Brendan Rodgers | Rejoins Celtic on 3 year deal

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He's a much better manager than he was at Liverpool, doing a great job at Leicester, etc etc.

Fahad Jawaid

So glad this shit head is not going to be our manager, for a while I thought we would Manutd it and give it to him when Ole was sacked.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Just lucky this isn’t a European match. Might’ve ended in double figures

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
have you actually see the team picked? Getting hammered at City with that team out is to be expected

AshRK

So glad this shit head is not going to be our manager, for a while I thought we would Manutd it and give it to him when Ole was sacked.
Yes even I feared the worst. He would have been our Moyes 2.0. Would be going nowhere but downwards under him.

AshRK

have you actually see the team picked? Getting hammered at City with that team out is to be expected
Still being 4-0 by 30 mins is a poor show. Maybe the players have given up. We have seen far inferior teams show better fight.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Still being 4-0 by 30 mins is a poor show. Maybe the players have given up. We have seen far inferior teams show better fight.
we've basically got one defender out there, Vestergaard isn't even a footballer, and a winger playing full back, I'm not even keeping track of the game as I knew this would be the case

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Being 4-0 down after 25min is still bad. And it comes in the context of a season where ye've generally been poor, particularly defensively. 6th most goals conceded in the league this season before today

Chairman Steve

I can’t remember if it’s already been said in this thread or in the Carabao Cup thread or whether I saw it somewhere else entirely, but that Liverpool Carabao Cup tie perfectly summed up a Rodgers-Leicester team league campaign.

Amazing at the start
Get to the half way point
Start to wobble in the second half
Wobbling even more as the second half progresses
Shit the bed right at the end

BorisManUtd

Underperforming this season so far but I don't think Rodgers is getting sacked midway through season unless their results get so bad that club has to get rid of him. It'll probably be in May. Rodgers should take Conference League seriously and win it, Leicester are favourites, it would be another trophy for Brendan and would mean a qualification to Europa League. That would compensate for poor Premier League and Europa League performance.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Underperforming this season so far but I don't think Rodgers is getting sacked midway through season unless their results get so bad that club has to get rid of him. It'll probably be in May. Rodgers should take Conference League seriously and win it, Leicester are favourites, it would be another trophy for Brendan and would mean a qualification to Europa League. That would compensate for poor Premier League and Europa League performance.
Despite showing disdain for its very existence, there is no chance he can win it. There are teams still alive in it that will smash him in Europe.

He is a cut above a lot of the usual UK and Ireland coaches but he just can’t adjust his style of play to European games. He lost to Légia and drew at home to Spartak Moscow already this season.

Teams like Bodo, PSV, Slavia Prague, Marseille and Fenerbache are already in the Conference league with teams like Roma, Basel, Copenhagen and Rennes back in in the following round.

He has shown time and time again how poorly he adjusts to European football, and a lot of these smaller teams are very good footballing sides.

I think he will be gone by March/April.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I thought they'd get smashed as soon as I saw no Vardy and Ndidi in 11 when looking at line up at 2.45pm, bizarre not to play either unless they have an easy game in 48 hours but that may get called off.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
we've basically got one defender out there, Vestergaard isn't even a footballer, and a winger playing full back, I'm not even keeping track of the game as I knew this would be the case
So you don't subscribe to the view that Brendan may have something to do with all the injuries then? Either because he's assembled too injury prone a defence or because he's doing something to them in training that makes them more injury prone / sacked his physio?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Well he clearly still has a decent team talk in him! :lol:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
How come Danny Ward never gets a game?

Guy was excellent playing for Wales so seems a waste he never really gets much of a chance, dosen't really play in cups either given Schmiechel got the game in midweek v Liverpool kids.

That's one major decision that could shake things up as they're completely useless defensively these days.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica

Guy was excellent playing for Wales so seems a waste he never really gets much of a chance, dosen't really play in cups either given Schmiechel got the game in midweek v Liverpool kids.

That's one major decision that could shake things up as they're completely useless defensively these days.
Even though Schmeichel had some mistakes, he's a very solid keeper.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Even though Schmeichel had some mistakes, he's a very solid keeper.
The Leicester guys can't stand him on here. :lol:

He's been excellent for them generally but think he's letting in plenty of soft goals in recent times.

Leno wasn't at fault for all the goals Arsenal conceded in August but they decided to take him out and it's helped Arsenal in long run so would be surprised if Rodgers isn't seriously considering it to try to kickstart things.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
The Leicester guys can't stand him on here. :lol:

He's been excellent for them generally but think he's letting in plenty of soft goals in recent times.

