Brian Brobbey

The Urban Goose

I don't need to know any more than that last line if true... Heskey was the (very, very) poor man's Lukaku. Liverpool were almost as much a laughing stock during his time there as we are now
That’s unfair on Heskey, the only difference is Emile knew his limitations and stayed humble.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
It's not a bad idea at all. The youtube scouts here talk of finding "hiddem gems" but won't settle for anything less than prime Messi.
He moved to Germany and he failed there. So he is hardly a hidden gem

VanDeBank

Ma’am
The guy(Brobbeast) is a someone that has zero knowledge or has zero selfknowedge about his future career. Went on a free transfer to Leipzig from Ajax youth. Hé didn’t want to sign a new contract at Ajax. Then after a couple weeks in (a bit racist) East Germany, he went crying for a transfer back to Ajax. Ajax took him on a loan for the second half of the season. This summer he wants to go back to Ajax and Leipzig’s asking price is at a minimum fee of 15m€. And Ajax are willing to pay it. A boy who came to the ranks of the academie. WTH/F
I don't see the relevance in bringing up racism in east germany, unless you have a source this was an issue for Brobbey?
He didn't get meaningful game time and was even subbed off in the 44th minute of the first half.

Ajax had just broken their transfer record for Haller, so he must've felt he didn't have a future. You could say it was a silly Raiola move from a career perspective, but then again, he did get a raise.

Yakuza_devils

It's one thing signing all our players from Eredivise and another thing altogether signing player not even good enough for Eredivise.

Aeryis

Everyone is going to be so disappointed when they find out that ETH is no miracle worker. Apparently he can turn any dogshit player into prime Dinho be it our own player or an Ajax player.

Exactly. I said it before, so many people here think an "attacking coach" is some magic wand for mediocre or/and technically deficient players. I'm seeing people thinking McTominay will flourish under ten Hag after 3 years of terrible midfield performances. Maybe all AWB needed was an attacking coach to solve his passing during his mid-20s? Fans and the club will find out the hard way that even good attacking coaches also need good and balanced squads.

That is after all, going under the assumption ETH is good enough for the premier league.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Exactly. I said it before, so many people here think an "attacking coach" is some magic wand for mediocre or/and technically deficient players. I'm seeing people thinking McTominay will flourish under ten Hag after 3 years of terrible midfield performances. Maybe all AWB needed was an attacking coach to solve his passing during his mid-20s? Fans and the club will find out the hard way that even good attacking coaches also need good and balanced squads.

That is after all, going under the assumption ETH is good enough for the premier league.
Tbf. Only Pep was a sure thing. And even Klopp had plenty of doubters.

Chairman Steve

If he was in his mid-20s and worth £30m, I could understand the frustration in the thread, but he’s barely turned 20 and he’s worth peanuts in today’s market. ETH seemed to get a tune out of him at Ajax on both stints. On this loan return, he scored three goals in his first two matches back, then got an MCL injury that kept him out for about a month. He did finish the season strongly though and scored some goals.

Judas

Open to offers
What is the feeling on him on say an Ajax forum or reddit? I'm looking for a crumb of comfort because I am still struggling to get excited about this one.

Bondi77

It would be daylight robbery if Ajax manage to get a fee out of us for him!

Telsim

I'm gone for a short while and come back to see this...

Brian Brobbey :lol: Ten Hag having a laugh?

bringbackbebe

He moved to Germany and he failed there. So he is hardly a hidden gem
Salah failed in Chelsea, didn't he? Failures are common place if the player is a bad fit in a system that doesn't accommodate him. If we have a system we want to play and this is the sort of player who fits into that system, I see no reason for him to be individually brilliant as long as he plays his role well.

Mmm-Qatarian

What is the feeling on him on say an Ajax forum or reddit? I'm looking for a crumb of comfort because I am still struggling to get excited about this one.
I've seen some Ajax fans who say there's something to him. On Reddit, quite a few of them seemed fairly keen on him returning to the team on a purely footballing basis.

The big concern about him from quite a few of the Ajax fans appears to be a lack of first-team experience; he really hasn't played much at the highest level.

Lee565

Hopefully this is purely just lazy journalism because imagine buying a striker that was back up to haller for ajax in the Dutch league, such a transfer to our club would be obertan level of underwhelming, though just like the Obertan signing I'm sure there would be plenty of fans actually believing that we have a hidden a gem on our hands that will transform into a world class superstar.

Jaae

Not ITK
This guy is destined to become the Michael Jordan of soccer. Quote me. We MUST sign him if at all possible.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
He actually looks like the kind of Premier League forward who would put in a world class performance against us and then do nothing for the rest of the season.

Abraxas

His goalscoring record is alright overall. However a lot is at youth level where these types of strikers have a big advantage that probably wouldn't be there in the PL. Some of his play looks awkward which worries me because despite what people say it's hard to seriously develop touch, dribbling etc at 20.

The weird thing about the signing is it's a bit wishy-washy. He's not an outright youth player. He's not a Ronaldo replacement or serious competition. He offers something different, yes, but whether that's worth throwing 13 million at during a tight summer seems questionable.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Salah failed in Chelsea, didn't he? Failures are common place if the player is a bad fit in a system that doesn't accommodate him. If we have a system we want to play and this is the sort of player who fits into that system, I see no reason for him to be individually brilliant as long as he plays his role well.
That's not the point though. The guy had played for Leipzig and Ajax. These are two decent clubs who play in the CL on a regular basis. He's no hidden gem. Regarding failure well there's a slight difference between Leipzig and Chelsea. For example Werner looked like Pele with Leipzig but he's shit with Chelsea. Brobbey was shit with Leipzig but somehow we're expecting him to be good in the EPL

Ajaxsuarez

Supports
Ajax
I don't see the relevance in bringing up racism in east germany, unless you have a source this was an issue for Brobbey?
He didn't get meaningful game time and was even subbed off in the 44th minute of the first half.

Ajax had just broken their transfer record for Haller, so he must've felt he didn't have a future. You could say it was a silly Raiola move from a career perspective, but then again, he did get a raise.
Ajax had been trying to extend his contract for a year before Haller was signed.

Ajaxsuarez

Supports
Ajax
Hopefully this is purely just lazy journalism because imagine buying a striker that was back up to haller for ajax in the Dutch league, such a transfer to our club would be obertan level of underwhelming, though just like the Obertan signing I'm sure there would be plenty of fans actually believing that we have a hidden a gem on our hands that will transform into a world class superstar.
tbf Brobbey, when fit, was more impactful than Haller in that second half of the season that they were both here. More important goals, more presence on the pitch, etc.