Brazil vs Croatia - the opening game - predictions

ottosec

I think Croatia will burst Brazil's bubble. They will get at least a draw,imo.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
It's a shame that Mandzukic will miss the match, I could've seen them winning it with him, but without their main striker? Don't think so
Still, Croatian midfield :drool::drool:

NMF

Do Croatia play with a natural defensive midfielder? But I can see Croatia making it tough. 1-1

Fenomeno9

Croatia is a good team and I foresee them giving us trouble but they can just as easily be intimidate by the crowd. Playing in South America is different whether it's Brazil or elsewhere. You can be distracted by on and off the field conditions. A lot of teams are in for a rude awakening.

mic.m

likes to be nude when popping out baked brownies
Brazil win comfortably. I expect the ref to award every 50/50 in their favour. I also expect them get dodgy decisions throughout the tournament like South Korea in 2002.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I think brazil will succumb to the pressure, There have been many instances where teams really collapse under pressure at home. I dont think brazil are any good any way. They are quite a shadow of the flair and creative sides of old and are more workman like. You always had a brazillian near the best player in the world status, now i wouldnt place any one of them in the top 5 players. I do think they will make out of the group as its a piss easy one, after that it will be a struggle.
Did you watch the confeds cup?

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
The bitterness towards Brazil on this forum is beyond hilarious. All because they don't have Ronaldinho and Ronaldo doing 1000 stepovers for them. Childhood nostalgia is nothing to play with it seems.

Brazil will destroy Croatia pretty easily.

MarcRed96

1-0 Brazil, Neymar to score around the 70th minute mark after a tight and frustrating game.

Mali_Zeus

The bitterness towards Brazil on this forum is beyond hilarious. All because they don't have Ronaldinho and Ronaldo doing 1000 stepovers for them. Childhood nostalgia is nothing to play with it seems.

Brazil will destroy Croatia pretty easily.
Yeah cause Croatia is a nothing team right?

I hope Brasilians will have the same attitude and it will be their underdoing..
Croatia is a good team and I foresee them giving us trouble but they can just as easily be intimidate by the crowd. Playing in South America is different whether it's Brazil or elsewhere. You can be distracted by on and off the field conditions. A lot of teams are in for a rude awakening.
This team played in Belgrade and draw 1-1, I dont see them intimidated, especially given the fact there'll be 5000 of our fans. And I dont expect many true Brasil fans in the stands, most of them will be from 'see and be seen brigade'. Maybe I'm wrong but crowd wont be an issue especially with Niko in charge. :)

I dont know why but I'm an optimist and everybody think I'm crazy. I can see ous nicking a point somehow, we must survive 1st 15, 20 minutes cause BRasil will go gung ho in attack, after that they'll start to get nervous and in the 2nd half if we score some stupid goal everything is possible.
If anything we wont go without a fight even if we loose.
In typical fashion for teams from this areas its possible we'll draw vs Brasil and than loose vs Cameroon and Mexico. :D

Kubalionzzale

Yeah cause Croatia is a nothing team right?

I hope Brasilians will have the same attitude and it will be their underdoing..

This team played in Belgrade and draw 1-1, I dont see them intimidated, especially given the fact there'll be 5000 of our fans. And I dont expect many true Brasil fans in the stands, most of them will be from 'see and be seen brigade'. Maybe I'm wrong but crowd wont be an issue especially with Niko in charge. :)

I dont know why but I'm an optimist and everybody think I'm crazy. I can see ous nicking a point somehow, we must survive 1st 15, 20 minutes cause BRasil will go gung ho in attack, after that they'll start to get nervous and in the 2nd half if we score some stupid goal everything is possible.
If anything we wont go without a fight even if we loose.
In typical fashion for teams from this areas its possible we'll draw vs Brasil and than loose vs Cameroon and Mexico. :D
We'll win vs Brasil 2-1 and lose against Cameroon and Mexico 1-0 both, happens every time :D
btw Croatia is great and Brasil is overrated and I think we have a chance

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Brasil may have home advantage, but I don't know about this team. I mean, a team that has Fred and Hulk up front wouldn't fill me with confidence if I were Brazilian. If they can shut down Neymar, because everything will go through him, Croatia may stand a chance.

