Brian Brobbey

Michael T

So let me get this straight, Ronaldo is leaving, but it's okay, because we're signing someone called Mr Brobbey.
The way things are going, it may just be worth checking to see if his agent is called Noel Edmonds.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Just get Mitrovic if we're going after a striker of this calibre.
Would rather this guy than Mitrovic since he’s younger. At least we might be able to sell him to Ajax for similar fees if it doesn’t work out. Look at bergwijn.

meamth

Would rather this guy than Mitrovic since he’s younger. At least we might be able to sell him to Ajax for similar fees if it doesn’t work out. Look at bergwijn.
Mitrovic is a proven goal scorer, will be very interesting how he performs with Ten Hag's system.

Brobby is always the bigger risk.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
He's a fecking unit isn't he?

I'd only hope that EtH can work some magic because he's clearly not good enough.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Mitrovic is a proven goal scorer, will be very interesting how he performs with Ten Hag's system.

Brobby is always the bigger risk.
Not at high level though so this leads Brobbey to a better investment than Mitrovic.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
He's a fecking unit isn't he?

I'd only hope that EtH can work some magic because he's clearly not good enough.
Everyone is going to be so disappointed when they find out that ETH is no miracle worker. Apparently he can turn any dogshit player into prime Dinho be it our own player or an Ajax player.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
How much would he cost?
He is only 20 and scored a few goals last season, maybe its not a bad idea to have him here.

bringbackbebe

How much would he cost?
He is only 20 and scored a few goals last season, maybe its not a bad idea to have him here.
It's not a bad idea at all. The youtube scouts here talk of finding "hiddem gems" but won't settle for anything less than prime Messi.

Sid234

So many of our fans are big hypocrites.

They spend so much time whinging about the team not backing the manager, and getting him the players he wants.

But when we get linked to someone that is not a hyped up or a popular name in the market, the same folks start kicking up a fuss about us being desperate and signing bad players as a result.

If EtH wants Brobbey and he's gonna cost <15m, why not?
Lets be honest - If this transfer really happens, it's cause EtH wants him and not becuase the scouts forced this on the manager. So I don't see why us fans should have an issue with it

Ted Lasso

There's very little of him available online in highlights. If the manager thinks he's got what it takes having spent a few weeks training Rashford and Martial, I'm all for it.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
For such a small fee (in today’s climate at least), there is absolutely no harm having a proper striker in our ranks, especially if Ronaldo leaves. The jury is still out on Martial and Rashford, in regards to their consistency, quality and actual best position.

Having a player that Ten Hagg had worked with and trusts for 20m, could end being a good bit of business.

People who slate him are probably ones who have never seen him before, which I don’t admit I have, or ones who forever reason expect us to sign a more established striker. Unfortunately, any decent striker does not seem to want out from anywhere so even if we wanted a player like Schick we’d have to pay >£65m for minimum I imagine.

Marcus

No risk transfer. Fills the gap with Cavani and Ronaldo gone to have a striker who can hold up play.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
This can't be real? The Dutch/Ajax links have gone to far now.
This is already starting to feel a bit like one of those failed Barca experiments where they buy 10 Dutch players and get nowhere and then find the next big thing in the next wave of talent once they realise it wasn’t really going anywhere. I love ETH and I think he really won’t take any shite but still. These targets just seem kind of…off

Andersonson

Why would he? He's a head coach. All of his scouting was done by Ajax, overseen by Overmars.

I never expected that we were getting a guy who had a wide range of players in mind. United actually appeared to brief they were happy he wasn't that, cos they wanted to integrate him with the existing structure.

Unfortunately it seems like the existing structure is about as sturdy as a sand castle. So now we are just falling back on who he knows.

It's quite embarrassing really. I think any analyst worth their salt would be able to tell you what an Ajax or Barcelona type fullback or defensive midfielder is like. So why can't we?
If Ten Han and his staff dont know players around Europe his tenure here is gonna be short.

But it looks like that anyway, unless the recruitment steps up big time

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Doesnt Ten Hah know about any players outside Netherlands?
The better question would be WTF the football side of our board do. Our scouting department seems not existent and by the amount of signings we've made so far, they don't seem working hard on that either.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Im starting to have doubts. I understand he needs players who can pass the ball, be press resistant and work as hard as hell. He can trust these linked players to put in the km but are they actually good enough? I’m really not sure. One or two I think would be totally cool but this is a huge gamble now if things proceed in the same way. It’s just so… meh, especially if we fail on FDJ. I just hope he’s as good of a coach as he’s supposed to be.

I also can’t wait to see what Pereira looks like in preseason for Fullham. They are going to be amazed at what you can get for 10 million quid these days until about half way through the season. Honestly though. This lad is talented. He just needs more games in a role that suits him and he’ll come good. He’s clearly got technique. I think he’ll be a good mid table player from now on. He looked so bloody good as a youngster. I thought he might have WC potential. He was always at least a PL player.

Last edited:

Andersonson

The better question would be WTF the football side of our board do. Our scouting department seems not existent and by the amount of signings we've made so far, they don't seem working hard on that either.
We dont know, they might have given several reports about players, but the board and manager doesnt want them. It's more likely we're going for players that the manager has asked for.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Isn't this the guy that left Ajax for free (Raiola was his agent...) only to return a year later on loan?

If he was willing to shaft the club that molded him then God help us, he's represented by Raiolas cronies which makes him a hard pass, said the same about Haaland who's actually world class too.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
We dont know, they might have given several reports about players, but the board and manager doesnt want them. It's more likely we're going for players that the manager has asked for.
If we're obeying the manager blindly then we might as well do away of the DOF, the scouts etc. It also gives the manager the impression that he can get away with anything which means that things will automatically degenerate if and when the club decides to say no. That happened under LVG and Moyes as well. You'll expect that the new and improved Manchester United would learn from those mistakes

afatzp

ETH seems like a post man upfront to occupy space and in this regard Brobbey would be even a better option than Ronaldo. His finishing is crap and no doubt about it , but I sense his presence would light up Rashford, Sancho, and Bruno. If so, why not give it a try ? Just 15M , Amad has cost twice about that and produce nothing. It can't be worse.

btw, he reminds me a bit of Heskey .

The Urban Goose

Worth a punt at that price if depth is needed. Highly doubt he'll be a long term first choice though.
Honestly. We apparently quibble over €5-10m for a player as important as FDJ, but then piss €20m up the wall on a punt who is clearly inferior to players we already have.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
The real question this summer is are we going to sign more than one player I've ever heard of?!

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
ETH seems like a post man upfront to occupy space and in this regard Brobbey would be even a better option than Ronaldo. His finishing is crap and no doubt about it , but I sense his presence would light up Rashford, Sancho, and Bruno. If so, why not give it a try ? Just 15M , Amad has cost twice about that and produce nothing. It can't be worse.

btw, he reminds me a bit of Heskey .
I don't need to know any more than that last line if true... Heskey was the (very, very) poor man's Lukaku. Liverpool were almost as much a laughing stock during his time there as we are now

snaz

Supports
DvB, RvP, Sneijder and Cantona
The guy(Brobbeast) is a someone that has zero knowledge or has zero selfknowedge about his future career. Went on a free transfer to Leipzig from Ajax youth. Hé didn’t want to sign a new contract at Ajax. Then after a couple weeks in (a bit racist) East Germany, he went crying for a transfer back to Ajax. Ajax took him on a loan for the second half of the season. This summer he wants to go back to Ajax and Leipzig’s asking price is at a minimum fee of 15m€. And Ajax are willing to pay it. A boy who came to the ranks of the academie. WTH/F

Last edited: