Brendan Rodgers | Rejoins Celtic on 3 year deal

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
It was always going to end this way ultimately. Unfortunately, his tenure will always be remembered for what he couldn’t achieve than what he did. 5th place finish for Leicester is no joke and would be considered a bigger achievement had it not be a bottle job for the 4th position two seasons in a row. Again, he remains one of the few to win a trophy outside of the big clubs. Should’ve gone sooner but overall his tenure was a successful one.
Pretty sure the Leicester fans will remember him as an FA Cup winner. Not many Managers outside of the top 5 win trophies (didnt use top six because Spurs don't win trophies).

I don't even rate Rodgers!

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
His friendly persona and expertise in an attractive style of football make him great at augmenting winning teams, but he lacks the charisma and mettle to jump start the team again when things go awry.
and the introspection needed to see what HE is doing wrong

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Pretty sure the Leicester fans will remember him as an FA Cup winner. Not many Managers outside of the top 5 win trophies (didnt use top six because Spurs don't win trophies).

I don't even rate Rodgers!
in time yes he will be remembered for that, especially if we do now stay up

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
It seems 2-3 years is about as long as a good (but not great) manager can typically tend to last these days. It’s ironic to say but leaving the game yesterday plenty of Palace fans were saying the football was a breath of fresh air compared to what we were watching under Vieira. Exactly the same things were being said this time last year at Palace but the other way around. Sometimes it just goes stale and needs freshening up, it’s on the owners to do that.

I think a change is definitely best for both parties, Leicester were abject yesterday and need a new voice and ideas. But I’m also confident BR will go on to do well elsewhere.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
It seems 2-3 years is about as long as a good (but not great) manager can typically tend to last these days. It’s ironic to say but leaving the game yesterday plenty of Palace fans were saying the football was a breath of fresh air compared to what we were watching under Vieira. Exactly the same things were being said this time last year at Palace but the other way around. Sometimes it just goes stale.

I think a change is definitely best for both parties, Leicester were abject yesterday and need a new voice and ideas. But I’m also confident BR will go on to do well elsewhere.
yeah you went from not shooting to getting 31 shots, and Rodgers said ewe played well, clearly didn't see the mire we are in

RedDevilRoshi

It was inevitable since the start of the season and done well to last this long. Was going to always be an uphill struggle to have them competing for a top 4 place consistently especially when they had let go of a few players and never replaced them.

Drifter

American
Expected good things about him when he left Swansea, guess time as shown he's not lived up to the hype( Not including Celtic)

Lee565

He will get another job in the prem no problem within a year at a club like Leeds, southampton or West ham, he did a lot of good at Leicester and it was only this season where things dropped off massively

Abraxas

He's been a dead man walking for ages. No idea why they hung onto him for so long when they could have got ahead of this. The way he was talking, his body language, it was all of a man who felt defeated and like he couldn't take Leicester further. That has ultimately resulted in a relegation battle because I don't think he had the energy and motivation to get this team going.

tomaldinho1

Agree. That’s Potter’s level imo.

But after the Chelsea showing, coupled with what Di Zerbi’s done at Brighton, maybe Leicester might fancy a more ambitious punt?
They’ve just stopped spending though - it’s a weird one I don’t really rate Rodgers (I think he’s a decent coach who is midtable material) but from the outside looking in they’ve not particularly helped him out.

Sylar

It's weird they waited to do this when it was clear they hung on too long.

They badly need that new manager bounce

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Expected good things about him when he left Swansea, guess time as shown he's not lived up to the hype( Not including Celtic)
Had a decent career in my opinion, but unfortunately will be remembered as a bit of a botttlejob. Took an average Liverpool squad(Even though they had an amazing Suarez) to a position where they really should have won the title. Took an average Leicester squad to a position where they should have secured 4th two seasons in a row, and got them a FA Cup. Obviously he was there for all the collapses but you could argue he was let down by his players a bit as well after setting them up nicely.

Would be decent for Tottenham but think they will try for a bigger name. I think the West Ham Job will be available in the summer, I can see him work wonders there for a couple of years. Palace as well has a decent enough squad with interesting young attacking players

Skills

Snitch
Honestly that second half against us at Old Trafford was so fecking bad. That was a genuine 6-7 goal half, if we weren't so arrogant with our approach. Ironically Liverpool showed us how to do it, by putting us to the sword the week after.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He will get another job in the prem no problem within a year at a club like Leeds, southampton or West ham, he did a lot of good at Leicester and it was only this season where things dropped off massively
Leicester fans were agaitating for him to be sacked last season too, back when Solskjaer was still in charge and some people inexplicably (presumably motivated by sheer desperation) were arguing for us to take Rodgers.

They bottomed out this season but this has been a long time coming.

he'd be a brilliant appointment for Spurs, but line up the man you want at the same time for 2 years later, he has a short shelf life but his immediate impact is there
Yeah he would be good appointment for Spurs, who do you want to come in next?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I would love it if Spurs appointed him, keep them on that Spursy path.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Potter to Leicester then !

Rodgers will be back at Palace or West Ham .