Brendan Rodgers | Rejoins Celtic on 3 year deal

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Overall he did a good job until this season

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Pretty sure the Leicester fans will remember him as an FA Cup winner. Not many Managers outside of the top 5 win trophies (didnt use top six because Spurs don't win trophies).

I don't even rate Rodgers!
Not if we go down which might very well be the case.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Surely that’s recently bias mate, Taylor, Levein, Puel etc. Rodgers had a great first 2 full seasons
Puel has been very much maligned, but people tend to forget that he steadied an absolute Titanic of a ship and was dealt a fairly bad hand. He also promoted the youngsters.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Should have been sacked a long time ago, while the World Cup was going on at the latest. Pure incompetence that they waited until after losing once the latest international break was over to act when they've got two more games this week and then away to City after that. Will be ugly for them.
That's my opinion too. The cracks were already there last season and it completely unraveled in this one. It will take some doing to not go down.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Puel has been very much maligned, but people tend to forget that he steadied an absolute Titanic of a ship and was dealt a fairly bad hand. He also promoted the youngsters.
He left you 12th and losing 4-1 at home to Crystal Palace.

Leicester 1-4 Crystal Palace: 'It is normal for fans to be worried' says Puel - BBC Sport

I thought you were massively underachieving at the time and so it proved over next two and a half years.

It's very similar to us sacking Gerrard and hiring Emery and rising reasonably steadily up the table.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
He left you 12th and losing 4-1 at home to Crystal Palace.

Leicester 1-4 Crystal Palace: 'It is normal for fans to be worried' says Puel - BBC Sport

I thought you were massively underachieving at the time and so it proved over next two and a half years.

It's very similar to us sacking Gerrard and hiring Emery and rising reasonably steadily up the table.
You're talking about the end of his tenure for which he was rightly sacked. I'm talking about what he did when he took over from Craig Shakespeare. And it was a lot of dirty work.

It didn't work out but he certainly doesn't deserve to be ranked with the likes of Taylor.

city-puma

Interesting to see Leicester fan has such a negative view on him. He is a very good coach and will not be out of work long.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
It would be hilarious if Leicester took Postecoglu off Celtic.

The rage they had when they nicked Rodgers was gold. Postecoglu is a much better fit and would cause a higher level of rage.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Didn't some people actually prefer this guy to EtH?

next_number_seven

He's an excellent manager who's been consistently successful in every job.

I'm sure he'll get lots of offers.
The England job is a good shout. He's certainly more competent than Southgate.

Spurs could do worse than him.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

He might actually get Spurs to win a league cup or FA but I think he'd take them out of top 4 contention

Mr. Robot

He’s not an “excellent” manager but a competent one and as a British manager, gets his sides playing some nice footy.

He will not get near a big job again.

soulfox63

Rodgers is a media darling. Good riddance, hope the decision is not too late to save the season. The last 18 months have been dire, Claudio and Puel were sacked for a lot less.

next_number_seven

He’s not an “excellent” manager but a competent one and as a British manager, gets his sides playing some nice footy.

He will not get near a big job again.
He's succeeded at every job playing good football without spending lots.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
He lost Schmeichel, Fofana, and Vardy's years have caught up to him.
Schmeichel was done, not succeeded at Nice at all
You're talking about the end of his tenure for which he was rightly sacked. I'm talking about what he did when he took over from Craig Shakespeare. And it was a lot of dirty work.

It didn't work out but he certainly doesn't deserve to be ranked with the likes of Taylor.
I was talking purely about his popularity
I wouldn't mind him for England, he seems a better manager than Southgate
he would but will never get it

Gavinb33

When you continually sell your best players your recruitment has to be really good and at Leicster they've continually sold their best players and players have aged out and they haven't replaced them appropriately and are now in the position they are in.

Outside the big 6 teams seasons like Leicster are having now can happen to any team, like Brighton and Brentford are the new media darlings but take away their best 5 or 6 players and the other players age out they'll have the same issues Leicster have now unless they get the recruitment right.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
and it was Rodgers that spent £30m on Daka, £25m on Soumare, £18m on Vestergaard then moaned about not being backed, our signings have to have a good success rate he took our biggest ever net spend and our best players were still signed before he arrived.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Interesting to see Leicester fan has such a negative view on him. He is a very good coach and will not be out of work long.
He is a fake .. His team selection is brutal and his substitutions are even worse. He won in a two horse race in Scotland & that is his claim to fame.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
he spent 18 months tapping up Vestergaard, a player who was totally unsuited to how he wanted to play, overpaid for him and dropped him and froze him out after a handful of games, froze Soyuncu out for no particular reason and wasted 26 games playing Danny fecking Ward in goal

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He is a fake .. His team selection is brutal and his substitutions are even worse. He won in a two horse race in Scotland & that is his claim to fame.
Bollocks mate.

