Bruno Fernandes Out?

If that report is true wed be mad completely mad to turn it down.
That sort of cash with what we have atm would kickstart the rebuild and pay for ETH sacking.

Shite source

But a bid like that would surely be accepted, even if he is our best player by a country mile. United need to rebuild around young talent IMO.
These sources always just wait for another rumour and then build on it with more and more bullshit.

He isn’t a player that relies much on pace or strength and he isnt that old. A new contract now isn’t that risky IMO
I agree re his play style which makes me think either Ineos are thinking of the Chelsea model re players over 30 (which I agree with) or that they are thinking of moving away from a system with a 10.

Nonsense rumor. But if it was true.... I love Bruno, but you gotta accept that. We are fecked financially because of the previous years, he is turning 30, and that's a get out of jail card for us. Basically because of shite like Antony, we are in the situation where we might have to sell our best player in Bruno to fix our finances and be able to rebuild properly.

Can't take a single United fan seriously if they think selling Bruno is a good idea. Have a word with yourselves FFS

Can't take a single United fan seriously if they think selling Bruno is a good idea. Have a word with yourselves FFS

The 4-0 stuffing clearly hasn't sunk into a lot of heads yet. Replace Bruno with anyone else and we serve Pep his first domestic cup loss in England just as easy as we did a fortnight ago. Obviously.

There's so many players in world football who can do what Bruno did this season: No look assist against City, halfway line goal against Liverpool. Most chances created two seasons running.

If we sell him we can replace what he brings for two bob and a bag of crisps. Dunno why we'd even hesitate. :rolleyes:

The 4-0 stuffing clearly hasn't sunk into a lot of heads yet. Replace Bruno with anyone else and we serve Pep his first domestic cup loss in England just as easy as we did a fortnight ago. Obviously.

There's so many players in world football who can do what Bruno did this season: No look assist against City, halfway line goal against Liverpool. Most chances created two seasons running.

If we sell him we can replace what he brings for two bob and a bag of crisps. Dunno why we'd even hesitate. :rolleyes:

Don't forget selling Bruno, we become instant title challengers because he is holding us back from playing a possession style game. He is also the reason we face 30 shots on goal.

WE HAVE SCORED

57, 58, 57 goals in the last 3 seasons. Consecutively..

Again, Rasmus was not in the last 2 season.
Rashford had is best season but we scored 58 league goals.
2022 - 57 goals we blame who? Antony was not there, who do we blame?

Again, it reinforce the notion Bruno is all that you've typed but we still underform. Why? Because of new players? Not him? :D

Newcastle has no Bruno but they score 85 league goals. They scored 28 more goals than us.

We scored 5 more league goals than Luton. A relegated team. They have no Bruno

So where does this 'Bruno presence' accolades gravitate to? The 28 less we scored against Newcastle or the 5 more than Luton?

If you have brains you will see, with or without Bruno you can score 85 league goals. And score 52 goals like Luton.

And with Bruno himself score 57 goals.

AGAIN, We have not had a good offensive season in the recent past BECAUSE OF HOW WE PLAY. We play a very unsustainable, transition football, ball over the top and BRUNO IS part and Parcel of that. That's why he tops all the charts of our numbers ( personal numbers BTW) but we will NEVER top any team standings.

Precisely and obviously not because of him, no. He is head and shoulders above our other attackers, and this season even more so than normally.

If these £128M crazy rumours are true, I'll carry him over there on my back

it's about time we get a slice of this pie

So he bleeds man utd, but his agent has alledgedly been touting him around Europe for one big last pay day....

Wouldn't begrudge Bruno moving elsewhere for money or trophies. Guys talent deserves more trophies and if he wants to get paid silly money for a few years, go for it I say. He owes us nothing at this point.

So he bleeds man utd, but his agent has alledgedly been touting him around Europe for one big last pay day....

I don't see an issue. He clearly wants to stay but is also not stupid and has picked up on the fact that INEOS are considering a new manager and a squad revamp and regardless of his desires he may be identifed as an asset to be sold. There is no conflict between him loving United and also wanting to be informed about his possible options if the Club wants him gone.

Only player in our squad who would walk into any first team in Europe. Yeah let's sell him.

I mean 130M. I'm taking that every day and he's my favorite player in the squad.

Does he want to go though? I'm sure the club would be happy to take that money.

Not happening, move on. Nothing suggests he would move there except 'money = good'.

I mean 130M. I'm taking that every day and he's my favorite player in the squad.

Does he want to go though? I'm sure the club would be happy to take that money.
He’s my favourite too. I’d keep him. Doubt he’d wanna go anyway. He loves our club and seems like someone that would like to continue in Europe in the biggest league and play against the best teams. He’s the only world class player we have in the squad. Build a team around him and we’ll look miles better. He gets the numbers and creates a shed load of chances.

