing him on for 20/30 mins if we are in a comfortable position.

The lad has the potential, he just needs the experience

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
I know Braga are no pushovers but there is no risk bringing him on for 20/30 mins if we are in a comfortable position.

The lad has the potential, he just needs the experience
I'd love to see it. Let's see, let's see...

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
We'll probably rest Carrick and Scholes. If we start Fletcher, Anderson, Cleverley and Kagawa in a diamond midfield that would only leaves Powell and maybe Giggs, so Brady as cover makes sense.

Brady has to be happy he was given the spot over Tunnicliffe and Petrucci.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
MUTV confirmed this.

KiD MoYeS

Hopefully he does well there. Do we have any indication of what position that he will play there?
He played on the wing last time out on loan and was impressive, so I see no reason why they wouldn't play him there again.

Robbie Boy

Came on for Rosenior who was playing LB; presumably Brady slotted in there. Would be a-bit of a waste of his talents if he is going to be playing there.

KM

Ecstatic with that result. We played really well and kept possession cleverly. We never let Watford get going really. Brady has looked brilliant for me these last few games, he has that something special.
Agreed, I think Brady is fast becoming a real talent. I'd like us to see him signed permanently. He'd be better than Cameron Stewart.
One of the main differences with Brady this year for me, is he's putting the ball in the box.

He didn't really do it before, so much so I often wondered if he was instructed not to?

Anyway, I think he's looked very dangerous.

Crackin' result that, on we go.
Yeah, I was thinking that, he looks relaxed and as though he's been told to just attack and do whatever he thinks needs to be done to score. Last year, obviously we didn't exactly have strength in goal poaching or aerial ability to get on the end of a cross and so he had to try and get it into the area. He's loving this system, you can tell he loves running at defenders, and that's what we need.
Some nice comment by hull city fans,

Rossa

Would Brady be a worse option than Büttner on the left back position? I know Brady would be a winger playing as a fullback, but isn't that sort of what Büttner is/seems to be doing?

KiD MoYeS

Has he been played left-back or on the wing with Hull? For me, he'll always be an attacking player, I don't think playing him left-back will do his development much good, like playing Macheda on the wing...

Brightonian

Would Brady be a worse option than Büttner on the left back position? I know Brady would be a winger playing as a fullback, but isn't that sort of what Büttner is/seems to be doing?
Hard to say really, we've barely had a glimpse at Buttner so far. Brady wasn't good at LB in preseason, but then he wasn't good at LW either, because he was a youngster getting his first ever run-out in matches where the few available senior players were barely even going through the motions.

So we haven't seen enough of either of them at full-back to say. He doesn't strike me as much of a defender, just a winger with a bit of aggression.

Ekeke

Yes. Obviously Brady would be worse because he has no experience there and didnt look anywhere near up to it in pre-season when he was given a chance. Is he playing left back on loan? I doubt it. So even when he comes back I think it'll be clear that Buttner is a far better option.

Cevno

Need to maybe get him a Premiership loan in January.

lysglimt

Scout
Why ?

He plays regularly for a top-team in the Championship - it's much better to let him be there for the season, rather thank risk him being on a bench in the Premiership

KM

The people at the hull city forum are amazed by the improvement he has shown in last year or so.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
I'd leave him where he is for the rest of the season. I'd prefer him playing every week which he is currently getting. If we move him to a premiership team there is no guarantee of this happening and he is more likely just going to spend time sitting on the bench.