It was a one horse race at the time :D

NoPace

he spent 18 months tapping up Vestergaard, a player who was totally unsuited to how he wanted to play, overpaid for him and dropped him and froze him out after a handful of games, froze Soyuncu out for no particular reason and wasted 26 games playing Danny fecking Ward in goal
Leicester not having a RW, LB or LCB reminds me of how Burnley went down because they didn't have a boring 6/10 option at RW once the Icelandic guy got hurt and the same at DM with Cork getting old and Westwood hurt. Just insane. At least get a loan in or a cheap productive veteran who's 30 and has no resale value. Penny wise and dollar foolish. People tend to clown on veterans like Ayew and Bednarek because it's frustrating when they're not upgraded on, but there's a reason they get caps for pretty good international teams and the best available academy product is probably not ready for the battle to finish 17th yet.

NoPace

Don't think he really makes a ton of sense internationally, seems like a Roberto Martinez where they'd play good stuff and win games but struggle once they reach the quarters and have to play top teams.

He speaks Spanish, so maybe Sevilla or another top half club in Spain outside of Barca and the Madrids.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Leicester not having a RW, LB or LCB reminds me of how Burnley went down because they didn't have a boring 6/10 option at RW once the Icelandic guy got hurt and the same at DM with Cork getting old and Westwood hurt. Just insane. At least get a loan in or a cheap productive veteran who's 30 and has no resale value. Penny wise and dollar foolish. People tend to clown on veterans like Ayew and Bednarek because it's frustrating when they're not upgraded on, but there's a reason they get caps for pretty good international teams and the best available academy product is probably not ready for the battle to finish 17th yet.
we have left backs (Castagne, Justin and Thomas played the games now Kristiansen) and a LCB (Evans was fit when Faes once signed and Soyuncu was always there), RW was always an issue, that was just terrible scouting all around not finding one until Tete, who has fallen off the boil since his first few games

justboy68

He'd been decent there for a few seasons but this was coming. Shocking this year, looked like he might turn it around at one point but then it's all gone downhill again.

Dazzmondo

Don't think he'd be the worst option for Spurs. He's definitely a good manager. Sometimes managers just stay at a club too long and this kind of thing can happen, eg. Klopp at Dortmund. Correct decision by Leicester board to sack him though and realistically they probably waited longer than they should have out of respect for what he's done for the club. If not Spurs I think West Ham or Leeds could improve a lot under him.

NoPace

we have left backs (Castagne, Justin and Thomas played the games now Kristiansen) and a LCB (Evans was fit when Faes once signed and Soyuncu was always there), RW was always an issue, that was just terrible scouting all around not finding one until Tete, who has fallen off the boil since his first few games
Evans is 35 so that's always a risk. Don't think Thomas was ready defensively or physically, seems like he should be on loan getting Champo starts.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
and it was Rodgers that spent £30m on Daka, £25m on Soumare, £18m on Vestergaard then moaned about not being backed, our signings have to have a good success rate he took our biggest ever net spend and our best players were still signed before he arrived.
He did the same at Liverpool. Our scouts bought him Coutinho and Sturridge despite his protestations. Then took the credit when they turned out great. When it came time to rebuild he held our board to ransom demanding Benteke for £35m when he clearly didn't fit our style. We bombed.

We made the same mistake of keeping him too long. He is a bit of a narcissist. He will rinse and repeat elsewhere. I was so desperate for you to rid him before the summer, the Utd board would definitely have had bought him. :(

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Evans is 35 so that's always a risk. Don't think Thomas was ready defensively or physically, seems like he should be on loan getting Champo starts.
Thomas was doing well until Rodgers dropped him for James Justin who was so fresh back from a year out he could still barely run, never recovered since

poleglass red

It would be hilarious if Leicester took Postecoglu off Celtic.

The rage they had when they nicked Rodgers was gold. Postecoglu is a much better fit and would cause a higher level of rage.
maybe even funnier if Leicester took Rodgers successor at Celtic, their ex player Neil Lennon :)