Brendan Rodgers | Rejoins Celtic on 3 year deal

Chairman Steve

Needs three years to build his team or something. Beat that hipster manager Cooper the other week too.

Brennys at the wheel

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Remember that long ago time when he was going to get sacked? ;)

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I saw this bumped and came to say why he hasn't been sacked yet, but I guess not.

BorisManUtd

Not gonna lie, only month ago I thought it was matter of them before Rodgers would be sacked. Some good results since then and they're climbing up the table and look better.

Idxomer

He turned it around, they've been playing some good football lately and look more stable at the back.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Looked dead in the water and I was sure it was over for him at Leicester, but it is good to be reminded sometimes that not everything in football is black and white and not every manager that used to be succesfull have lost the dressing room and are finished when the results are not going his way. If this good form continues, credit to Leicester for backing him

Mike Smalling

Actually pretty nice to see a manager being able to turn it around, regardless of who he is and what club he manages. There has long been a tendency to simply sack someone when results start going the wrong way. It's quickly implied that the dressing room is lost, and there is no way back. Good to see it is not always the case.

Revaulx

Actually pretty nice to see a manager being able to turn it around, regardless of who he is and what club he manages. There has long been a tendency to simply sack someone when results start going the wrong way. It's quickly implied that the dressing room is lost, and there is no way back. Good to see it is not always the case.
I can’t stand Rodgers. But you are absolutely right.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Big fan of Rodgers. Pleased for him that he’s turned the corner with Leicester. They played very well in the bits I saw tonight. You’d expect them to progress up the table now.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Well said and agree 100%

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Yeah. Although this is the first time I’ve seen a manager turns things round after he seemed to actively want to get the sack.

BorisManUtd

Totally agree.

mu4c_20le

This page, yikes. Wins over Everton, Wolves, West Ham, all near the bottom of the table and he's turned it arouhnd.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
2 points off the relegation zone.

Will he be gone before Lampard?
I hope so, no one is shocked by this, he's wasted so much money, injured half our squad and blames everything on lack of signings and injuries. Worst of all he's sucked the enthusiasm from the fan base

vodrake

People seemed oddly desperate to declare that he'd turned it all around after a couple of wins on the trot, all seems to have fallen apart again since then

Kaos

To be fair he's been dealt a bad hand. Last season he had rotten luck with injuries, and this season he just hasn't been backed by the club. They don't seem to afford being able to sack him either.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
To be fair he's been dealt a bad hand. Last season he had rotten luck with injuries, and this season he just hasn't been backed by the club. They don't seem to afford being able to sack him either.
When he has been backed he's made shite transfer decisions though according to the Leicester fans.

Kaos

When he has been backed he's made shite transfer decisions though according to the Leicester fans.
So the alternative is to not make signings anymore? Do they have a DoF? I'm not entirely sure what Leicester's plan here is. Its clear they desperately need investing in their squad.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
So the alternative is to not make signings anymore? Do they have a DoF? I'm not entirely sure what Leicester's plan here is. Its clear they desperately need investing in their squad.
I suppose the alternative is get in a new manager.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
we hired a new head of recruitment after the last window, we have a DoF but as I said we needed to sell to buy, we have been making offers but none accepted yet.

What we need to do is fire Rodgers and get our old physio, the man that had fans of other clubs jokingly accusing us of PEDs back from Bristol City and tell any future manager he is untouchable

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
How is this fraud still in the job? Maddison is single-handedly the reason they aren't rock bottom.

j65454

They've got the 7th highest wage bill in the league:

1. Manchester United – £222,984,000
2. Chelsea – £169,720,000
3. Manchester City – £163,060,000
4. Liverpool – £141,782,000
5. Tottenham – £101,344,000
6. Arsenal – £85,490,000
7. Leicester City – 78,780,000
8. Aston Villa – £75,232,000
9. West Ham – £70,160,000
10. Newcastle United – £62,610,000
11. Crystal Palace – £59,180,000
12. Everton – £43,120,000
13. Wolves – £38,310,000
14. Fulham – £37,610,000
15. Southampton – £35,380,000
16. Bournemouth – £32,044,000
17. Nottingham Forest – £28,590,000
18. Brighton – £28,340,000
19. Leeds United – £17,300,000
20. Brentford – £15,240,000

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Rodgers has his defenders in media that's why there is the "he's not been backed spin, with any luck Spurs or Chelsea will do something dumb and hire him in the summer, he's been here 4 years tomorrow.