Nonsense rumor. But if it was true.... I love Bruno, but you gotta accept that. We are fecked financially because of the previous years, he is turning 30, and that's a get out of jail card for us. Basically because of shite like Antony, we are in the situation where we might have to sell our best player in Bruno to fix our finances and be able to rebuild properly.
I’d keep him one more season they’ll be back next year with the same money or if e wants crazy money sell him?

130 mil? Blimey, we can buy another Mount, Malacia and Onana for that. Deal.

Kidding aside, some fans really want to sell our best player? Madness.

I’d be gutted to lose Bruno. Absolutely gutted. But you can’t turn down 130m for a player who will turn 30 a month into the new season If he stays injury free (big if), we have a ready made replacement (albeit a different type of player) in Mount; and the money could be used to strengthen so many areas of the squad. We could really go big on the spine of the team, and RW with that money. Along with our existing budget, we’d be able to bring in a top class CB, MF, and RW. Plus a rotational striker. Something like Silva/Yoro, Neves, Olise, Sesko.

Again, I don’t want to sell him, at all, but at 130m, one has to seriously think about it.

A midfield three of Mainoo, Neves, and Mount has a lot of work rate and technical ability. Plus you add someone like Fofana or Onana to increase your options……

It’s a painful one. He’s such a great player, never injured, and drives us forward. But at that price, and his age, you have to take it. Reluctantly.

I don’t think it’ll actually happen mind you. I suspect there’s not a lot of substance to this rumour. If there is substance I would imagine them offering something more reasonable like 70-80m, which I wouldn’t take. It would have to be a nine figure amount to lose such a marquee figure. But at some point, the head has to rule the heart, and despite my belief that you don’t get better by selling your best players, one has to recognise that he will become a diminishing asset in the next 2-3 years, and at silly money his sale can finance a significant upgrade of the squad.

This reinforces my point though doesn't it? Changing players will not mean that our style or our league position will change.

We have gone through all these players and coaches yet, we still play the same football that Moyes did.

So you have to look above, the people making these decisions. You also have to look at this objectively.

Tell me if the following is wrong:

1. PLaying crap - sack manager
2. Manager sacked, new manager appointed
3. Manager gives all players a chance and has some of his recommendations as to what player suits his style?
4. Transfer window comes, overspend on a few players, narrative "manager is backed"
5. Cannot sell players that manager wants to get rid of.
6. Manager has to adapt style to suit some of his players, rest from different regimes.
7. Players do well in the first year, new manager bounce, techniques.
8. 2nd full season starts, still can't get the players the manager wants and we dont play consistent football.
9. Manager gets sacked and we back to square 1.

Now tell me, from all of that and what you have said, how changing 1 player will change our fortunes?
Sorry for the late reply, was held up on work.

Romufc, I think we are going round in circles.

Bruno Fernandes is the epitome of Current Man United team. He's the captain. He plays the most matches, he takes penalties, he's the 'most creative player', probably you dont want to accept it but HOW WE PLAY IS BREAD AND BUTTER, Bruno Fernandes. First you need to accept this. From there everything else will fall into place why some things happen. This current football is what has brought immeasurable pain and anguish to us fans.

About People above..

Ed Woodward left in Feb 2022. Technically. It was announced that time. Since 2022, we've had ETH as a manager yet we have scored 115 goals in a season. City scored 90+ goals this season.
So Ed Woodward can't be blamed on our current problems for sure.

Richard Arnold already left, United have gone to a 60 point a season

We are in 2024. 2 years apart. Yet we have struggled in goals and leaking goals. Our GD in 2 years is - 1 and 0 :D

Yep, ETH has endured a - 1 GD in his 2 seasons as United manager, cumulatively.

Glazers have given out football control, same season we have lost record number of games.

I tell you, in all humbleness, even if we buy a new stadium tomorrow and play the same way we play we will not achieve even 70 points.

Our problem is we don't have a sustainable playing style. It's very easy to see and identify.

ETH has been unable to achieve it. Partly because of playing transition football.

Ineos are not foolish people, the indecisiveness regarding ETH future is absolutely warranted and genuine. If ETH was backed and believed in, why talk about his future yet it's the status quo. It means even the higher powers can see how unsustainable our club is.

I said it in June 2023, go to ETH thread. And I quote it again

"in 18 months (from that time) either ETH or Bruno leaves but both won't be here" not because I am a prophet or future reader but because it's extremely easy to see how we play is not sustainable in the long run. And it was even before Ratcliffe was confirmed as Co-owner.

Again I say it I know people will call me names, but I am 100% I will be vindicated

ETH or Bruno won't be here in the next 6 months, and if they will be here by end of January 2025, our pain and anguish as fans will be double of what we've endured in the last 12 months.