Fenomeno9

Nervous and panic if we don't so in the first 20? Not with Scolari in charge.

sammyvine

This has to be the worst brazillian world cup team

its very average bar Neymar and Dani Alves

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
This has to be the worst brazillian world cup team

its very average bar Neymar and Dani Alves
They're best players are the defensive players and then Neymar going forward. Hulk is nothing special, Fred isn't very good either though he does seem to score a decent amount for the national team. A lot of 'solid' players with only Neymer being really good, but even he's on the back of just a decent season while he is adapting to Europe.

Mali_Zeus

In any case I know I'll get drunk weather we win or loose or draw. :D

It would be better not to loose.

Preparations will start about 2 or 3 hours before the game.

margarito86

I think brazil will succumb to the pressure, There have been many instances where teams really collapse under pressure at home. I dont think brazil are any good any way. They are quite a shadow of the flair and creative sides of old and are more workman like. You always had a brazillian near the best player in the world status, now i wouldnt place any one of them in the top 5 players. I do think they will make out of the group as its a piss easy one, after that it will be a struggle.
There was actually plenty of pressure during the confed cup. They did fine.

I actually think this brazil team might be better than the confed cup team.

Glanville95

Unconvincing 1-0 win for Brazil. I think they will improve as their tournament progresses, but Croatia are a decent opponent.

Sid84

1-0 brazil, get used to that scoreline this summer. They have a superb defence but not amazing going forward

Revan

Assumptionman
Croatia always delivers against the biggies. So it wouldn't surprise me at all if they get a point (or even a win) there.

Stocar

:lol:

I guess you didn't see our 1990 team. This is a better 23 then both the 1994 and 2002 team.
I would agree for 1990, that team was painfully average by Brazil standards.

1994 team also had more 'industrial' players, with Romario by far the biggest star, like Neymar today.

But I would say that Rai, Leonardo and Zinho were class above today's creative options. And no attacker from this team besides Neymar is even close to Bebeto in terms of skill and quality.

Luiz Gustavo , Paulinho and Ramires are also no match to Dunga and Mauro Silva.

And the main thing is that Brazil still had identity - they imposed themselves, were technically superior and dominated the pitch. These days, it's Spain team doing it.

JulesWinnfield

West Brom Fan
3-0 Brazil, they'll breeze through the group extremely comfortably building a lot of hype, before being knocked out by Spain or Holland when they come up against them in the last 15.

RedRedWineOT

Brazil may be over hyped. I expect a cagey game with Brazil winning it 2-1 with two second half goals.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
This will happen, Even if it doesnt and a 50-50 call goes brazil's way that helps them it will be called cheating. Referees will be under so much pressure, brazil will be in so much pressure, its going to be very tense. I hope it doesnt simply kill the buzz.

Right now there are no teams that will play with complete flair and creativity. Brazil are workmen like, argentina i dont expect much from they will be on enemy territory, england are boring. Dutch havent got the players this time, russia have capello as their coach and we all know what that means. Columbia might be a good watch, i expect spain to bore me to sleep. Not a lot of exciting teams like germany 2006 or france 98/2002
Nostradamus has got it all figured out. Home crowd, opening game, your countrymen cheering you on, its the perfect recipe for an epic game. I'll call it s 3-1 Brazil. They may be a young team with no players in the World's top 5 but nothing beats home pride.

Malva

i'm very excited to see croatia play. kovacic is the most talented teenager around, and if he gets on the right foot, with that strong midfield, decent defence, and decent options at attack, this opener can be riveting. I think brazil will edge it due to all the boosting factors of the home cup advantage, but at the same time croatia can be very very dangerous.

mata10

Nostradamus has got it all figured out. Home crowd, opening game, your countrymen cheering you on, its the perfect recipe for an epic game. I'll call it s 3-1 Brazil. They may be a young team with no players in the World's top 5 but nothing beats home pride.