Brendan Rodgers was once the manager of Liverpool Football Club...

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
His quotes after the match today were as cringeworthy as anything he's said. And that's saying something.

Said 'we didn't lose as bad as last time so that's a positive'.

Also said it wasn't a free kick for Young's goal and that the penalty was lucky.

A big chunk of Rawk want him out.

Oo0AahCantona

I don't see how he's building that squad, he seems to change his mind constantly about the type of players he wants to bring in. its completely understandable your not going to be able to replace suarez, and sturridges injury concerns have been a massive ball ache for them, but they have to do a better job with player recruitment over there if they want to improve. the fact that milner and ings on free's are probably their best transfers speaks volumes. Benteke will be good for them, but once again, i thought the entire point of ditching carroll was to bring in a different type of play? was firminho even playing today? i mean christ the state of their squad you could go on and on.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
The hope they went into this match with is even more hilarious now.

clarkydaz

it looks like he is seriously making it up now, whatever the vision "judge me in 3 years" was, it isn't this.

Unlikely lad

They've got so many strikers. Ings, Benteke, Firmino, Sturridge, Origi... What the feck is that about?

clarkydaz

their away section seemed fairly subdued today, like they know they have little to get behind team/manager wise

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Let's not pretend the game was that clearly in our favor today. If not for Blind's heroics and Martial's individual brilliance, this could've ended differently. And that was with their creative force out. With Coutinho in there, who knows what might have happened. He is massive for them and in my opinion, their best player.

Jorsett

Supports
Bayern Munich
I'm starting to really wonder if Rodgers is the actual reason why LFC can't take the step collectively. Firmino was deployed on the right of midfield at times and Can was supposed to be the creative outlet? :houllier:

20solskjaer

Let's not pretend the game was that clearly in our favor today. If not for Blind's heroics and Martial's individual brilliance, this could've ended differently. And that was with their creative force out. With Coutinho in there, who knows what might have happened. He is massive for them and in my opinion, their best player.
Yeah, if not for two of our goals the game might have ended differently :lol:

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
It's not as bad as Hodgson. Losing to Blackpool and Wolves at home and all that. Liverpool would genuinely have finished bottom half if he stayed in charge. There is the money argument but Hodgson still inherited Torres and Gerrard and just better players then they have now.

Rogers isn't a bad manager and has had his moments at Liverpool - let's not forget he (very briefly) got them back into the Champions League. They play better Football than the shite under Hodgson and Dalglish and are probably (just about) a better team. He probably doesn't have the skills to be manager of a club that size though, never has. Where he is piss poor is in the transfer market. Loves the signings from lower down in the Premier League who clearly aren't good enough. Replaced Suarez with an array of piss poor mediocrity. Gives the shirt to players who aren't even worthy to play for Stoke or Leicester.

He is also an absolute joke in his interviews and press conference. Some of the shite he comes out with is so cringe-worthy and embarrassing and delusional. He is the ideal yes man for the awful owners that Liverpool have.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Mate we absolutely walked that game in the second half barring one of two scares in which our two centre backs and goalkeeper did brilliantly, and for a couple of minutes after the goal of the season by Benteke.

Jerch

What should be concern for the Liverpool supporters is what Brendan will leave after he is off (sacked or walked away). I really think their team is really bad. To much strikers and no really grreat ones,maybe you could argue about the Sturridge and Benteke but first is permanently injuried and the second is but not great, moving to other areas they are very weak on the wing, in midfield and defense.
They spent a lot of money but half the team that started against us wouldn't started for a mid-table team like Palace or Swansea.They are really in a bad position.

