Brandon Williams image 33

Brandon Williams England flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

IrishRedDevil

United have a one year option so they will extend that to 2025 as his wages are rumoured to be £60k per week, they can trigger the extension then sell him for £7-8m as he’s another academy product who will represent 100% profit.
Will accept a fiver.

Onerealunited

Williams is injured. He has been with United last few weeks being treated at the club. It was previously announced that he'd go back to Ipswich Town once his treatment is over.

His contract ends this summer but we have an option to extend it with one year. Ipswich Town has a buy option on him but I would be surprized if they trigger that as he hasn't played much for them and to my understanding not been that well performing in the games he has played.

With his reportedly 60k / week wage it would be a stupid business to extend his contract and expect someone to bid for him. We tried to sell him last summer and no one showed interest. Now he is a year older and has not performed at his best in Championship. The chances of getting a decent fee or maybe any fee are significantly low. The best outcome for all involved might be to thank him for all his services and let him leave on a free...

Reactions: Rood

DavelinaJolie

No one is paying £7-8m on Williams whilst he's on £60k a week and one year on his deal.

Best for both parties to let him run down the contract and let him go for free.
Yes. In fact I recall Whitwell said as much regarding the difference between his wages and the means of interested clubs.

Utd moved too quickly to give him a bigger contract based on that season he covered for Shaw, and as a result have had to loan him out each season because he's probably Championship calibre but Championship clubs can't afford him.

dutchred

Antony's petulance could be a problem but I understand what you're saying.
The problem with this is Rashford. He never tracks back. You need someone line Garnacho playing left wing. But Garnacho has has built a good relationship with Dalot so i wouldnt change that. Murray from the under 21 is probably the best bet if we dont risk Amass