Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
You only get 3 slots (not half time) to make sub's
We used our three

But it's mad that the rules down allow for this during an injury
To be fair, players/clubs would take advantage if you could make subs during an injury.

Obviously in this case it's undeniable. But generally

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
You only get 3 slots (not half time) to make sub's
We used our three

But it's mad that the rules down allow for this during an injury
I'm sorry, I don't get it. Do you have to sub 2 players at half time, and the other 3 has to come before or after half time? This is the only way to use all subs?

roseguy64

I'm sorry, I don't get it. Do you have to sub 2 players at half time, and the other 3 has to come before or after half time? This is the only way to use all subs?
3 slots to make subs excluding half time. You can make all 5 at once or any other combination. But only 3 times. Half time is another slot to make a change that doesn't count in the 3.

Sylar

There's a limit on number of times you can make a sub
I think it's three slots during a running game not including half time

You can have five at once like we've done before
Or five over the three periods whilst the match is ongoing (plus half time counts as a 4th but the match isn't on going)...

Yeah

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth

Or five over the three periods whilst the match is ongoing (plus half time counts as a 4th but the match isn't on going)...

Yeah
Huh. Is it to avoid time-wasting or some such? Seems like a lot of trouble for a pretty simple rule change.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands

Yeah
You are on the money there - I have explained it earlier but everyone seems to be in full on nonsense mode tonight so I will leave it there.

Havak

Pokemon master
Any news on his injury? How long do concussions take for recovery?
It could be up to two weeks, but unsure if there is any sign of concussion. One of the main issues is that the cut must be quite deep and will require stitching. There is no way he will be allowed to play until the cut has healed enough and he will have to wear something protective over it. Even heading the ball, never mind another collision, would probably have a high probability of opening the cut again. If there's no concussion then maybe he could be in the squad for Chelsea if he passes checks.

As it stands, I fully expect Williams and Shaw to miss Palace & Chelsea, but I would not be surprised if both could be fit for West Ham. Here's hoping.

Roux

Any news on his injury? How long do concussions take for recovery?
He should be fine for Thursday. Drove himself to training this morning, no concussion just a cut that required stitches. Luke Shaw also drove to training - so can't be too bad either.

eire-red

He's a proper fighter this lad, you can see it in his eyes when he's on the pitch. He's 100% at it all the time. Great mentality, and a good defender too. Time and experience will improve him tactically, but he has all the tools to be a quality player for us going forward.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Ole said it was just a nasty cut above his eye. He should be fine for CP.
He should be fine for Thursday. Drove himself to training this morning, no concussion just a cut that required stitches. Luke Shaw also drove to training - so can't be too bad either.

That's pleasing news. Really did look in distress must have bloody hurt!

Still not sure you'd want to be playing a defender with a head injury though.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I know it's weird by I liked how he kept his head down throught the injury incident. Like he didn't want to show anyone he bleeds

Sea-Cow

I liked how in his few minutes on the pitch he absolutely flew into every possible challenge. And he won them all too! He must be a nightmare to play against in training. I imagine they have to tell him, "look lad, its just training so please stop smashing your teammates."

Hope he is ok.

King Andow

Didn't put a foot wrong and that header that he won was Vidic style. Love this guy and looking forward to his next start.

criticalanalysis

I know it's weird by I liked how he kept his head down throught the injury incident. Like he didn't want to show anyone he bleeds
I don't think he was worried about that but because he was in so much fecking pain he seemd to internalising it and directing it at/crouching towards the pitch. Doesn't mean anything of course but yeah I'd agree it's an indicator of his mentality. He was trying to 'power' through it.

Lad has some of it. Can't be easy coming in on games last 10-20mins.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Think it's just a bad cut to the side of the eye. Not a great place to try and bandage up and would open up again quite easily I would imagine
Not familiar with the healing process - enough time for Wednesday?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I actually got a similar cut playing a match I shouldnt have the night before my sisters wedding. I would say he'll be OK by then but will be hoping he doesn't get another crack on it
Cheers (interesting anecdote!). Sounds OK. He'll probably be told to chill a bit in training. We desperately need him for the last two league games.

Proper shiner that. Can't see him playing for another week, it could open up again and he'll probably be worried about heading the ball.

I think he's definitely got something about him as a player though. Hes got so much desire on the pitch.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I don't understand how can the injury look worse than it did on Tuesday?

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I don't understand how can the injury look worse than it did on Tuesday?
Bruising takes days to fully come in.

I once had someone stamp on my thigh after a slide tackle and after the first day or two all it showed was red lines from where the studs cut up my leg. By the next week though my entire upper leg was a mixture of yellow, brown and purple and looked a total mess.

Man Utd 1:3 Chelsea

El Jefe

He's terrible. A player that's all work rate and passion but zero ability.

I fail to see what he offers us on the left. Can't defend, can't attack, can't pass. He alone made us completely useless down the left side.

Get rid and buy a proper LB because if he's the backup we're fecked.

dove

100% following the path of Cameron Borthwick-Jackson. Will definitely struggle to find a club in a few years.

I like him as a backup on both sides but today is the worst game I've see him play by a mile. Obviously a horrendous pass for the second goal and failed to track his runner every single time. Praying Shaw is fit on Wednesday, hope people finally see why he's so important for us

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
He’s been solid all season, one bad game doesn’t mean he’s lost all his promise.

Didn’t look ready to play today, in hindsight TFM should have played as he didn’t put a foot last vame

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Really poor today. I'm not sure he managed to find a red shirt with any of his passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.