Brands: JLINGZ, JJO, Fierce, AM9, JM8, Paul Pogba Collection

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Has there ever been a clothing brand owned by a footballer that ends up successful? looking back, from this list I thought only Zlatan had a chance but even his brand failed. Saw this about a year ago
It seems like one of them type of businesses where you have no chance unless if you're among the first to become popular. The marketing cost is too high to rival well known brands that have been there for ages and used not only as clothing but also for status.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Apparently Lingard has started a new football team called Jlingz FC, based in South Manchester Area.

Pickle85

Apparently Lingard has started a new football team called Jlingz FC, based in South Manchester Area.
I want to be nice but there's something about the 'JLingz' thing that just makes me want to commit murder.

RedDevil@84

I want to be nice but there's something about the 'JLingz' thing that just makes me want to commit murder.
So you are like the MCU Winter Soldier and someone says JLingz a few times and you become an assassin :D

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
If you want to murder someone because they're playing for JlingZ FC you got issues mate. Very weird wording
It's also very weird to try and start a fight with someone who was clearly exaggerating their point for dramatic effect, but hey ho.

Andersonson

It's also very weird to try and start a fight with someone who was clearly exaggerating their point for dramatic effect, but hey ho.
Meh, didnt find it funny. Because a player you dont like does something cringe you gotta use the word murder? Immature as feck in my world

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Meh, didnt find it funny. Because a player you dont like does something cringe you gotta use the word murder? Immature as feck in my world
Says the fella who said we need to bring back Greenwood because we need goals. Cool.

Pickle85

Cheer up pal...if it sets your mind at rest, I won't really be committing any murders. But am quite gutted I'm immature in your world (which I presume is the same as mine?)
So you are like the MCU Winter Soldier and someone says JLingz a few times and you become an assassin :D
:lol:
I'm glad the 'for dramatic effect' piece did come across, thanks! No calls to Scotland Yard needed! :D

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Is it a coincidence that all of the brands in the title barring one are associated with footballers who's on pitch career has become a complete and utter shambles (even by Man Utd player standards)?

Well, two in fairness. Didn't count Mata initially.

BristolMick

Is it a coincidence that all of the brands in the title barring one are associated with footballers who's on pitch career has become a complete and utter shambles (even by Man Utd player standards)?

Well, two in fairness. Didn't count Mata initially.
I wonder if it was Paul Pogbas influence as I swear alot of these brands popped up around his return to the club and he had his own twitter emoticon or something too at the time.

Not sure if its a brand per se but I believe De Gea started his own esports team which still exists today too. Not sure if they're any good or not as I don't really follow esports but I do see it pop up on his Instagram at times.

Can't say I'm surprised at the clothing brands failing. I don't know of any adults interested in clothing from a footballer and kids I presume would prefer clothing related to the team they support than a random bang average footballer.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I wonder if it was Paul Pogbas influence as I swear alot of these brands popped up around his return to the club and he had his own twitter emoticon or something too at the time.

Not sure if its a brand per se but I believe De Gea started his own esports team which still exists today too. Not sure if they're any good or not as I don't really follow esports but I do see it pop up on his Instagram at times.

Can't say I'm surprised at the clothing brands failing. I don't know of any adults interested in clothing from a footballer and kids I presume would prefer clothing related to the team they support than a random bang average footballer.
It doesn't help when the brand is associated with a player who goes from being at Man Utd to not being good enough to have a club, or literally being banned from football.

Just remembered Zlatan also had his own brand and it didn't seem to affect his application on the pitch, but it does seem to mostly be players who are more interested in their image than their performance.

Wouldn't be surprised if Pogba as a big influence but either way its just players echoing the way the club was run under Woodward. On pitch performance secondary to money, and a basic and baffling lack of understanding that the two are actually linked.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I always feel these "brands" are designed for a quick get in and collect tons of cash quick, and get out before they actually have to think about running something long term. Much of that money is probably not even made by the players themselves but rather the leeches and parasites that hover in their vicinity.

Andy_Cole

I always feel these "brands" are designed for a quick get in and collect tons of cash quick, and get out before they actually have to think about running something long term. Much of that money is probably not even made by the players themselves but rather the leeches and parasites that hover in their vicinity.
People want to be the next Beckham. Thing is, Beckham really loved football. I’m not sure how much the Beckham brand affected him, it probably made United sell him. But I think Ferguson was wrong with this one and in fact Becks always was committed to the game.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Remember the absolute crazed defenders of Pogba on here. Bloke is the biggest tool going.

Stadjer

I think so too. Its an influencer thing too. Buy a cheap and low quality tshirt from China and slap a, in this example, Jlingz logo on it and resell it with a major profit.

Lingard will receice money for allowing people to use his name and brand and the leeches and parasites will take the rest of the profit.

tomaldinho1

People want to be the next Beckham. Thing is, Beckham really loved football. I’m not sure how much the Beckham brand affected him, it probably made United sell him. But I think Ferguson was wrong with this one and in fact Becks always was committed to the game.
Beckham was also consistently amongst the best in his position in the world, he clearly put football first in his prime. That's what all these other players have misunderstood if they do want to emulate him, Beckham wasn't just some good looking guy who played for a big club for a bit and monetized that, he was a top footballer for the majority of a very long career.

Tarrou

I think so too. Its an influencer thing too. Buy a cheap and low quality tshirt from China and slap a, in this example, Jlingz logo on it and resell it with a major profit.

Lingard will receice money for allowing people to use his name and brand and the leeches and parasites will take the rest of the profit.
I seriously doubt Jessie Lingard's brand made any profit