Brendan Rodgers | Rejoins Celtic on 3 year deal

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
How does losing in penalty’s ever fall on the manager
I mean they were 2-0 and 3-1 up. Their second half performance was toothless and his subs questionable. Brought Daka off who was hurting us on the counter.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Many on here wanted him and many Liverpool fans on here were worried he would join us. :houllier:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Or maybe how shit caf's opinion is.
It was "give me anybody" at that moment. Any name mentioned was light at the end of tunnel.
Bottler is a solid manager. Nothing more and nothing else. BUT between him and Ole; who you pick?

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
It was "give me anybody" at that moment. Any name mentioned was light at the end of tunnel.
Bottler is a solid manager. Nothing more and nothing else. BUT between him and Ole; who you pick?
Carrick as temporary manager until someone better is available.

TheLiverBird

Exactly

Rodgers wipes the floor clean with Ole as a Manager

that’s how bad Ole was

Scottish titles
FA Cup

no contest between the two

but it does look increasingly positive that United didn’t go for Rodgers, he doesn’t look ready for a move like United

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Many on here wanted him and many Liverpool fans on here were worried he would join us. :houllier:
I wasn’t one of them. He would’ve had you playing decent football but he struggles in Europe and seems to have a hard time getting sides over the line at times. I don’t think he ever builds a strong defence either.

You would’ve wanted him out after a couple of years.

TheLiverBird

Because he should never have let it get to penalties that's why. When you look at the difference in lineups and the fact they took a 2 goal advantage twice in the match.. him and his team bottled it.
Indeed

a fully strengthened and fully fresh Leicester squad blew a 2 goal lead and crashed out of the cup against a Liverpool side who were without Alisson, Trent, Van Dijk, Matip, Robbo, Fab, Thiago, Mane and Salah

Looks good on Liverpool’s squad depth options though

AshRK

wouldn't have wanted Rodgers irrespective of how much I wanted Ole gone. Rodgers would have took us nowhere, in fact fans and media would have eaten him alive here. Each result here us scrutinized and he would have found it hard here.

The Purley King

wouldn't have wanted Rodgers irrespective of how much I wanted Ole gone. Rodgers would have took us nowhere, in fact fans and media would have eaten him alive here. Each result here us scrutinized and he would have found it hard here.
He’d probably do ok for a couple of months and then when we really needed a big result against a good team we’d capitulate.
A sort of reverse Ole.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Indeed

a fully strengthened and fully fresh Leicester squad blew a 2 goal lead and crashed out of the cup against a Liverpool side who were without Alisson, Trent, Van Dijk, Matip, Robbo, Fab, Thiago, Mane and Salah

Looks good on Liverpool’s squad depth options though
We weren’t at full strength but not too far off, no depth on the bench either but he bottled it pure and simple taking Daka off so early was dumb the other changes were forced through injury and a need to change shape

BorisManUtd

Out of Europa League, out of League Cup against weakened Liverpool side, 9th in Premier League with City away and Liverpool at home being their next 2 games. If they lose those 2 games then situation will look even worse. He is very good manager, best British manager out there with Moyes probably but not elite level or close to it. Think Rodgers will stay at Leicester until the end of this season, perhaps even win Europa Conference League (which means they qualify for EL in 2022/23) and finish 7th-8th-9th in PL or something like that and get sacked in the end or leave himself.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Still cannot understand how he got so many RedCafe votes to replace Ole just a month or so ago!
Thats the amazing thing. He has proven over & over and over again that he is a nearly man. Can you imagine him at United with that record? Firstly he would have to overcome all his 'How am I doing Boss' memes. Then to constantly fall short at the last furlong?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Normally I'd say 'bottling' is an over used word that happens far less than most brits claim.

It might be a thing with Rodgers by now though. Perennial good start and middle, then collapse at the finish line manager.

TheRedHearted

I mean they were 2-0 and 3-1 up. Their second half performance was toothless and his subs questionable. Brought Daka off who was hurting us on the counter.
So you could argue he did enough to get them up 2-0 but them falling apart was due to Klopp responding at half time.
Because he should never have let it get to penalties that's why. When you look at the difference in lineups and the fact they took a 2 goal advantage twice in the match.. him and his team bottled it.
3-1 up
look at Liverpool line up v Leicester’s
I had no idea Liverpool played the bench but I still don’t get it- so it’s his fault for the team collapsing but not the team being up twice bu two goals? My main point is if you’ve gotten to penalties, there’s nothing else the manager can do. I agree it shouldn’t have gone there but his team didn’t lose 2-0, they were up till the 95th minute was it

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Liverpool finished the game with Jota, Keita, Milner, Konate, Gomez, Ox, Firmino and Minamino on the pitch and they were at Anfield and only lost on penalties.

