Brendan Rodgers was once the manager of Liverpool Football Club...

finneh

was thinking exactly this. They've won here 4-1 and 3-0, but that's probably it in about 15 years. It's a ground they very very rarely get anything at.

They're 3 points off us, and we're in, well, 3rd after Leicester won again.

The West ham game should have been by far the worrying result. West Ham at home must be the biggest consistent home banker in the last 10 years
To be honest they've been diabolical all season apart from the first half against Arsenal. They've scored 3 goals, 2 of which were absolute wonder goals that you'd expect maybe 5-6 over the course on the entire season and one was about 5 yards offside. Likewise they've conceded 6 which should really have been 8; the Arsenal and Bournemouth goals ruled out against them were horrendous decisions.

In a "normal" season they'd be rock bottom, sat on maybe 1 point (against Stoke) with 0 goals for and 8 goals against. If the owners are actually watching the games they'll be well within their rights to pull the trigger.

montpelier

I do wonder about Brendan.

It might depend on your management style - you'd probably have to have plenty of previous for being right.

But surely, after the WHU debacle of a performance from Lovren, he has to get left out, just for overall levels of squad trust / sanity. What must the rest of the group think? (one could ask, were one a pretentious ponce)

Similarly, if he's advocating death by football to the opposition, starting from deep in defence, wouldn't you be asking if this really involves passing the ball to Simon and expecting him to 'deal with it' - the worst case scenario for individual players being that the Migno Legend then deals with it via an attempt to execute a clever little return pass..... ''you're talking shit, Boss'' is what they are murmuring at the back, imo, esp if they can't get in the team cos some clueless twat is boldly step-overing his way towards halfway when they're already behind due to defensive mishap.

That's what I find myself wondering, anyway. He must stay, obv.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
F365 article:

His failures are well documented and extensive but it boils down to this: Brendan, look at the team, look at who they are and how they play. That tells us everything about you. Saturday told us everything about you. You can’t dress it up as a philosophy and you’re making yourself look stupid by doing so.

I wish you were actually just talking rubbish in order to get the sack and a huge pay-off. But you’re not, are you? You believe in the nonsense.
Saturday told us everything about you…:
http://www.football365.com/news/saturday-told-us-everything-about-you

Rafateria

I can't believe he has a solid defender like Sakho on the bench yet insist on playing Lovren because he paid £20m for him and cannot accept that it was money wasted.

He will probably change system and they will get better results in a couple of months which in turn will make people praise him up to the sky, even though they could have already got better results if he fitted system to his players rather than the other way around. He overcomplicates things a lot with his formation shuffling and team selections.
Neither can we. But Lovren was his signing and Sakho the 'committee's'. It's turned into a one-man pissing contest. I wouldn't be against giving a run of games to a Clyne - Gomez - Sakho - Flanno back line when the latter comes back in a month or two. Can't be worse than Skrtel - Lovren.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Neither can we. But Lovren was his signing and Sakho the 'committee's'. It's turned into a one-man pissing contest. I wouldn't be against giving a run of games to a Clyne - Gomez - Sakho - Flanno back line when the latter comes back in a month or two. Can't be worse than Skrtel - Lovren.
Does anybody know this for certain or is it all media speculation? Also do we know this sort of info on others signings since he took over.

Phurry

Furry Fecker
'You know we've missed out on a couple of signings. I'm basically left with no option to have a bit of a gamble.' Brendan paused before he spoke again: 'The gamble is Mario Balotelli.'
Wasn't Mario supposed to have been a signing of the mythical transfer community?

Guy

Has Rogers or will Rogers ever enter the 'Hodgson phase' of being a Liverpool manager, where he is doing so much damage that we and other rival teams openly hope he stays on?

Part of me thinks he has lead them in circles, but they are also not long off their first proper title challenge in years.

mav_9me

Has Rogers or will Rogers ever enter the 'Hodgson phase' of being a Liverpool manager, where he is doing so much damage that we and other rival teams openly hope he stays on?

Part of me thinks he has lead them in circles, but they are also not long off their first proper title challenge in years.
He is almost there with regards to Hodgson phase. I don't know how much damage he is doing but rivals openly are hoping now that he stays on.

Yeah but that was a year and a Suarez ago with almost all the signings since then being flops/not hits other than maybe Benteke and Clyne.

