Brendan Rodgers was once the manager of Liverpool Football Club...

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
It's baffling.

This is definitely the worst Liverpool squad I can remember in my lifetime. They've always had one or two top quality players, albeit usually surrounded by shite. The likes of Fowler, Owen, Gerrard, Alonso, Torres, Suarez etc.

Now they have nobody, maybe Coutinho but I don't think he's consistent enough. They're such an average side.
Everything I'm reading from them is along the lines of their squad is better than ours and this is the worst United side in their lifetime. They seem to think that by getting rid of Rodgers they will be genuine challengers. Funny, last year he was God and it wasn't just Suarez powering them to wins.

Hilarious.

Ricardo de la Vega

The majority of their fans genuinely believe that their squad is better than ours.
This is a terrible delusion they have. Their squad is awful. Well, when I say awful - I mean its top half probably - but only just about that. They have 2 good players - Coutinho and Sturridge. The rest are plodders and journeymen. Tottenham have a better squad, Palace are a better side, Everton are a better side than them, Swansea are a better side, Southampton are a better side, as are ourselves, Chelsea, Arsenal and City. 8th place would be a good year for them with that squad. 9th or 10th is more realistic for them.

Now that said - its got to be Rodgers fault. He's had what, 4 years to put the team he wants in place? He's spent £300m doing so. It is unquestionably his team so he must take responsibility if the players he has brought in are not as good as the players he let go. They've gone markedly backwards by losing their best players (Suarez and Sterling) and Gerrard as a talismanic figure (even if he wasn't good enough in the last few years really) and not replacing them with quality.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Liverpool were no threat but we didn't control the game? How do you work that out? The first half was a bore fest but we controlled it, the second half our players had more freedom and we also controlled that half. The fact you only think the second half was a bit better suggests to me that you will never be happy. Football "fans" eh?

I'll be honest, you sound disappointed that we won.
No I don't, I just don't go on an emotional rollercoaster based on a result all the time. I also don't go with the full-on negativity when we lose or draw that is all too often the case here. I also don't trash Rooney as if he was the worst player in United history.

And it's easy to work the above mentioned point out, it's not that we limited Liverpool and kept them at bay so incredibly well, their football was just terrible, in part also because they lacked their main creative force. Benteke was often the only guy for them up front, nobody was following him, they didn't offer anything going forward and that had little to nothing do with us.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
This is a terrible delusion they have. Their squad is awful. Well, when I say awful - I mean its top half probably - but only just about that. They have 2 good players - Coutinho and Sturridge. The rest are plodders and journeymen. Tottenham have a better squad, Palace are a better side, Everton are a better side than them, Swansea are a better side, Southampton are a better side, as are ourselves, Chelsea, Arsenal and City. 8th place would be a good year for them with that squad. 9th or 10th is more realistic for them.

Now that said - its got to be Rodgers fault. He's had what, 4 years to put the team he wants in place? He's spent £300m doing so. It is unquestionably his team so he must take responsibility if the players he has brought in are not as good as the players he let go. They've gone markedly backwards by losing their best players (Suarez and Sterling) and Gerrard as a talismanic figure (even if he wasn't good enough in the last few years really) and not replacing them with quality.
Come on mate. Be realistic.

Nogbadthebad

I said he was a charlatan when he started spouting off at Swansea. Most of the work there, and especially the playstyle and formation, was done before he arrived.

What is being shown now is that he really hasnt a clue how to build a squad and coherent style. Benteke is a good player, Ings and Ferminho are also decent, not world beaters but nowhere near as poor as they are being shown to be in that side. That is because hes bought players for one system, and is playing something completely different.

Other than about 8 months when suarez, sturridge and gerrard had the gumption to do their own thing, hes been doing that since he got to anfield.

I can't see him going, not for a while, I would imagine that he would have to fail to qualify for the europa this season for it to be a possibility. I also can't see the americans going for Klopp. Gary Monk is more their moneyball style.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
Klopp might very will be available for them. Dortmund fans adore the club, copied parts of their fan culture.

And it's just the club he is looking for. Definitly thinking Liverpool is the most likely destination for him.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
He's a dead man walking and he knows it - it's written all over his face. He's starting to have that look of someone who knows they've been found out and his post match analysis were the words of someone all at sea. No chance in hell of being their manager next season and possibly gone well before that.

Shame

:D

Rezyuz

I'd be absolutely disgusted if they drop him so soon. They should really give him the chance to prove himself and give him atleast 3 years.

LOL PLEASE KEEP HIM THERE

beergod

Are we on KRAP 2.0 or 3.0? Can't remember if the KRAP campaign was resurrected for Woy.

manufanatic

"crazy"
It's baffling.

This is definitely the worst Liverpool squad I can remember in my lifetime. They've always had one or two top quality players, albeit usually surrounded by shite. The likes of Fowler, Owen, Gerrard, Alonso, Torres, Suarez etc.

Now they have nobody, maybe Coutinho but I don't think he's consistent enough. They're such an average side.
I think u can say it about this United team as well comparing to 2008 to now shocking but we are improving but we have regressed as wel

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I really hope they don't get rid of him......imagine Klopp there?:(

Rafateria

The majority of their fans genuinely believe that their squad is better than ours.
No, we don't. It seems you are getting your information from the RAWK thread on RC.

What we do however believe is that this squad is a lot better than Rodgers is making them look.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
No, we don't. It seems you are getting your information from the RAWK thread on RC.