Ricardo de la Vega

We were clearly streets ahead of them in the second half. In the first half we bossed it but were lethargic. Young made the difference coming on - but really everyone turned it on in the second half.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
I looked at the Liverpool line up today and I honestly struggled to name a player I would of had in the Everton team. Don't get me wrong there are probably around about 5 or 6 players who are 'equal' and they where also missing there 2 best players but that just proves how poor he has been in the transfer market.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Yeah, if not for two of our goals the game might have ended differently :lol:
The goal difference not always tells the truth about the game, you should know better.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
It's his transfer dealings which puzzle me the most. None of their signings with the exception of Firmino or Clyne are of any use if you're going for the top 4.

When I look at their team sheet I honestly don't see a team which is that different to the mid table sides.

Apart from Coutinho, they don't have anyone who is even close to approaching word class.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
He's a goner.

Worst Liverpool team I've seen. It's not the quality of players, it's that they have no fight at all in the side. The tamest Liverpool team I've seen at Old Trafford.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
He should thank Suarez every night. He dragged him to a second place finish so Rodgers will always be considered for high profile upper mid-table jobs when he does eventually get the sack.

::sonny::

Coutinho and Benteke are their only good players.

The others are really nothing

Emre Can hahaha

crimsonife

They clearly set up to park the bus, especially in the first half. Although Coutinho and Henderson were out its a pretty average team.

RooneyLegend

For some reason some labelled the summer a success for them. Disgraceful management by Bredan and only God knows how he's still in the job. The problem with not having a clear plan is that you end up adopting a scatter gun approach that rarely ever seems to work especially when the cream of european football have much better clubs that they'd prefer to go to.

They can't continue like this surely. How can a club that's spent so much money in recent years put out a midfield like that? Lucas, Can and Milner have no business being involved in game of that magnitude. For the majority of the match they could barely string a couple of passes together. They have a 18 year old Centre back at left back. They still start Lovren and Skrtel and expect to be taken seriously.

Can someone explain to me how they are meant to be playing? So he suddenly changed his philosophy from possession based to a counter attacking direct one? Today they went full out non pressing italian style containing. So he's basically Klopp, Pep and Mou rolled into one, what a legend.

The longer they keep this fraud at the helm the more they're hurting their club. Thankfully for us that exactly what we want to see. However something tells me that KRAP 2.0 just isn't going to succeed.

roykeane19

I remember when he got the job, seen something about him giving a 70-100 page dossier to the owners of how he didnt and copy and paste the hole thing about his vision for the club

Also in the summer when I seen him gobbling up every striker he fancied left and right to join him on his transcendent journey at Liverpool, he really wants to replicate SAF, who always tried to keep 4 pretty good strikers at all times

Wittmann45

His quotes after the match today were as cringeworthy as anything he's said. And that's saying something.

Said 'we didn't lose as bad as last time so that's a positive'.

Also said it wasn't a free kick for Young's goal and that the penalty was lucky.

A big chunk of Rawk want him out.
It was such an odd interview. Began by implying that Herrera dove, then admitted that Gomez was naive for diving in like that and was at fault, and then finished by again implying that Herrera dove, or at least took advantage.

Managers lie all the time in order to take the pressure off the players; SAF was the best by bullying and blaming the ref to take the attention off his players. Brentdon was trying to do that, but he did it with so little conviction it was almost sad

Nickosaur

I'm starting to really wonder if Rodgers is the actual reason why LFC can't take the step collectively. Firmino was deployed on the right of midfield at times and Can was supposed to be the creative outlet? :houllier:
Miserable. Football is football. Shall we try and enjoy the good results when they happen?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Coutinho and Benteke are their only good players.

The others are really nothing

Emre Can hahaha
and Henderson is their only capable midfielder. For the life of me I can't understand how Simon Mignolet gets to be a premier league goalkeeper. That man can't play a pass and gifts a goal almost everytime I watch him. Same with Lovern.

Some managers have blind faith in some players like Fergie had with Fletcher and Park who ultimately proved him right but this is downright bizarre.

Sam

Did he really try and infer that Herrera dived for the penalty? :lol:

Mindhunter

I hope the Liverpool owners are not reading this page. We don't want him to leave his post. :lol:

Rafateria

He is.