g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Brazil vs Colombia, Fixed?

Do you think there was indeed something fishy going on during this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Becknaldolencia

Never in my life I've seen so many people suggesting that a match is fixed after that Chelsea vs Barca game maybe.

So, just for fun.

I've decided to add a poll to see what you people think of this game.

Note: Multiple responses are allowed. The poll is up for 3 days. Votes will be displayed publicly.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
No, the ref was just shit.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Nope, just a ref who was intimidated by the expectation on Brazil and the home advantage of a big team, as often happens in numerous situations.

gaucho_10

Feels like the refs are letting more 'harder' plays go in this tournament, so that it doesn't look weird when they let Brasil play like that. Since they need to play like that.

This ref gives 7 yellow cards in average in la liga. There were more then 50 fouls tonight. Brazil was the better team for the most part, but the ref killed the game early.

Steven Seagull

Referee was weak. Started off letting things flow nicely. That's great for the niggly fouls and defensive diving but when you're allowed to cynically stop attacks without reprimand it spoils the game.

Rodriguez got kicked off the park and his first challenge gets a booking. Shoulder to shoulder challenges result in Brazil free kick because of the crowd. And to top it all off the keeper should've walked.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
No fixing, just a few butthurts getting shitty that their brand new "I have always loved..../I had a sneaky feeling about...." team not turning up.

Supports
Barcelona
huh?

he's Spanish. they whistle everything, the fecking bellends.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
31 fouls. 2 bookings. That's quite a ratio. I think Paulinho and Fernandinho make up half of those fouls alone.

Bottling it under home advantage, and not the first time it's happened in Brazil's favour.

beergod

The lack of yellow cards was disturbing. If this same referee was officiating a CL or Spanish match there would've been a dozen.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The refs have constantly been on Brazil's side but it isn't fixed, they're just getting home advantage and the refs crumbling under the pressure of the fans and giving them all the decisions.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
If it was fixed why would he put it in jeopardy by giving a late pen and late freekicks to Colombia at 2-0? Was just a poor ref.

Howard Webb is the best one.

Gs Forever

A shit ref is not equal to matchfixing FFS
I agree.At first I thought It was fixed but ı just went outside and had a walk for 5 minutes and yeh it was probably just shit refereeing

gofelx

Supports
Hamburgers
This game had 52 fouls and set a new record with that. How many yellow cards were given, 2?

Revan

Assumptionman
He's the best ref on the planet...which is why he got the World Cup final last time.
And then made one of the most pathetic refereeing I have ever seen. Despite that he got a record cards for a game in World Cup, he never had the game in any control and missed at-least 2 red cards.

If by world, you mean England, then yes, you're right. Otherwise your wrong, he is one of the worst European referees who officiate matches in big tournamets. Proenca and Kjuipers are miles better than him. As it is Rizzoli.

pk05

Missed the first half,i don't think the match was fixed.The thing was that the referee kept on blowing his fecking whistle for every dive and silly fouls that disrupted the flow of play,it became.tedious to.watch coz of the stupid referee,he was buying everything out there.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
Just a shit referee, people talking too much about Brazil and the referees, I don't see anything like South Korea in 2002 at this World Cup.

Thisistheone

Not fixed but the favouring towards Brazil all tournament has been blatant. Fernandinho actually played the 90 minutes without a booking. Incredible.

Offside

And then made one of the most pathetic refereeing I have ever seen. Despite that he got a record cards for a game in World Cup, he never had the game in any control and missed at-least 2 red cards.

If by world, you mean England, then yes, you're right. Otherwise your wrong, he is one of the worst European referees who officiate matches in big tournamets. Proenca and Kjuipers are miles better than him. As it is Rizzoli.
You seem to know more about it than me so I can't argue. But, there is a reason FIFA game him the final.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Yep, definitely a fix! That's why Thiago Silva got booked and out of the semis :houllier:

Revan

Assumptionman
You seem to know more about it than me so I can't argue. But, there is a reason FIFA game him the final.
And he completely bottled it. This is like saying Moyes is the best manager in the world because United gave him the job.

Giving 13 yellow cards and a red card but still not ever having the match under control was beyond ridiculous.

Starryknight

The officials wern't even that bad, they got the big decisions right.

Ref should have set a standard early on in the game by giving out a couple yellows, which was a mistake.

Everyone is rightly complaining about the Fernandinho fouls on golden boy James, but what about the Zuniga studs up challenge on Hulk and the knee in the back on Neymar?

Offside

And he completely bottled it. This is like saying Moyes is the best manager in the world because United gave him the job.

Giving 13 yellow cards and a red card but still not ever having the match under control was beyond ridiculous.
How did he bottle it? It was a dirty game and what else could he do? Infact, his prevention of giving an early red card which was possible with the horror tackles meant that the game was ruined early on.

Can't judge anyone on that game, I'm sure many refs would have done much worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.