g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Brendan Rodgers | Rejoins Celtic on 3 year deal

BorisManUtd

He'll be gone in few days or weeks, it's clear. Probably after losing to Brighton away on Sunday. Can see him then going to Vila or Everton when Gerrard/Lampard get the sack there.

Pochettino is a quality option for Leicester now as Potter is not leaving Brighton before the end of the season.

If Leicester weren't so poor last season (especially when we sacked Ole), our board would have probably seriously considered Rodgers. I mean, he's very good manager, one of the best amongst British managers, but has his limitations and, as others said, isn't great after first 2 years into the job it seems.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
I do wonder if we didn't have a game so close if he would have gone last night or this morning

Robbie Boy

He seems to be good at getting teams to play some very entertaining football/players to buy into his methods on a short term basis, and then it goes to shit. I'm not sure what the issue is exactly; do players quickly realise he's a-bit of a nob?

His record in the transfer market is also extremely hit-and-miss, too. I do think he's a good coach, who is capable of having teams play some lovely stuff, but he just can't seem to sustain it.

Last edited:

Skills

Snitch
You look at this Leicester team and there are some talented footballers there. How are they so bad?

The Purley King

If he can shore up the defence they aren’t bad going forward.
What has happened to soyuncku? Why is he not getting a look in?
Vestergaard I understand being left out, pretty average player but they miss ndidi tidying up things in midfield.
I think he’s getting it wrong at the moment.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Would Pochettino fancy Leicester? They are of a similar quality to Spurs when he arrived there and I think he'd do really there if they let him build a squad.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Not his fault. Club spent next to nothing. Players left. Others want out.

Literally nothing he can do to turn that tide.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
If he can shore up the defence they aren’t bad going forward.
What has happened to soyuncku? Why is he not getting a look in?
Vestergaard I understand being left out, pretty average player but they miss ndidi tidying up things in midfield.
I think he’s getting it wrong at the moment.
Rodgers made Soyuncu a scapegoat last season and won’t let him get a look in, now seems he’s heading to Galatasaray

Trequarista10

Not his fault. Club spent next to nothing. Players left. Others want out.

Literally nothing he can do to turn that tide.
Logically I agree, but he does still have some very good players. I think managers more used to these situations do a better job of keeping morale and confidence up amongst the squad, whereas Rodgers had publicly voiced his frustrations and I doubt is setting the right kind of tone behind the scenes. I suspect Rodgers doesn't really want to be there any longer and would be happy to be sacked. A manager more experienced/willing to work on a budget would do better in their current situation imo.

Chairman Steve

I thought he’d be done after the post match comments on Thursday. I’m somewhat amazed he took charge of this game but I’m guessing the three day turnaround between games doesn’t help.

Who‘d take charge of them? Are they going to be ambitious as feck and go for Poch?

Skills

Snitch
I'm glad we've already played them now before he got sacked. They've got very good players and someone will do a good job coming in

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Surely gone now; 5 defeats on the bounce.
sky sources are reporting that he’s frantically opening envelopes in the dressing room and sobbing as he keeps pulling his own name out of each one. most of the players are slinking off to the team bus.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Poch isn't going from a team who bought Messi, Neymar and Mbappe to a team who sold good players and are refusing to buy. And are bottom.

Shark

@NotShark
He's fecked, but the club haven't helped him.
History has told us that you can have a good squad but continuous additions are still required to keep things ticking along. Similar thing happened with Poch at Spurs.

Nick7

sky sources are reporting that he’s frantically opening envelopes in the dressing room and sobbing as he keeps pulling his own name out of each one. most of the players are slinking off to the team bus.
:lol:

AneRu

That's him done, what a torrid year he's had from beibg touted fir United job to getting the boot ten months later!

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Poch isn't going from a team who bought Messi, Neymar and Mbappe to a team who sold good players and are refusing to buy. And are bottom.
He got fired though, his stock isn't that high.

If he's hoping for Europe's elite he might be disappointed and he seems a man of principle so he might rule out a club like Chelsea.

Bayern - probably won't sack their manager any time soon
Real - doing well with Ancelotti
Barca - won't go there
United - was probably favoured until ETH
Man City - unlikely to part with Pep
Liverpool - Klopp will most likely remain until next season
Chelsea - Spurs rival, would he go?
Arsenal - even bigger rival
Spurs return - Conte doing well right now
Juventus - would be a good shout but dont look like sacking Allegri
AC/Inter - same as above
Dortmund - would be a good fit
Newcastle - would be a good fit but Howe doing well

BorisManUtd

5-2 loss could be too big for their board to wait for international break before sacking him. It may be a matter of hours now..

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He seems to be good at getting teams to play some very entertaining football/players to buy into his methods on a short term basis, and then it goes to shit. I'm not sure what the issue is exactly; do players quickly realise he's a-bit of a nob?

His record in the transfer market is also extremely hit-and-miss, too. I do think he's a good coach, who is capable of having teams play some lovely stuff, but he just can't seem to sustain it.
I think his inability to recruit the right sort of players to build on the foundations he makes is a big issue. That, plus him being a knob seems like a bad combo. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s massively fallen out with some of the players — Fofana seemed to make a jibe, Sonyuncu has been completely frozen out to the point where a midfielder is playing CB, Castagne doesn’t seem to get as many starts anymore etc.