Break-in robbery at Lindelöf's house during Brentford game - Wife and kids at home

Barnslig

The clubs should foot it, for every player (and maybe coach/suit/whatever) with the travelling squad, so it'll add up but of course they could afford it no problem.

I agree the players could do it themselves too, and probably should.
But why? Why even pay the players hundreds of thousands a week, if clubs are just gonna foot everything for them, anyway?

Mullet_Man

This must be some organised group doing these break-ins, hopefully these houses have some good CCTV cameras at least that can identify these twats?

I would bet the same group that hit Concelos house also did Lindelofs.

I remember Reece James had a break in recently, had his Champions League medal stolen if I remember correctly. So it's not just Manchester this happens but it does seem like the Manchester players are being seen as easy hits?

Oh Ah Cantona

Terrible thing to happen to anyone no matter how rich or poor you are but seems to me very illogical that people think its 100% clubs responsibility to solve this reoccurring issue.

Imagine if you were paid in any job 30K a year living a normal life. Then you got a pay rise and were earning 200K a week. You're life changes and you can afford to buy anything you wanted.
Would you then complain to your boss that now you had so much money, sports cars, a mansion etc, you were now at higher risk of theft, so you felt it was your bosses fault for paying you so much money, so you expect your boss / employer to solve the situation?

Or if I won the lottery, say I win 10 million pound I buy 3 sports cars, loads of jewellery and a mansion. Its up to me to then purchase the correct level of security according to my assets.
Increase in valuable assets = increase in required level of insurance, protection / security.

I cant complain to the lottery company and force them to protect me, because I have chosen to spend the money I have won on items that are attractive for thieves to rob from me.

If anyone earns what premiership footballers earn it would be quite a simple process to reduce the risks of this happening to them. I cannot understand why this issue has not been resolved already. Its certainly not due to lack of finances. If I earnt that much money, with a wife and children at home I would certainly want to know they were safe while I was working away and would make sure i found the best solution possible to reduce any risks.

The clubs could deal with this collectively and organise a scheme that all the players can subscribe to and pay a fee for, if they wish, which would be a tiny percentage of their wage.
Get a security assessment done on each of their homes. Then have the best technology fitted for starters, then a team of security staff/ dogs looking after certain areas where footballers live.
Would probably make sense for one company to over look after a number of players or a whole club then the individual security teams could communicate with each other better and analyse the data and risk levels more efficiently.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Terrible thing to happen to anyone no matter how rich or poor you are but seems to me very illogical that people think its 100% clubs responsibility to solve this reoccurring issue.

Imagine if you were paid in any job 30K a year living a normal life. Then you got a pay rise and were earning 200K a week. You're life changes and you can afford to buy anything you wanted.
Would you then complain to your boss that now you had so much money, sports cars, a mansion etc, you were now at higher risk of theft, so you felt it was your bosses fault for paying you so much money, so you expect your boss / employer to solve the situation?

Or if I won the lottery, say I win 10 million pound I buy 3 sports cars, loads of jewellery and a mansion. Its up to me to then purchase the correct level of security according to my assets.
Increase in valuable assets = increase in required level of insurance, protection / security.

I cant complain to the lottery company and force them to protect me, because I have chosen to spend the money I have won on items that are attractive for thieves to rob from me.

If anyone earns what premiership footballers earn it would be quite a simple process to reduce the risks of this happening to them. I cannot understand why this issue has not been resolved already. Its certainly not due to lack of finances. If I earnt that much money, with a wife and children at home I would certainly want to know they were safe while I was working away and would make sure i found the best solution possible to reduce any risks.

The clubs could deal with this collectively and organise a scheme that all the players can subscribe to and pay a fee for, if they wish, which would be a tiny percentage of their wage.
Get a security assessment done on each of their homes. Then have the best technology fitted for starters, then a team of security staff/ dogs looking after certain areas where footballers live.
Would probably make sense for one company to over look after a number of players or a whole club then the individual security teams could communicate with each other better and analyse the data and risk levels more efficiently.
The club has a duty of care to really make sure the players are fully aware of the dangers. Overseas players coming in may have no clue about these burglaries and some might players may have their head in the sand etc...

It's in the clubs interests, given they want the players to be safe. They should due diligence a few options for the players.

It's so scummy, but has been happening for years so is unlikely to go away. I'd have loved to see whoever burgled my flat a couple of years ago have one or both of their hands cut off, as an aside.

ForeverRed1

The thought of a young mum with her terrified children locking themselves in a bedroom while god knows who is in the house is so scary. It’s horrible but it’s the world we live in.

going to have to get better security, more locks, camera the place up like crazy, put panic buttons all over the place and get a few guard dogs on the premises.