I don’t think this one is down to Brendan to be fair.

One would say it even shows great character to give them such a game at Anfield.

youmeletsfly

If this dude gets the Utd job in the summer, I'll walk to Manchester and set OT on fire.

Dunno why he didn't change sooner in the 2nd half, Vardy and quite a few others were invisible. He thought 3-1 is enough and that says a lot about his mentality.

FriendlyFox

Supports
Leicester City
Liverpool finished the game with Jota, Keita, Milner, Konate, Gomez, Ox, Firmino and Minamino on the pitch and they were at Anfield and only lost on penalties.

I don’t think this one is down to Brendan to be fair.

One would say it even shows great character to give them such a game at Anfield.
And we finished with a back 5 of Albrighton, Luke Thomas, Ndidi, vestergaard and Ryan Bertrand. That's a winger two left backs, a cdm, and whatever vestergaard is.

I'm annoyed with Rodgers, but we've got Soyuncu, Fofana, Evans, Justin, Ricardo, Castagne and Amartey out. Also vardy got injured and we couldn't make any more subs (hence why he didn't take a pen).

I'm annoyed that he took daka off, that was silly. But really, the most damning thing is signing Vestergaard and Bertrand. Possibly the worst signings we've ever made.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
And we finished with a back 5 of Albrighton, Luke Thomas, Ndidi, vestergaard and Ryan Bertrand. That's a winger two left backs, a cdm, and whatever vestergaard is.

I'm annoyed with Rodgers, but we've got Soyuncu, Fofana, Evans, Justin, Ricardo, Castagne and Amartey out. Also vardy got injured and we couldn't make any more subs (hence why he didn't take a pen).

I'm annoyed that he took daka off, that was silly. But really, the most damning thing is signing Vestergaard and Bertrand. Possibly the worst signings we've ever made.
They both looked like decent signings on paper. Vestergaard did really well for Southampton and Bertrand felt like a decent option on a free.

It could be argued though, I suppose, that they were squad signings when they should have been looking at players that could come in and make their first team better.

It’s a lot of injuries though, for any team to deal with.

poleglass red

that one hurts a lot, a player I really like. Liverpool lost VVD and Gomez last season and they found it hard to cope even with their resources. Arguably this season Leicester have been playing without at least 3 possibly 4 of their starting back 4. I know you attribute some of that to Rodgers training style, but that amount of starting defenders out is hard for any team to carry as evidenced by Liverpool last season

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Justin was in all the training pics pre game, so much so I thought he may make the bench, they want to get him some U23 games in, Fofana I think was in France last night as he's a month or so away still so probably given some time off to visit family

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
that one hurts a lot, a player I really like. Liverpool lost VVD and Gomez last season and they found it hard to cope even with their resources. Arguably this season Leicester have been playing without at least 3 possibly 4 of their starting back 4. I know you attribute some of that to Rodgers training style, but that amount of starting defenders out is hard for any team to carry as evidenced by Liverpool last season
we went from a team that never had soft tissue injuries to seeing our long time physio depart and soft tissue injuries explode, its just common sense that it must be something about how Rodgers trains them, it will come out when he leaves.

Lee Congerton is going to Atalanta hopefully he convinces them to do the stupid thing and hire Rodgers

poleglass red

we went from a team that never had soft tissue injuries to seeing our long time physio depart and soft tissue injuries explode, its just common sense that it must be something about how Rodgers trains them, it will come out when he leaves.

Lee Congerton is going to Atalanta hopefully he convinces them to do the stupid thing and hire Rodgers
who would you want though to replace him with. Injuries have hurt him, is it a result of training, maybe to an extent. I know Forfana's absence is the result of a bad tackle

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC
He could've done with a win there, its not been a good season for them at all. I think he should've pushed for a move somewhere this summer, its gone a bit stale for him at Leicester and I can't see how he turns it around from here.
He cant seem to read a game, he took off our best performing midfielder the one who has added bite to our midfield, its as if it was a pre determined thing decided before the game or something. The game immediately turned.

This has happened before in several other games as well.

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC

I think for many years across multiple managers we had an outstanding injury record, it lasted from Pearson to Claudio to Shakespeare then to Puel, it only suddenly got like this with Rodgers, I agree with you that after Rodgers is gone it will come out what caused it.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

From what you're saying perhaps it's more to do with losing your physio than the manager? Or did the manager push him out or something?

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
But really, the most damning thing is signing Vestergaard and Bertrand. Possibly the worst signings we've ever made.
I totally agree with you about Vestergaard. I said back in the summer that it was a seriously odd buy. I guess injuries have meant he’s been less of a reserve player than initially envisioned, but I think he’s a really poor player. Especially when he’s compared to the players you have out injured.