Brian Kidd

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
The Sun are reporting that Mourinho wants him to join him in his backroon staff.

Obviously a United legend but having spent a few years at City now would you welcome him back?

ReDDHDevilS

No. Don't want him back and I'm not sure if he's that good either.
Would rather have G. Neville or Rio.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Club legend. But seeing him celebrate City's wins with the same enthusiasm as he showed jumping onto his knees beside Fergie in 1993 as made him hard to like.

That may be irrational though. It was his job after all, in football you have to throw yourself completely behind your employers and we expect nothing less of any of our employees. Still, can't help how I feel about him.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
Couldn't care less he's been with City. Kiddo has history with both Manchester clubs and is sound. Would love to see him back if Jose wants him on board.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
The Sun claimed this news the week that Mourinho was appointed, but it didn't seem to stretch further than The Sun and Talksport - who were quoting The Sun, and it was never mentioned again. No one else seemed to run with it, as far as I could see.

Seems to have been reignited by The Sun due to Giggs' exit, with The Sun now adding Kidd didn't want to step on Giggs' toes or whatever. Not sure how genuine it really is. Just seems like a story to push on the back of Giggs leaving.

Didn't realise he was 67. He's aged remarkably well, has Kidd. Look at that head of hair. Top class genetics. Sign him up.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He's a red. camt understand people who have this irrational dislike for him cause he's been at City. What do they expect? He has a family to feed.
I also don't think Fergie treated him fairly.

gav81

I heard a rumor about Roy Keane not too long ago, is that not happening?
There was talk of Keano being assistant manager under van Gaal and even rumours he was on the shortlist for manager prior to the Mourinho confirmation. I think he would do a fantastic job and is the most Fergie-esque option out there in my opinion. But since he has just signed a new contract with Ireland it doesn't seem like anything will happen this season.

I don't know what to think about the reports on Kidd coming back. Obviously he has tainted his United memory by going to City. At the same time I accept he's a good coach and had a hand in the Class of 92. So, I'm not fussed either way.

stevoc

He's a red. camt understand people who have this irrational dislike for him cause he's been at City. What do they expect? He has a family to feed.
How so?

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Fergie wrote in his book how Kidd was unsuited for management, didn't he? At a time when Kidd was struggling with Blackburn.

Also, I have zero issues with his celebrating City's wins and triumphs as their manager. He's from a time where relationship between City and United were more cordial, isn't he? Besides, United have a Scouse as captain and the match going fans don't have an issue with that. Ole Solskjaer used to be a Pool fan as well. :lol:

RedPhil1957

you mean by being pissed because Kidd tried to get the club to sign John Hartson instead of York when Fergie was on holiday or by saying Kidd would not make a manager - ??!

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
He left in the middle of the season to a chairman that had an axe to grind with us for some reason, and it was the treble winning season he left in the middle of as well.

I'm not arsed about him either way but i'd rather he wasn't welcomed back.

MounchesterUtd

Could possibly be mind games from Jose? Make Pep paranoid at the thought of a long time City staff working for him :drool:

FujiVice

Ferguson never forgave him for leaving. I remember years ago David O'Leary saying that it was amazing to see Ferguson walk into the Leeds office after a game for a drink and have a full conversation with everyone there and never once even look at Brian Kidd, even though he was only a few foot away from him. It was a shame such a close relationship between them ended the way it did.

Kiddo's a club legend and came up in an era where if you went to City, they wouldnt spray "Cock Piss Partridge" on your car door. I still love him, he seems to be forgotten in the story of the development of the kids in the 90s when the story is told. Its all romantic that they got picked out of thin air and became these huge stars, but if you ask those players Kiddo was huge in their development. He was well liked by everyone at the club. If he has something to add in 2016 I'd love him back. If he doesnt, then he can stay where he is. But I've never taken it as a betrayal or that he's scum because he was at City and Leeds. He's not on £200,000 a week. A high paying job in the North West was perfect for him. I'd have him back in a heart beat if Mourinho thinks he's someone worth bringing in. I'll always love Brian Kidd.

It seems a bit of a random thing just to make up. I mean, its not really a paper selling story is it? Could be something to it. Its not like this has been plucked out of thin air. It was rumoured going back as far as May, before Jose was announced.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
great coach, would love to have him back!

no idea if their any truth to the story though, but i hope so!

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
This and the insistence in Pogba seems like Mourinho is imposing himself against Ferguson, the supposed friend who stood him up… Both are really bold moves, maybe too bold.

stevoc

Fergie wrote in his book how Kidd was unsuited for management, didn't he? At a time when Kidd was struggling with Blackburn.
Not sure of the exact timescale, but i think fergusons book came out after the 1998-99 season so Kidd might have still been in charge at Blackburn.