Thisistheone

Just seen this on Twitter. Currently on a worse run than Hodgson:

Not really sure what Lambert has got to do with it but still grim reading for Brent.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Lambert is there as a fairly astonishing low watermark.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
I'm not getting that Hodgsonesque vibe to be fair but then again I'm an outsider as such. Rodgers seems to go through this "phase" every season it seems. He's not an elite manager I think its fair to say. Liverpool will be fine, no worse than last season at least. If that's what they've become I don't know but they did sell another star player this Summer and will probably fail to keep their next one.

Raw

their two CBs are not of the top quality are they?

An area they did not address in the summer.
Skrtel isn't the same as he used to be but the decision to bench Sakho for Lovren is baffling. Liverpool actually had a decent defensive record in 2015 up until we beat them at Anfield. I don't think their CB situation is of high priority if they actually start Sakho.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
It does sound like the majroity of 'Pool fans want him out (someone can correct me if I'm wrong) now... think it's only a matter of time.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Skrtel isn't the same as he used to be but the decision to bench Sakho for Lovren is baffling. Liverpool actually had a decent defensive record in 2015 up until we beat them at Anfield. I don't think their CB situation is of high priority if they actually start Sakho.
fair point.

I will reserve judgement until they get Sturridge and Coutniho or whatever the arses name is playing together.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Few matches like that and it'll become something close to Moyes' situation. Some of his interviews are already touching the event horizon of insanity.

Still too early in the season to fully unleash the judgement day but even RAWK brigade can sometimes draw the line at certain point.

Red Dreams

Few matches like that and it'll become something close to Moyes' situation. Some of his interviews are already touching the event horizon of insanity.
he articulates very poorly..we all know that.

Mind you I was not overjoyed with how we played either..especially in the first half...we controlled the match..they were dire..we looked clueless..until Young came on.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
I'll be surprised if he makes it to Christmas to be honest. You don't want to go into another transfer window with this muppet buying the players.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
he articulates very poorly..we all know that.

Mind you I was not overjoyed with how we played either..especially in the first half...we controlled the match..they were dire..we looked clueless..until Young came on.
Indeed we have our own problems in the backyard but fortunately we didn't splash the cash for Lallana and few other questionable talents plus they were without Hendo, Coutinho and Sturridge who maybe will play someday but having such overload of attacking players they should try put pressure on us.

We would think the amount of cash splashed on Firmino would fill the creative role after their best player's red card but it seems like Rodgers was still afraid to attack even with so many new strikers on board.

I don't think Rodgers have something to lose now and that may ironically be helpful to him. He'll be forced to take risks but it was also his duty to prepare his defense better for the season which so far he didn't. Maybe that's the real cause of his apathy when it comes to braver football.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
They'll improve I think. Benteke is a good signing. Coutinho is very good. Firminho will improve with time, and Milner will be decent for them. He needs to drop lovren though, and play players in their correct positions.

Red Dreams

They'll improve I think. Benteke is a good signing. Coutinho is very good. Firminho will improve with time, and Milner will be decent for them. He needs to drop lovren though, and play players in their correct positions.
agree. Their fans are such drama queens.

personally I would be happy if he is sacked. A new manager will take time to get his 'team'...

disruption and destruction....

ahhh.. those lovable scousers.

Nogbadthebad

their two CBs are not of the top quality are they?

An area they did not address in the summer.

I was still laughing at half time about Neville's destruction of those two. '"someone needs to explain to them and the manager, they are just not good on the ball, stop trying to be"

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
It does sound like the majroity of 'Pool fans want him out (someone can correct me if I'm wrong) now... think it's only a matter of time.
Right about majority of us wanting him out (close to a majority at least) but I don't think it's a matter time. I'd say it was approaching a majority view that he should be sacked in the summer but he was heavily backed by the owners instead.

waza7111

A few of their problems-

1. Money wasted on poor signings
  2. Awful Goalkeeper
  3. Terrible centre backs
  4. Players playing out of position
  5. Constant changing of formation

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Right about majority of us wanting him out (close to a majority at least) but I don't think it's a matter time. I'd say it was approaching a majority view that he should be sacked in the summer but he was heavily backed by the owners instead.
Would be bizarre to sack him now after giving him the money in the summer