::sonny::

Private security for every player during games is the only option. It'll be a hefty bill but top clubs are good for it I'm sure. This will keep on happening.
Yeah, they are easy target like a cash machine, incredible that a millionaire player have no security or defence

I lived in London, Manchester, Liverpool and Skegness (East Midlands).

I lived in houses where anybody could come in quite easily if they wanted,

Sometimes I had fear, I know a bit how you can feel

Jacob

Time for gated communities like in South Africa.

A couple of security guards at the gate to cover all houses.

Build the wall!

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
But why? Why even pay the players hundreds of thousands a week, if clubs are just gonna foot everything for them, anyway?
Because it would be nice of them :angel: . Deducting the money from player's wages at source would be fine by me but I think the clubs owe a duty of care to the players and their families who are getting rinsed.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I remember Reece James had a break in recently, had his Champions League medal stolen if I remember correctly. So it's not just Manchester this happens but it does seem like the Manchester players are being seen as easy hits?
Apparently the culprit was heard talking about monkey NFTs

Digital Forward

Supports
Atlético de Madrid
The wifes and girlfriends of these footballers are often their own enemies. Their need for confirmation on social media (especially Instagram) is what usually provides these organized crime groups with the important information they need to eventually burglarize homes. They'll use images, stories and other content (blogs, vlogs etc) connected to the players homes and lay a puzzle before identifying the easiest ways in and the "easiest" victims. I'm sure they rely on other types of information as well. Like insider which makes it easier for them to prepare for a burglary.

I remember Lindelöf's wife speaking openly about how Manchester United's security team told her to stop posting images of their home just weeks after they moved from Lisbon to Manchester. Despite the fact that she openly admitted to being afraid of living in such a large house in the beginning of their stay in England. She believes in mediums and ghosts (no, it's not a joke). 4,5 years later she keeps creating vlogs and posting them on YouTube where you're able to make a complete puzzle of their home. I suppose she's giving away plenty in her stories as well (the garden for potential entries etc). They even had an alarm that kept going off constantly in their first home (they moved recently) which she's spoken about lots of times. These groups use every single piece of content and study it in detail.

I think the worst part is that she even made a house tour of their old house after they moved out.

A few years ago (between 2017-2019) a group of organized criminals (Albanians) kept burglarizing the homes of Real Madrid and Atlético Madrid players/staff; Zidane, Isco, Benzema, Thomas, Gabi, Morata..They and their families were all instructed by the authorities to stop posting anything connected to their houses in social media. The authorities finally detained this group in late 2019.

Never post anything connected to your house onto social media.

NiceGuyEddie

Time for gated communities like in South Africa.

A couple of security guards at the gate to cover all houses.

Build the wall!
Was just going to say this. Believe they have them in America too.

The way it's going in the UK with the rich being targeted and our toothless, unresponsive police "service", gated communities must seem an attractive concept. I'd feel happier myself living in one if I had that kind of money.

Red Star One

The wifes and girlfriends of these footballers are often their own enemies. Their need for confirmation on social media (especially Instagram) is what usually provides these organized crime groups with the important information they need to eventually burglarize homes. They'll use images, stories and other content (blogs, vlogs etc) connected to the players homes and lay a puzzle before identifying the easiest ways in and the "easiest" victims. I'm sure they rely on other types of information as well. Like insider which makes it easier for them to prepare for a burglary.

I remember Lindelöf's wife speaking openly about how Manchester United's security team told her to stop posting images of their home just weeks after they moved from Lisbon to Manchester. Despite the fact that she openly admitted to being afraid of living in such a large house in the beginning of their stay in England. She believes in mediums and ghosts (no, it's not a joke). 4,5 years later she keeps creating vlogs and posting them on YouTube where you're able to make a complete puzzle of their home. I suppose she's giving away plenty in her stories as well (the garden for potential entries etc). They even had an alarm that kept going off constantly in their first home (they moved recently) which she's spoken about lots of times. These groups use every single piece of content and study it in detail.

I think the worst part is that she even made a house tour of their old house after they moved out.

A few years ago (between 2017-2019) a group of organized criminals (Albanians) kept burglarizing the homes of Real Madrid and Atlético Madrid players/staff; Zidane, Isco, Benzema, Thomas, Gabi, Morata..They and their families were all instructed by the authorities to stop posting anything connected to their houses in social media. The authorities finally detained this group in late 2019.

Never post anything connected to your house onto social media.
The amount of knowledge you have about Lindelof’s wife should be a reason enough to promote you