Brandon Williams image 33

Brandon Williams England flag

2021-22 Performances

View full 2021-22 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

united for life

I watched Norwich a few times this season and Williams offers nothing much in attacking outlet. They used Aarons more for attack than Williams if we compare both full backs. When Williams tends to have the ball, you often see him play the ball backward. Even when he managed to carry the ball near the corner area, he won't cross it with his left foot but instead pass the ball backward, basically the ball never progress on his side. Could it be a manager/coach instruction? Good assist though.
haven’t seen much of their games; how is he defending? The good thing about him is that he can play as an RB also. If he has developed his basic defending skills, he’s enough to walk into the team as the 2 other options have no clue how to defend.

He’s also the emotional type of player. Unlike poker face awb

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
haven’t seen much of their games; how is he defending? The good thing about him is that he can play as an RB also. If he has developed his basic defending skills, he’s enough to walk into the team as the 2 other options have no clue how to defend.

He’s also the emotional type of player. Unlike poker face awb
If anything he's starting because of his defending than his attacking. He offers almost zero in attack. Basically, he's getting better in defense but I see him nothing in attack at Norwich. Playing too many safe passes/options.

Bondi77

I haven’t been watching him
Has he improved and is he good enough to play Premier League?

Patchbeard

Whenever I've seen him he's been playing LB and he slows the attacks down by cutting inside and playing an easy pass rather than providing any width. Think he would be better at RB but Norwich have Max Aaron's already. But he does look a bit stronger, and perhaps taller than when he broke through here, so he can hold his own physically in most defensive situations.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
In Norwich’s match against Everton, it was Brandon who created their second (and winning) goal - the one that ultimately cost the Spanish waiter his job.

Brandon forced an interception on the edge of his own box, carried it down the wing into the final 3rd and then played a killer pass taking out 3 Everton defenders and Idah put the finish on it. Very impressive play from BW. Well worth a look if anyone actually gives a crap. Shows exactly what he is capable of, just remains to be seen if he can do it consistently.

NoPace

Playing well today in a game where there's only defending to do. His usual high energy and calm in possession in his own area.

I think he might have been a Rangnick favorite. Wonder if he'll be back next year with one of Shaw and Wan-Bissaka gone and maybe one new fullback signing.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
He's on a good run. This is what you hope they get from a loan. Looks really focused and calm tonight. Fair play.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
It’s nice to see one of our loans actually paying off, it’s great experience for him and I still have hope he has a chance at Utd

marktan

Defensively getting better and stronger all the time, which will guarantee a good career in the game.

Really do need to be getting him to a team where can play RB next season though. He's good on the ball but needs to play somewhere where he can get to the byline, cross more and join the build up play more.

Red Royal

Watched him today, and whilst he was ok, he wont make it at United. Sell him in the summer whilst his stock is at this level

Polar

I don’t exclude BW could have a future in United and be among top-10 backs in the league. He is only 21y and already have a lot of experience from playing on the highest level, despite his lack of physical robustness.

He has the potential to replace Shaw. It’s all up to himself. His mental strength and hunger or ambition are probably the decisive factors.

Gandalf

Dean Smith seems to like him a lot and so I would imagine if Norwich do beat the drop there is a good chance they ask about a permanent deal. I would probably take it and do what Chelsea do and stick in a buy back clause if he does kick on. He is doing well there but I still think he is more likely to end up barely playing if we bring him back.

KennyBurner

He’s got that dawg in him. He just needs games which is the purpose of the loan. He is better than yelled right now.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Good player but not United good. Great to see him doing well though.