What we do however believe is that this squad is a lot better than Rodgers is making them look.
I agree with this.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Let's not pretend the game was that clearly in our favor today. If not for Blind's heroics and Martial's individual brilliance, this could've ended differently. And that was with their creative force out. With Coutinho in there, who knows what might have happened. He is massive for them and in my opinion, their best player.
Agreed. They are not as bad as we make them out to be.

Benteke might end up scoring more league goals than Rooney this season, and anyone who thinks he isn't a very good striker must be deluded. For the short duration that Sturridge will return, both of them can terrorize defences. Coutinho is a brilliant player and would walk into our first XI, and Henderson has the skill and grit to contest for a midfield spot in any of the top four sides. Mignolet, despite his last season, is a very good keeper. Clyne and Skrtl are both solid dependable defenders. Emre Can has made it to the German team for a reason, it's just that Rodgers hasn't found his best position yet. Milner always gives 110%, and is a dependable 7/10 every time. Ibe is no world-class player, but he has loads of potential for his age, just like Gomez, who, barring that penalty, has definitely had a good start to his debut campaign. Firmino looks like a waste of money, but he is early into his PL career. Give him time.

They don't have world-class players, and that's understandable given there are four bigger clubs in their own country who will get to their targets before they do. But by no means is that Liverpool squad shit. In fact I think they are favourites to finish fourth in the unlikely scenario that Chelsea continue to falter.

What Liverpool lack is a manager who can spend their limited money more wisely and in a more coherent and focused manner, and someone who can fit their players into a proper formation and tactical plan. The problem is not the team, it's Rodgers.

I really hope they don't sack him, because someone like Klopp can really transform that Liverpool side into genuine top four contenders and have them playing some attacking football.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies

Really? You know where I'm getting my information from do you? There are other places than Rawk, filled with Liverpool fans. Hth.

Rafateria

Really? You know where I'm getting my information from do you? There are other places than Rawk, filled with Liverpool fans. Hth.
And do you think the manager sends them a text to let them know the formation ? As I said, the consensus was (once the team was announced) that it was a going to be a diamond .... it wasn't, it was a 433 with WBs, which your eyes should have told you.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
And do you think the manager sends them a text to let them know the formation ? As I said, the consensus was (once the team was announced) that it was a going to be a diamond .... it wasn't, it was a 433 with WBs, which your eyes should have told you.
Wtf has this got to do with what I've said?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Klopp will be their first choice if they sack Rodgers and I am afraid that he would accept (unless one of Milan clubs makes an offer, or maybe Real Madrid).

montpelier

My first 3 out the of the XI would be Mignolet, Lovren & Skrtel. The back 3 of the olde central spine. Just seems obvious to me.

Improving your prospects straight away, and by a fair degree.

Brophs

The One and Only
I think some of the criticism is harsh but, and I've said this before on here, I can't for the life of me understand why he abandoned the style that worked for him at Swansea and why he keeps buying/players players that are woefully ill-suited to the things he wants them to do on the pitch. Mignolet, Lovren, Skrtel, Sakho are all really poor with the ball at their feet. Whether down to the committee in part, he brought in the likes of Balotelli, who didn't work hard or stretch defences in the way that the players he replaced (Suarez and Sturridge) did. Lallana was brought in seemingly without an idea of how to use him, much less any great inclination to do so. It just seems like he's spending a lot of time getting in his own way and creating the same issues that become reasons for his failure to succeed later on.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I usually judge how well Liverpool managers are doing by how much I loathe them.

Hodgson, Houllier, didn't mind them, harmless,
Benitez, Rodgers, cannot stand them.

Yes he's got a little bit of a sh!t squad at the moment, but he's being massively judged on his massive over achievement 2 years ago.

If they'd come 5th that year, he probably wouldn't be getting all this guff now.

Surely even the dumbest Pool fan can see that when you take out Suarez, Sterling and Gerrard, and have a never available Sturridge, that's a monumental hole to fill.

And we know ourselves these days how little £20-25m buys you

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Surely that would be strange timing? I mean it's not like they would expect to win at Old Trafford anyway.
True, although they'd have probably expected a bit more than the limp, uninspired performance they gave. Apart from Benteke's wonder goal, they were atrocious.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Surely that would be strange timing? I mean it's not like they would expect to win at Old Trafford anyway.
was thinking exactly this. They've won here 4-1 and 3-0, but that's probably it in about 15 years. It's a ground they very very rarely get anything at.

They're 3 points off us, and we're in, well, 3rd after Leicester won again.

The West ham game should have been by far the worrying result. West Ham at home must be the biggest consistent home banker in the last 10 years

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Again, it's a bit early in the season to be very critical of him in general. 10-12 games in we'll have a better understanding.

But I was shocked to see how cowardly he set up Liverpool yesterday. They sat back with all 10 outfield players trying to block space and basically played the way you'd expect Aston Villa too. More than the defeat that would be unacceptable for me if I was a fan. And as bad as people say his squad is, it's still better than that, and he's always struck me as a coach whose strengths are on getting his team on the ball and playing. Very odd stuff from their manager.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
But I was shocked to see how cowardly he set up Liverpool yesterday.
Like a number of Liverpool fans have remarked, I too suspect that he's setting up to avoid defeat and so keep his job rather than doing what's right for the club.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Like a number of Liverpool fans have remarked, I too suspect that he's setting up to avoid defeat and so keep his job rather than doing what's right for the club.
It's odd because despite the suprising early results this season, it just doesn't seem to be his strength as a coach. Liverpool tend to surprise me much more with their quality on the ball than their defensive acumen, even if they aren't scoring plenty.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I don't know if the name has been coined in its entirety but from here on in the (as it stands) manager of Liverpool should be known as-

Brenton Rodgson.