Brighton and Hove Albion 22-23: A season to remember

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Interesting that Brentford is bottom of that list, when the two clubs are compared so much.
They scrapped their academy in 2016 because it was costing money and they weren't seeing any return.

They reopened it last year because the rules changed (Prem clubs now must have an academy).

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion

This is great news and puts to bed any summer transfer rumours hopefully.

bringbackbebe

If anything, it just increases his price in the market. Don't think you'll reject if someone came in with a 70-80m offer.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Good deal for both parties. He is still young and playing regularly at Brighton who are pushing for European places. He will have plenty of time to move if he ever thinks of it.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
If anything, it just increases his price in the market. Don't think you'll reject if someone came in with a 70-80m offer.
He's only 18 and more importantly journalists close to Brighton are reporting he will stay in the summer. Mac Allister and Caicedo are another matter but the club expects at least 160 million for the two of them and given that Mac Allister signed a new contract in October last year and Caicedo earlier this year, they're probably right.

With that kind of money coming in there is no need at all to cash in on Ferguson regardless of the price.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Good deal for both parties. He is still young and playing regularly at Brighton who are pushing for European places. He will have plenty of time to move if he ever thinks of it.
Agreed - he has a good team advising him and all the noises coming from the club are that he wants to stay and develop under De Zerbi for the moment.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I doubt a team is going to come with that significant of an offer and either way he’s better off staying and getting serious minutes there. I don’t see a top team guaranteeing starter spot to an 18-year old.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Hopefully he's got at the very least a clear understanding that he'll be allowed to leave should they get relegated.

AndersB

The fact the official tweet chooses to include that he has "committed his long-term future" with them feels like a way of reminding Evan and his agent what a contract is, out of fear - or knowledge - that he is feeling the temptation of a big move

DOTA

The fact the official tweet chooses to include that he has "committed his long-term future" with them feels like a way of reminding Evan and his agent what a contract is, out of fear - or knowledge - that he is feeling the temptation of a big move
:lol:

Definitely.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I guess Brighton would accept that but it wouldn’t be in the kid’s best interest to make a move like that this soon. He’s very raw and doesn’t seem close to being ready to lead the club for a mega club like United.

bringbackbebe

I guess Brighton would accept that but it wouldn’t be in the kid’s best interest to make a move like that this soon. He’s very raw and doesn’t seem close to being ready to lead the club for a mega club like United.
That is true. He'll always get a chance in a season or two. Leaving right now is a lose:lose situation for him and Brighton.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
That is true. He'll always get a chance in a season or two. Leaving right now is a lose:lose situation for him and Brighton.
Yeah he plays in a very creative Brighton team. Unless De Zerbi leaves and the team falls off a cliff, he is at the best place he can be right now. He’ll be more expensive in a year or two if he continues his current trajectory but the foundations he’ll have built into his game by then will be invaluable.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I think it’s good that he’s signed a new contract, but it’s foolishly long imo.

I suppose it protects him should injury damage his young career (and perhaps his current ankle injury played into his decision agreeing to sign such a long contract…?).

Lecland07

I think it’s good that he’s signed a new contract, but it’s foolishly long imo.

I suppose it protects him should injury damage his young career (and perhaps his current ankle injury played into his decision agreeing to sign such a long contract…?).
Unless he turns out to be complete crap and this is just a purple patch. Could be a genius move then.

UTAretro

Supports
Brighton
Impressive but plays on same side as Mitoma…? Also seems very similar from the clips… albeit more raw.

How will they set up with him and Mitoma (and March)?
So did Trossard; we need more than one player per position, the same as yourselves and any other club. Right now we are bare bones after not replacing Trossard or Mwepu and are giving a full debut tonight to an Argentinian kid who has just turned 18, Facundo Buonanotte.

Adingra will come in and compete with Mitoma, he looks like another very promising acquisition. £6m and just turned 21.

Rhyme Animal

So did Trossard; we need more than one player per position, the same as yourselves and any other club. Right now we are bare bones after not replacing Trossard or Mwepu and are giving a full debut tonight to an Argentinian kid who has just turned 18, Facundo Buonanotte.

Adingra will come in and compete with Mitoma, he looks like another very promising acquisition. £6m and just turned 21.
Ah Mwepu… what a fecking player. It’s SO SAD what happened with him and I find it baffling that it (and he) doesn’t get talked of more.

I really, really hope he has a long, happy and prosperous life because that guy was a TOP player in the making, and also seems like such a class act.

UTAretro

Supports
Brighton
Ah Mwepu… what a fecking player. It’s SO SAD what happened with him and I find it baffling that it (and he) doesn’t get talked of more.

I really, really hope he has a long, happy and prosperous life because that guy was a TOP player in the making, and also seems like such a class act.
Agree, very sad for the lad. Lots of talk about him joining our junior coaching set up. He showed so much promise. Goes to show, enjoy life, things can change in an instant.

Rhyme Animal

Agree, very sad for the lad. Lots of talk about him joining our junior coaching set up. He showed so much promise. Goes to show, enjoy life, things can change in an instant.
Yeah, it’s scary.

Wish him all the best and would love to see him go into coaching as he was a REALLY intelligent player when reading the game.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion

Getting our transfer business in early! Joao Pedro is a beautiful player and cheap at 30m.

The pressure is now off Webster, he’s no longer our record signing!

Not so sure about Milner, but it certainly fits out model I’d also picking up elder experienced players to help a young squad.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion

Very happy with this. We started without Caicedo, Mac Allister, Mitoma and Ferguson.

Really pleased that Undav is beginning to make his mark, but Enciso is a real gem.Good to Ayari getting a run out as well.

UTAretro

Supports
Brighton
Happy with that… must say though, brilliant as we were, that was absolutely abject from Wolves. On the way home now…

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Very happy with this. We started without Caicedo, Mac Allister, Mitoma and Ferguson.

Really pleased that Undav is beginning to make his mark, but Enciso is a real gem.Good to Ayari getting a run out as well.
No shit :lol:

It looks like they took that Forest loss really, really personally and set out to set the record straight today. Unbelievable performance.

DOTA

Bubble burst. Only one direction of travel from here.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Nothing in this result tbf. They absolutely dicked us at our ground and hit the woodwork multiple times today. Freak result like the 7-0 dicking handed out to you lot by Pool.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
That’s not done their European ambitions any good. Ah well

Hughie77

That result by the football gods has now brought Villa back into it a little bit, Brighton drop point again before Villa v the dippers makes it more interesting.

UTAretro

Supports
Brighton
A real off day for us where nothing seemed to go right. Too many fancy flicks, huge individual errors and lost 50/50’s. Everton were fighting for their lives and fully deserved the big win.

A bit of a freak result but a very bad one for our European chances. We’ve got Arsenal away next, followed by Newcastle away, then Southampton and Man City at home before Villa away. Nightmare run-in for us and I think last night’s result will be a huge regret at the end of the season.