Brian Brobbey

croadyman

Now this is a cheap signing I would want United to make and when especially the manager wants him. This guy isn’t Bebe who only started playing professional football two months ago when Fergie mysteriously signed him
Just get very upfront useless lump vibes

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
His name sounds like something I’d say if I was trying to give a false name to a policeman and panicked.

croadyman

Forget De Jong and let's go all in for Antony on RW and Schick as CF, certainly wouldn't sign this guy that's for sure

Waynne

Name sounds like if you had peanut butter stuck to the roof of your mouth.

Kxng Ander

Forget De Jong and let's go all in for Antony on RW and Schick as CF, certainly wouldn't sign this guy that's for sure
You sir are a man that understands what needs to be done.

We'd be better off going back in time and never selling Lukaku than this guy from what I see. This is Manchester United, come on man.

Yakuza_devils

He looks overweight at 20 (albeit from YouTube videos). He will struggle with weight issues later on in his career.

Ted Lasso

He looks overweight at 20 (albeit from YouTube videos). He will struggle with weight issues later on in his career.
There's a shirtless photo of him a few pages back in this thread. Might be from his Instagram.

Nothing to worry about

SoulSurvivor

Supports
Ajax
Don't understand the jokes. Most Ajax fans would love to see Brobbey back at the club.
He was a highly rated striker in the Youth Academy. And he's still only 20.

He fits our system perfectly, and knows the club in and out.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
Don't understand the jokes. Most Ajax fans would love to see Brobbey back at the club.
He was a highly rated striker in the Youth Academy. And he's still only 20.

He fits our system perfectly, and knows the club in and out.
I like him back at the club as well; but not for 20m. He is suited for Ajax cause he knows the club and the style of play. He has talent, but I'm not convinced that he'll ever have a major international break through, because he also has limitations and if he doesn't develop them he won't be much more than a Eredivisie striker. 20m is way too much money, especially given the fact he was a youth product.

I'd also be happy if we tried another option and honestly I'd rather take Suarez back on a free and then have another year to find a young striker for the future or take Brobbey back for a reasonable fee after he's been on the bench for another year.

cabbs1989

There is literally no links to schick I don’t understand why people think we have a chance to sign him, just wait to see what happens

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
Mirror reporting he's snubbed us... I don't seem to be able to force any tears...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-ten-hag-transfer-27500045
Of course he did. He realised he made a big mistake by leaving Ajax last year and chase the money. He is a lucky guy to get a second chance at Ajax. He is obviously not ready for United yet. Whether he will ever be, remains to be seen.

He needs to develop and there's no better place than his childhood club where he knows what's expected from him and where he knows he will get chances. United would be yet another stupid move. Ajax paid a ridiculous fee for an own youth product, but it is what it is. You win some and you lose some.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Can't believe Ajax actually went back for him after his shenanigans last year with his agent, they don't strike me as a club quick to forgive.

Perhaps him being an Amsterdam kid swung it.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
Can't believe Ajax actually went back for him after his shenanigans last year with his agent, they don't strike me as a club quick to forgive.

Perhaps him being an Amsterdam kid swung it.
He's a very likeable guy. He has a good relationship with the people inside the club. I think it helped that he seemed to genuinely regret his choice quite quickly. Most of the time, these players are 'sorry' after 4 years, when their contract only runs for another year and then they suddenly are open to returning. Of course, then it's also very beneficial for them to get another long term contract. Brobbey was really keen on returning after 6 months (and probably acknowledged this even faster in private). Also after the season Brobbey was clear that he wanted a permanent move back. He still had 4 years left on his deal and I'm pretty sure he won't earn as much money back at Ajax as what Leipzig was paying him. Wouldn't even be suprised if Ajax made him pay a part of the fee either.

Ajax in general definitely won't / shouldn't be so forgiving, but this was just an exceptional case. On the other side Ajax also had an incentive because it needed a young striker for the long term. Obviously he is rated within the club. Therefore this all added up and Ajax was willing to be forgiving in this case.

NLunited

He‘s highly rated by Ajax and Ten Hag, what more do you need to know? Good chance he will have a breakout season.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Said in an interview United are his dream club and the 8-2 win over Arsenal is his favourite match of all time.

Cheeky bit at Christmas?

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Said in an interview United are his dream club and the 8-2 win over Arsenal is his favourite match of all time.

Cheeky bit at Christmas?
I'm not sure if Utd will want to bend over for Ajax again so soon :lol:

davidmichael

From the YouTube videos I watched of him Brobbey reminded me of Lukaku in which case it’s a no from me, didn’t Ajax let him go in the first place because of how ‘un-Ajax’ he is as a striker ? Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m sure I’ve seen or read that.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Didnt he turn us down in the summer?
Ten Hag asked him whether he was open to joining United, but Brobbey only wanted to return to Ajax.. He wont leave for at least 2 years now, very sure about that..