Leno wasn't at fault for all the goals Arsenal conceded in August but they decided to take him out and it's helped Arsenal in long run so would be surprised if Rodgers isn't seriously considering it to try to kickstart things.
The gk position is very tough, and probably the most difficult position to play from a mental pov.
You need to be extremely focused through the 90 mins, you need tactical inteligence to read the game and know when you should try to antecipate the cross or through pass, and you need composure to quickly recover from a mistake. And all the mistakes Will lead to a goal 99% of the time.

Plus you need good positioning, reflexes and very technical handling on the ball.
Not to mention that if you want to BE a top team gk you also need precise distribution and solid passing game.

Going to the market for a new Keeper would probably end in Leicester getting a worse solution.

That's why keepers who look good are usually overpriced.

LARulz

Isn't this typical Brendan? He does well up to a point but then can't generally take them further

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC
Waiting for you guys to snatch him off us, compensation as well please. :)

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Waiting for you guys to snatch him off us, compensation as well please. :)
Unfortunately for you lot, I think his performances have disqualified him from any half decent Premier League job next season.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City

currently he has covid but there is a growing section of our fan base that wants him to play, our defence has changed multiple times but also had a solid run of games with Soyuncu/Evans and we have still leaked goals, sometimes you have to look at the keeper

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
The gk position is very tough, and probably the most difficult position to play from a mental pov.
You need to be extremely focused through the 90 mins, you need tactical inteligence to read the game and know when you should try to antecipate the cross or through pass, and you need composure to quickly recover from a mistake. And all the mistakes Will lead to a goal 99% of the time.

Plus you need good positioning, reflexes and very technical handling on the ball.
Not to mention that if you want to BE a top team gk you also need precise distribution and solid passing game.

Going to the market for a new Keeper would probably end in Leicester getting a worse solution.

That's why keepers who look good are usually overpriced.
we have Danny Ward who obviously has a good rep coming off of the Euros and hasn't let us down when he has played also one of the best keepers in the championship, Daniel Iversen, is our player so we may not need to go into the market but it will require Rodgers to show he has a set of balls on him by dropping the captain, injuries did for Wes Morgan's place in the side before Rodgers got here so he never had to make that call

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Now back to dream hipster cafe manager I guess. :lol: Missed pen was early in the game but how on earth did Leicester keep clean sheet with that backline they put out?! Honestly can't beat xmas football, so many random outcomes.

They have Norwich at home at weekend so huge chance for them to get rare back to back wins and finally get some momentum in second half of the season.

Still wouldn't surprise me if they had strong period post Jan with some injured players back.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
They played very well today. They also did well against City all things considered. Not sure the 2 penalty brainfarts are quite Brendan's fault vs City. He has a defensive injury crisis but is battling through it.

That said a lot of his shit results earlier this season were inexcusable so he has some work yet.

PoTMS

They keep playing football. Even under insane pressure they stick to a short passing game. You don’t see that terrified “HOOF” out of defence every time they win the ball when they’re under pressure that typifies United since Fergie retired.
My thoughts exactly. Honestly, the football played by Leicester tonight and us yesterday was world's apart. I don't remember the last time I saw United look anywhere near as comfortable on the ball as Leicester did at times tonight. I don't know whether it's a coaching issue or a lack of footballing quality in our players.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Brendan just gave a good tactical insight into what the instructions were today to nullify Liverpool the best they could.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
My thoughts exactly. Honestly, the football played by Leicester tonight and us yesterday was world's apart. I don't remember the last time I saw United look anywhere near as comfortable on the ball as Leicester did at times tonight. I don't know whether it's a coaching issue or a lack of footballing quality in our players.
At least half our players play international football for sides that quality passing football so it’s obviously something they’re capable of. I think it’s a lack of confidence and self-belief. Leicester know how they’re going to play and back themselves to play that way. At United they’ve got absolutely zero confidence in themselves or each other. The doubt creeps in the moment they pull on that shirt.

AshRK

They keep playing football. Even under insane pressure they stick to a short passing game. You don’t see that terrified “HOOF” out of defence every time they win the ball when they’re under pressure that typifies United since Fergie retired.
Well I won't pretend that I see them each week but from what I saw today and even the 6-3 loss , you are correct. I am not Brendan's biggest fan here but he is a good coach, just not the one I would have here.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Thought they were playing some suicidal and naive stuff early on tonight. We were winning the ball back high constantly but were so wasteful all night.

Good manager but not top level imo.