Based Adnan

There's a player but the question will be whether he's good enough for United

I think he'll have a long career in the Prem at the very least

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
any possibility he comes back and makes a claim to one of the full back positions? The 4 we currently have are average anyways
He’s average too, though isn’t he? He could be a decent squad player but I think you need to get into the habit of selling players on. If you sold him you’d have a decent amount to upgrade with.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He’s a right fullback and we played him mostly on the left, plus he’s still young: I won’t write him off just yet.
He's a left-back.
My understanding is that he was a rightback when he was younger, but had to move over to the left when Laird came along and was simply better. I wonder which side he'd actually be better at if he were given a run on the right now.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
My understanding is that he was a rightback when he was younger, but had to move over to the left when Laird came along and was simply better. I wonder which side he'd actually be better at if he were given a run on the right now.
Your understanding would be wrong then. Laird came along when he was 8 years old, so unless you put all your worth into what position Williams played at 7 years old (an age group which doesn't play 11 aside so there are no fullbacks anyway) then Williams has at no point ever been a RB.

He's better at LB and has said he prefers LB.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Your understanding would be wrong then. Laird came along when he was 8 years old, so unless you put all your worth into what position Williams played at 7 years old (an age group which doesn't play 11 aside so there are no fullbacks anyway) then Williams has at no point ever been a RB.

He's better at LB and has said he prefers LB.
Laird is a year younger so they wouldn't have been in the same squad until they started getting into the teenage years, which is about when I thought he made that transition.

Looking into it, I see the Laird thing in a number of places although they aren't exactly top reliable sauces so it could be bullshit. Either way, Williams himself has said he was playing both sides until Kieran McKenna was his manager and settled him on the left when he was a first year scholar. I'm not sure if that's the same time Laird would have started being in the same squad or not.

Roboc7

He’s sort of player Liverpool would cash in on after a good loan spell and invest money in first team. Sort of player we bring back, never play, give a bigger contract to and then spend years not knowing what to do with before selling for a small fee.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He’s sort of player Liverpool would cash in on after a good loan spell and invest money in first team. Sort of player we bring back, never play, give a bigger contract to and then spend years not knowing what to do with before selling for a small fee.
In a nutshell, yes.
And ,like Liverpool, we need to find our own Bournemouth.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Was at the Wolves game today and Williams was decent. Wolves got a 1 or 2 crosses in on his side, but every cross under pressure and not one went to a Wolves player. Handled the game well too, slowed it down at the right times. Booked for timewasting.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Bingo. This is our plan for him. Be a really highly paid squad player until he gets sick of it and leaves on a low low fee. Now is the time to sell while he’s winning admirers. He’s got potential to be a good player but he’s not going to get the minutes to develop here and he’s not good enough to start every week for us.

NoPace

What's the point of a left back with no left foot for a top team?
In theory he could tuck in central more like Cancelo and other Pep fullbacks do, with a winger high and wide up on the left, maybe even a left-footer. Like let's say Everton do brilliantly but this summer have to sell Richarlison and they buy, VDB, Dwight Mcneil and Brandon Williams.

---------------Calvert-Lewin--------------
Mcneil----------------------------Gray
-----------DeleAlli-----VDB----------------------
-----Williams----Allan----------------Patterson
-------------Mina----------Godfrey--------

is what it might look like in practice. Or you even have both FBs tuck in and Gray wider. Spread the pitch high up so the #8s have space to make runs and the FBs tuck in to help with counters and have more numbers centrally to keep possession there.

Chief123

Williams is an average player who’ll have a Phil Nevilleesque career. Really should just sell him and let him fly.

Patchbeard

Remember Irwin and Lahm?
Cancelo. Arguably the best left back in the league right now.
Those guys had/have a very strong left foot though and weren't afraid to use it. Williams is like Dirk Kuyt when he played LWB for Holland under LvG, he might have a left foot but you never, ever, see him use it!

He has improved considerably lately though so credit where credit is due. He's certainly not far off the level of our other full backs now and with time to improve, it's just not really the level we should be aspiring to!

Bondi77

Williams is an average player who’ll have a Phil Nevilleesque career. Really should just sell him and let him fly.
Do your research on Phil Neville mate as most professional players would take his medal tally and international caps in a heartbeat.

Redlyn

I thought by now he'd have outgrown that hair. But no.

Status
Not open for further replies.