Brian Brobbey

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
From the YouTube videos I watched of him Brobbey reminded me of Lukaku in which case it’s a no from me, didn’t Ajax let him go in the first place because of how ‘un-Ajax’ he is as a striker ? Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m sure I’ve seen or read that.
No, Brobbey left Ajax on a free when Ajax wanted him to sign a new deal.

I think he's still far off PL level. Might not even get there. His finishing is average, Lukaku's finishing is much better (also when he was younger). Brobbey's heading is pretty poor.

What makes him unique is his strength and pace combination. He's fast for a guy with his strength. That is quite comparable to Lukaku. But as mentioned his finishing is definitely worse. On the other hand his technical skills are better because he's used to play as a target man rather than just a finisher.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Ten Hag asked him whether he was open to joining United, but Brobbey only wanted to return to Ajax.. He wont leave for at least 2 years now, very sure about that..
If Ten Hag comes asking in the winter with 60 million and thrice the salary, will he really say no? Can hardly imagine..

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
If Ten Hag comes asking in the winter with 60 million and thrice the salary, will he really say no? Can hardly imagine..
Well you never know for sure ofcourse, but he mentioned when he came back he really wanted to come back to Ajax, missed Ajax, the people, Amsterdam... Wanted to mean something for Ajax, both in terms of prizes and and transfermoney.. I dont think he will leave quickly..

Nick7

Ten Hag asked him whether he was open to joining United, but Brobbey only wanted to return to Ajax.. He wont leave for at least 2 years now, very sure about that..
Yeah, he very clearly wants to get his career back on track after the disastrous transfer to Leipzig. It's in everyone's best interests that he stays at Ajax for another while.

SAFMUTD

From the little I've seen from him I haven't seen anything that makes me think he's special or has the potential to be. He seems a really average striker.

Stadjer

From the little I've seen from him I haven't seen anything that makes me think he's special or has the potential to be. He seems a really average striker.
His strenght and speed at a young age made him special. That still makes him special in the Eredivisie. Needs to develop in other aspects if he wants to become a top striker. He is at the perfect place to develop though.

Should never have left Ajax. If he stayed at Ajax i dont think they would have bought Haller and instead Brobbey would have a full Eredivisie season and some CL experience to help his development.

Erik the Red

Yeah, he very clearly wants to get his career back on track after the disastrous transfer to Leipzig. It's in everyone's best interests that he stays at Ajax for another while.
He made a mistake to chase money when he left Ajax the first time, and when ETH came calling in the summer, he realised that he is not ready yet to be our starting number 9. Sitting on the bench as a second or third choice striker can be a very bad career move for a young striker. He made the mature choice to allow himself to develop out of the spotlight (a bit like Haaland choosing Dortmund over us). He also made it clear on more than one occasion that his dream is to play for Utd, and he has a good relationship with ETH, so if we want him, I think he is ours for the taking whenever he is ready (Ajax / fee permitting).

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
His strenght and speed at a young age made him special. That still makes him special in the Eredivisie. Needs to develop in other aspects if he wants to become a top striker. He is at the perfect place to develop though.

Should never have left Ajax. If he stayed at Ajax i dont think they would have bought Haller and instead Brobbey would have a full Eredivisie season and some CL experience to help his development.
This is not what happened.. Brobbey decided to leave áfter Ajax bought Haller.. The coming of Haller actually played a part in his reasoning to move on at the time.

Skills

Snitch
Why did he leave Ajax to only end up back there 6 months later? So weird

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Why did he leave Ajax to only end up back there 6 months later? So weird
He realised he made a mistake. Young kid influenced by Raiola and his eyes for money. True Ajax got Haller, but Brobbey didnt renew his contract long before Ajax got Haller. Raiola led him to money, his salary at Leipzig was absurd and he had even less chances for playing time.