Brady

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Apparently called up to the Ireland squad for the big game with Germany.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Germany 1 - 0 Ireland (Brady o.g 90')

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
:lol: It hasnt happened yet

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Ah, right-o, for some reason I was thinking he wasn't with the main national team and had played some U21 game I didn't know about.

Brady isn't even a defender, why should he get the Wes Brown treatment anyway?

You guys missed me being an idiot in the thread about websites with statistics and such, it was much worse than this!

Barely HangingonEmu

Hope he does go on loan, thought he did really well for us as a left back in pre-season and needs the experience, not sure if he'll play much at left mid though.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Off to Wolves on loan apparently. No more details than that.
Hopefully he does well on the loan spell if he does go. He still has a decent way to go before being close to the United first team (based on preseason), so hopefully a loan spell helps him improve

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Wolves has just signed Pennant. I don't think Brady will be moving to Wolves, now.

stubie

Wolves has just signed Pennant. I don't think Brady will be moving to Wolves, now.
I thought Wolves would have had more sense than signing someone who is clearly a bad apple.

Levo

Band of Brothers
It's a loan.

By the way stubie, you need to up you're game. Some newbs thought you were still down there :lol:

Joemo

whistling in the wind
According to Sky reports, we've turned down a number of Championship and Premiership clubs who want to have him on loan. Can't understand that at all personally.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Surprising decision that. He should be going to loan.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
I just heard about the championship clubs, not sure why he wouldnt be allowed to be loaned to a premiershup club.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
According to Sky reports, we've turned down a number of Championship and Premiership clubs who want to have him on loan. Can't understand that at all personally.
Interesting, if that's true then surely we have a particular club in mind and I'd suspect we're working on the details or have it sorted out already.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Good to see clubs wanting to take him on loan. At a guess it is more a case of us wanting to find the right team for him to go to where he will definitely get game time, because I can't see any reasons right now for us to keep him with us over a loan at the moment. He needs the loan move to progress.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I'm in favor of following the Cleverley formula for loaning out reserve players. Brady has spent his season on loan in the lower leagues, now he's ready for a Premier League team.

Like with Cleverley, the odds are certainly against him making the first team, but he seems to have the passion and drive required. Playing for Ireland will mean a lot more attention, has to have helped his visibility.

Forevergiggs

It's surprising that him along with a few others have not gone out on loan. The level of the U-21 league doesn't look any different from the previous reserves league. Some of these boys need to play football at a higher level to progress. I have read a couple of Brady interviews where he has expressed his desire to go out on loans. May be it will happen to a PL club in January.

Another reason could be that Brady was kept here as a left back cover. When did Buttman arrive? Wasn't it near or on the deadline day?

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Buttner arrived a week or so before the deadline from memory. At least it was latish in the window, but not near the actual deadline. So it could have been the reason, but then you can loan players out still after the transfer deadline anyway can't you?

charleysurf

By some accounts Brady is extremely self confident. He may have turned down loan deals thinking he could make a breakthrough already at United.
As I've often said, if Ashley Young is his competition at left wing, then he's got a shout. I agree he needs a loan for the moment though.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Do you think he's going to end up a winger, charley? Personally I see him as a central midfield or an attacking midfielder. Which also reminds me of Cleverley, who played a lot on the wing for the reserves and on his loan spells.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Do you think he's going to end up a winger, charley? Personally I see him as a central midfield or an attacking midfielder. Which also reminds me of Cleverley, who played a lot on the wing for the reserves and on his loan spells.
I thought he was a winger, with thoughts of making him a fall back LB option during preseason?

I don't watch any of the reserve games, so haven't watched him beyond a couple of preseason games

charleysurf

Yes, possibly. He seems like one of those all rounders who could play anywhere across midfield. I guess I'm thinking left wing as there's a clearer path for him there, although more transfers by United could change that.
I guess the new diamond formation Fergie is trying would suit Brady the way it suits Cleverley.

It's still a big ask for him to really make it at United though, obviously. Let's hope...

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Buttner arrived a week or so before the deadline from memory. At least it was latish in the window, but not near the actual deadline. So it could have been the reason, but then you can loan players out still after the transfer deadline anyway can't you?
Teams in the lower leagues can make loans up until something like the 20th of November I think. Premiership teams are allowed to make emergency loans still, but I've got a feeling that the PL loan market closes shortly.

Heffo

Fergie might want to see how he does in some cup games and then make a decision on a loan in January.

Decotron

Thats been my thoughts since day one. The left back thing wont happen and would be a waste. Still think he'll surprise a few people....great left peg on him!

MPTutd

I would rather we try him there in a league game than playing Welbeck on the left wing. His natural position.

Only other thing is whether SAF is holding out to January in the hope he gets a move to a PL club.