But even so if Ferguson is to be believed Kidd deserved some stick if he actually was spouting shit to Edwards and trying to undermine his transfer decisions behind Fergies back while he was on Holiday. He was telling Edwards we should sign Hartson instead of Yorke.

If i remember Edwards and Ferguson didn't exactly have a great working relationship at the time. A year later Edwards went against Fergusons wishes and scuppered a move for Van Der Sar by agreeing to sign Bosnich behind his back.

stu_1992

Don't forget the rumours of bringing Roy Keane in too.
Considering Keane was quoted a few weeks back as saying he found Mourinho "irritating" when he came up against him, I'd say it's highly unlikely that we'd see that.

khoazany

Ferguson never forgave him for leaving. I remember years ago David O'Leary saying that it was amazing to see Ferguson walk into the Leeds office after a game for a drink and have a full conversation with everyone there and never once even look at Brian Kidd, even though he was only a few foot away from him. It was a shame such a close relationship between them ended the way it did.

Kiddo's a club legend and came up in an era where if you went to City, they wouldnt spray "Cock Piss Partridge" on your car door. I still love him, he seems to be forgotten in the story of the development of the kids in the 90s when the story is told. Its all romantic that they got picked out of thin air and became these huge stars, but if you ask those players Kiddo was huge in their development. He was well liked by everyone at the club. If he has something to add in 2016 I'd love him back. If he doesnt, then he can stay where he is. But I've never taken it as a betrayal or that he's scum because he was at City and Leeds. He's not on £200,000 a week. A high paying job in the North West was perfect for him. I'd have him back in a heart beat if Mourinho thinks he's someone worth bringing in. I'll always love Brian Kidd.

It seems a bit of a random thing just to make up. I mean, its not really a paper selling story is it? Could be something to it. Its not like this has been plucked out of thin air. It was rumoured going back as far as May, before Jose was announced.
We definitely need someone like him to help out with our youngsters trying to break into the first team now that Giggs is gone.

He's an United legend and his time at City would only help him to have a more objective perspective on our current situation and how to improve it.Can't think of anyone more suited than him.Gary Neville maybe but doubt he want to play that role.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Fergie beat Blackburn in a midweeker that relegated Kiddo's side and in the post match Fergie claimed he didn't realize the loss sent them down.

He knew.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Fergie beat Blackburn in a midweeker that relegated Kiddo's side and in the post match Fergie claimed he didn't realize the loss sent them down.

He knew.
It was a draw....And if we won, we'd have basically won the league....We slacked off completely in that match and they should have been beaten us, easily!

For a team going for the treble, it was an awful performance

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He knows OT inside out and he's got plenty of coaching experience having served as assistant manager under so many managers including SAF. Id rather see him at OT then some pundit

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I wonder what SAF's is thinking. Jose Mourinho as manager, Mino Raiola representing 2 (possibly 3 United players) , Brian Kidd returning, Pogba returning (hopefully), Giggs had been shown the door........all we need is Rafa Benitez as director of football and Kevin Keegan as the tea lady

dogwithabone

Whether it's Kidd or someone else we will need a familiar face or two in or around the dug out.

Stretford Red1978

Club legend. But seeing him celebrate City's wins with the same enthusiasm as he showed jumping onto his knees beside Fergie in 1993 as made him hard to like.

That may be irrational though. It was his job after all, in football you have to throw yourself completely behind your employers and we expect nothing less of any of our employees. Still, can't help how I feel about him.
I know how you feel, he is a club legend and a really nice bloke but he's been tainted now he's been at City!

superdry

touched by a genius
He was my second favourite player after George when I was a kid going to OT. Can't stand him know.... I don't want him anywhere near us.

manc exile

Supports
City
I know how you feel, he is a club legend and a really nice bloke but he's been tainted now he's been at City!

you do realise that he played over 100 times for city before he was fergies assistant, why didnt that taint him?

and yes I do know he played over 200 times for us.

Red Ryan

Starter of Rubbish Threads
I think Kidd is one of several people that Fergie has stabbed in the back to sell his autobiographies. No need to say controversial unkind things about a former colleague.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
It was viewed different back in the day - the rivalry was different so you can forgive him for playing for them. He's a decent bloke. Wouldn't speak bad about United. Wouldn't speak bad about City. He might still have been at United, if he never fell out with Sir Alex but it doesn't matter so much. I would prefer someone younger like Scholes/Ferdinand/Keane etc to come in. I would like Keano just to scare the shit out of certain lads. Not in a bad way, but I want to see our lads improving and I think they need to be scared lol