g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Brendan Rodgers was once the manager of Liverpool Football Club...

montpelier

He's taken 4pts from away games at Stoke, Arsenal & Utd which is pretty reasonable vs. a bad home loss to West Ham.

Some winnable home games coming up.

Bit early to be getting rid based on poor results.

Phurry

Furry Fecker
He's taken 4pts from away games at Stoke, Arsenal & Utd which is pretty reasonable vs. a bad home loss to West Ham.

Some winnable home games coming up.

Bit early to be getting rid based on poor results.
Depends if you also consider the results late last season, they're no better now even after his latest rebuilding.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
I think with fit Sturridge, Benteke, Coutinho and if Firmino get better along with decent enough Henderson, they can do much better. Their defense remains problem though and there are little signs of that getting better. In games when Rodgers tries to make defensive organization solid, his team loses creativity aspect and labours a bit. They got good results from Dec 14 till March 15 sandwiched between defeats to us but there wasn't a great flowing football. After loss to us and spanking by Arsenal, it unraveled again.

Gina11

Supports
Liverpool FC
Like a number of Liverpool fans have remarked, I too suspect that he's setting up to avoid defeat and so keep his job rather than doing what's right for the club.
It's the last days of Gérard Houllier all over again. And unlike with Houllier, who won things and was never the same after his surgery, I've got very little sympathy with Rodgers. Even when Luis Suarez had us flying, I could never warm to the man.

The worst thing, for me, is he's doing so many of our players such a disservice.

Now if only Real would hurry up and sack their useless manager for marrying such a damn fine cook.

clarkydaz

maybe he will bother playing a full strength side in Europa this year? Playing the reserves at Madrid away in the CL was pure gold, I wont let it be forgotten

montpelier

Depends if you also consider the results late last season, they're no better now even after his latest rebuilding.
Must agree with that. But he needed to rebuild the triangle of Migs-Lovren-Skrtel too.

His forward buys have potential? + mark for Benteke anyway.

I just pose the question does he not get a fresh start this season? And then he's out when results are 'OK' after only a few games.

Really unfair :(.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
maybe he will bother playing a full strength side in Europa this year? Playing the reserves at Madrid away in the CL was pure gold, I wont let it be forgotten
By far the best thing about that was the fact they played the second string because they prioritised the League game against Chelsea just a few days later.

They lost to Chelsea too :lol:

I think that rightfully pissed off a lot of Liverpool fans. They worked so hard to get back into Europe and they'll have looked forward to a big night at the Bernabeu and he didn't even give the travelling fans a single thing to enjoy about the experience.

clarkydaz

By far the best thing about that was the fact they played the second string because they prioritised the League game against Chelsea just a few days later.

They lost to Chelsea too :lol:

I think that rightfully pissed off a lot of Liverpool fans. They worked so hard to get back into Europe and they'll have looked forward to a big night at the Bernabeu and he didn't even give the travelling fans a single thing to enjoy about the experience.
and the 2nd team gave a respectable performance in the Bernabau, then dropped regardless. Outstanding management

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I think with fit Sturridge, Benteke, Coutinho and if Firmino get better along with decent enough Henderson, they can do much better. Their defense remains problem though and there are little signs of that getting better. In games when Rodgers tries to make defensive organization solid, his team loses creativity aspect and labours a bit. They got good results from Dec 14 till March 15 sandwiched between defeats to us but there wasn't a great flowing football. After loss to us and spanking by Arsenal, it unraveled again.
Problem for us is (and good reading for your lot) he will panic and find a formation which actually works. He'll probably win 8 or 9 games on the trot. Then, as he saves his job he'll go back to his 'favourite' players and try to retrofit them into unsuitable formations again setting us back another season.

Someone pointed this out in another forum and that realisation is what broke my camel's back and I lost my support for him yesterday. Its back to being a very bittersweet time supporting Liverpool, the boom bust cycle if you will, where I want him to go on a good run to keep us high in the table but not at the chance of saving his job. I want Klopp in asap, as do 99.9% of fans now.

Minimalist

I'll be disappointed if Liverpool get Klopp. Really wanted him to be at least in the mix to succeed Van Gaal.

clarkydaz

Problem for us is (and good reading for your lot) he will panic and find a formation which actually works. He'll probably win 8 or 9 games on the trot. Then, as he saves his job he'll go back to his 'favourite' players and try to retrofit them into unsuitable formations again setting us back another season.

Someone pointed this out in another forum and that realisation is what broke my camel's back and I lost my support for him yesterday. Its back to being a very bittersweet time supporting Liverpool, the boom bust cycle if you will, where I want him to go on a good run to keep us high in the table but not at the chance of saving his job. I want Klopp in asap, as do 99.9% of fans now.
the boom bust cycle didn't come mid September

this is the Brenton bust cycle :D

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Liverpool fans have been turning on Rodgers for a while, he will be gone at the end of the season if not before.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool fans have been turning on Rodgers for a while, he will be gone at the end of the season if not before.
We need it to be asap. Ancelloti will probably never consider us and Chelsea could be looking at Klopp for when Mourinho walks over to PSG. January at the latest.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Hearing rumors he's on his way to Boston and will be sacked in the morning.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
If Rodgers does go, you can start the KKAP - Keek Klopp Away from Pool campaign.

Rednotdead

He's signed 17 players in the last year (well, not quite a year but over the last 3 windows) and things have only got worse for them.

United again!

He talks to big a game for those guys in the US to sack him, he's weaved a web of shit talk and you can hear it when Henry talks about him.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Does anyone really think they've got enough pull to get Klopp?

Sparky Rhiwabon

You'd like to think that Klopp would hold out for much bigger jobs in the summer.

You never know though, Liverpool are still considered a big club in some cultures.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
You'd like to think that Klopp would hold out for much bigger jobs in the summer.

You never know though, Liverpool are still considered a big club in some cultures.
I think he's waiting, yes.

Potential merrygoround next summer with Guariola kicking it off. Wouldn't be surprised to see Benitez out, Wenger finally move on, Maureen gone by then.

Not saying they'll all happen but certainly wouldn't be shocked it each did move.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I think he's waiting, yes.

Potential merrygoround next summer with Guariola kicking it off. Wouldn't be surprised to see Benitez out, Wenger finally move on, Maureen gone by then.

Not saying they'll all happen but certainly wouldn't be shocked it each did move.
Yes. We don't need to worry about all this though as our next manager is already in the dugout.

fatboy

Liverpool might just turn out to be the kind of "project" that Klopp is looking for. The man wants a challenge, and helping them win their league title in XX years might be a tempting enough challenge. Really hope it doesn't happen though.

Rafateria

And once again Klopp suggested he would prefer to take on a project suggested his destination would be “not an absolute top club, there are other good projects that are exciting who need help.”
And Klopp is still finding plenty of things to occupy his time: “I inform, read, meet a lot of people – there are ordinary little things that make great fun. I miss currently nothing. “
Klopp’s comments about the level of his next team echo those of his agent Marc Kosicke back in June when he said the Premier League was very exciting and added: “we do not only think about the top four because there are some other great clubs below them. “It is always all about the challenge.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The dream lives on, a Caine from Kung Fu type world class manager who is wandering the world with nothing but the clothes on his back and rucksack full of ancient coaching manuscripts and training bibs.

He rocks up at anfield one match day "not looking for any trouble" but quickly finds the God fearing helpless Mexican immigrant footballers that play for Liverpool are under the cosh from the evil mercenaries from Everton.

3 nil down at half time with their well meaning but woefully out of their depth manager powerless to help them, who can save them.

With a world weary sigh the mysterious figure makes his way to the home dressing room........

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
I hope to God this doesn't happen. Still harboring some small hope he finds his way to United as he'd be my dream manager. I do think that Klopp would be intrigued by the challenge of starting over at Liverpool. He strikes me as a romantic in the best sense of the word.

montpelier

Jamie Redknapp reckons 'more time' for Brendan to 'solve the issues'. Although Klopp is 'the elephant in the room'. And he points out, LFC have only 1 CL qualification in the last 6 years.

Excellent stuff from the renownedly shrewd pundit.

KRAP

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
I read that there's a chance Klopp is in for the Holland job.

But back to Rodgers, didn't he say something along the lines of anyone can set up ten men behind the ball to defend?

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
In Liverpool's last 14 league games they've got 36% of the points possible (15 from 42).

3 draws. 4 wins. 7 losses. Scored 12 and conceded 24.

In that run they played:
14/15 - Utd, Arsenal, Newcastle, WBA, QPR, Hull, Chelsea, Palace, Stoke
15/16 - Stoke, Bournemouth, Arsenal, West Ham and Utd.

Last edited:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I can't believe he has a solid defender like Sakho on the bench yet insist on playing Lovren because he paid £20m for him and cannot accept that it was money wasted.

He will probably change system and they will get better results in a couple of months which in turn will make people praise him up to the sky, even though they could have already got better results if he fitted system to his players rather than the other way around. He overcomplicates things a lot with his formation shuffling and team selections.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I can't believe he has a solid defender like Sakho on the bench yet insist on playing Lovren because he paid £20m for him and cannot accept that it was money wasted.
The funny thing is, he paid near that for Sakho too.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
The funny thing is, he paid near that for Sakho too.
Paid £25m for Sakho and Ilori. I don't think Ilori has made any sort of impact yet but he's also very young.

£50m spent on defenders and they still have Skrtel and Lovren lining up.