Brian Brobbey

hobbers

Basically a Mame Biram Diouf level of signing.

Which is alright when you've got Berbatov and Rooney about. But we don't.

Von Mistelroum

I'm sick of the shortsighted people complaining about signing this lad. Ok so he's not the Ronaldo replacement we expected and sure he's probably not going to set the PL on fire in his first season, but we'll be thankful for a player like him in his second season when we're trying to reach the Championship finals!

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
This can't be real? The Dutch/Ajax links have gone to far now.

OleGunnar20

I watched a video of his "highlights".

Good grief.
Ayye, me too. Blimey.

It's an odd one, but hey I'm sure ETH knows more about what he wants in a striker than I do.

As an aside - what must our scouts be thinking right now ? :lol: do we even have any left I wonder.

Kag

We don’t need a back up centre forward. Martial is that. We either press ahead with Ronaldo or replace him properly. This is neither here nor there.

Tavern in the town

Backup left back and backup attacking midfielder signed, now onto the backup centre forward. Some transfer window this.

Ajaxsuarez

Supports
Ajax

only brobbey clip that matters. Like the week of his 18th birthday. A 27 or whatever year old opponent got humiliated into a red card tackle

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax

only brobbey clip that matters. Like the week of his 18th birthday. A 27 or whatever year old opponent got humiliated into a red card tackle
Lets be honest here. Brobbey is not PL material yet. Might never be. Good player for Ajax but that's about it at the moment.

Ajaxsuarez

Supports
Ajax
Lets be honest here. Brobbey is not PL material yet. Might never be. Good player for Ajax but that's about it at the moment.
I barely think he's Ajax material. Scored some important goals and was a lot more involved and present than Haller, but still very limited

Rolaholic

Between him, Lisando and Antony, I'd love to have this sort of shithousery back in the squad again :lol:

One of my favorite aspects of Bruno's game is how much he riles people and opposition players up like that. We've been lacking that outside of him since we lost Herrera.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
I barely think he's Ajax material. Scored some important goals and was a lot more involved and present than Haller, but still very limited
Fair enough. I think he has potential, but not quite sure what his ceiling is. With his strenght and pace he can be a real handful for any defense. However he needs to improve his ball ball control and finishing if he really wants to be a top striker. If he doesn't then I agree he is barely Ajax material.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Struggle to believe this has any truth to it. He's nowhere near good enough.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Doesnt Ten Hah know about any players outside Netherlands?
Why would he? He's a head coach. All of his scouting was done by Ajax, overseen by Overmars.

I never expected that we were getting a guy who had a wide range of players in mind. United actually appeared to brief they were happy he wasn't that, cos they wanted to integrate him with the existing structure.

Unfortunately it seems like the existing structure is about as sturdy as a sand castle. So now we are just falling back on who he knows.

It's quite embarrassing really. I think any analyst worth their salt would be able to tell you what an Ajax or Barcelona type fullback or defensive midfielder is like. So why can't we?

Nick.

I fear that if we pursue this player it will piss off Ajax who are also targeting him as a Haller replacement.

city-puma

Is it a street football match?:lol: Sign him! The calmness he has will lead him to a legend!

Hawks2008

Lost for words at this link, he isn't championship standard. But at least he knows him or something!

arthurka

I blame Ralf for this, he said we should get younger players who would run through walls. Not some old guys who come for a last big payday. Brobbey looks like he could literally run through walls.

SAF is the GOAT

I blame Ralf for this, he said we should get younger players who would run through walls. Not some old guys who come for a last big payday. Brobbey looks like he could literally run through walls.
Brobbey reminds me "The Thing" from "The fantstic Four"

From that highlight vid, his first touch is what Lukaku can only dream about. What’s the reality then, anyone knows?
His decision making is crap. He's just not a smart player.

Last edited:

city-puma

Tbf, he doesn't look that bad in these highlights though it's clear how huge a step would be for him playing in the PL.

From that highlight vid, his first touch is what Lukaku can only dream about. What’s the reality then, anyone knows?