Why would Bruno go to Saudi now? Doesn’t make sense
Pounds, a million of them every week plus playing with Christian, Mane and more likely Casemiro. He is turning 30 in a few weeks, we are not winning or coming into contention for the major titles anytime soon and a five year £250m deal will change his life forever.

If they came in with such an offer I'd take it and go straight to Palace for Eze and Olise plus possibly offer then Antony in a buy one and get two promotion. :lol:

Why would Bruno go to Saudi now? Doesn’t make sense

Agreed. The option will still be there for him in three or four years time. By all accounts his agent is looking to get him to a top European club if he leaves United. Bruno seems to want to win the big trophies. Even if INEOS accepts a bid from Saudi I don't think Bruno will go for it.

No chance we're getting offered £130m.

Also makes no sense selling one of our only players who has a high work rate, constantly presses and is barely injured.

It would be stupid to sell him even for crazy money. He is our best player, captain with passion, no injuries, cray stats. There is no guarantee that the money would be spend well. We could easily end up with another Mount, Sancho or God help us Antony.

Probably hitting his peak so would be a key decision to make. However 29, no resale value if we give him a new contract. I would sell him and use the money to build a new midfield.

Will be interesting to see the outcome. Plug
The holes and sale the deadwood first though.

Last edited:
Not because of Bruno. Because of the rest of our team. He creates more than anyone in the league and has crazy numbers in a shit United team. Think about what he would achieve in a good one.

Improve the f*cking cake, don’t remove the icing.

To go along with your analogy - I’d rather have an amazingly baked cake than a shit cake with icing papering over how bad the actual cake is.

Not saying selling Bruno is my preferred
choice, but I do see an upside to cashing in on him if he’s actually just angling for a new deal.

Good god you'd think we are talking about selling Messi after just winning the Treble.

130m for a 30 year old on a team coming off of an 8th placed finish in the league with gaping squad holes is good business. Same reason Liverpool sold Coutinho when everyone adored him there.

Fair enough. You must be just as fed up of reading his chance creation stats as much as I'm fed up of reading his pass completion percentage after a United loss.
Just for the record: I am fed up with the pass completion percentage as well... because it was never the point it has become now. People were upset with him being reckless when it wasn't needed.

1.3 mill per week :eek: If that's true and he doesn't accept it, then he's a football man through and through. That's more than 200 million in 3 years. Tax free. Fecking hell.
That would be so great. Finally you'd have something positive to say about him :)

Don't forget selling Bruno, we become instant title challengers because he is holding us back from playing a possession style game. He is also the reason we face 30 shots on goal.
Maybe at this point the two of you should exchange phone numbers instead of "contributing" i.e. misrepresenting the majority of opposite position in two Bruno threads. We got it, you wouldn't sell him.

Lets hope the Saudi rumours are true. Would be great if we could benefit from that glitch as long as it is there. I am mostly talking about Casemiro here, really doubt that such amounts are in the air. I'd rather see him at Bayern to be honest. In Bundesliga he could do really well for his individual numbers.

In reality every player is for sale if the price is right.

Bruno is a quality player and has a good number of years still on his contract. Any offer would have to be substantial so there isn’t much to get overly fussed about.

I guess I'm in the minority who would take the deal for the right price. I like Bruno and have his name on the last kit I bought a couple years ago, but I believe I have seen the limit of what a Rashford/Bruno combo can do and wouldn't mind rolling the dice in hope of a more enjoyable style of football that can challenge for higher honours. That said, Mount ain't it.

Good god you'd think we are talking about selling Messi after just winning the Treble.

130m for a 30 year old on a team coming off of an 8th placed finish in the league with gaping squad holes is good business. Same reason Liverpool sold Coutinho when everyone adored him there.

We are not going to get £130m for Bruno.
We couldn't force Maguire and McTominay to go to West Ham. What makes you believe we can make Bruno go to Saudi Arabia if he doesn't want to go?

His agent is talking to big European clubs. They may well make a move but they won't be offering anything close to the kind of numbers you're reading from Caught Offside. If we're lucky we my get half.

So then you're asking if it's worth £65m to sell our main creative player. More or less a one in, one out with Mason Mount. To me that's laughable. But hey opinions and all that.

We are not going to get £130m for Bruno.
We couldn't force Maguire and McTominay to go to West Ham. What makes you believe we can make Bruno go to Saudi Arabia if he doesn't want to go?

His agent is talking to big European clubs. They may well make a move but they won't be offering anything close to the kind of numbers you're reading from Caught Offside. If we're lucky we my get half.

So then you're asking if it's worth £65m to sell our main creative player. More or less a one in, one out with Mason Mount. To me that's laughable. But hey opinions and all that.

Honestly for me, Bruno has been banking enough credit to have freedom to pick the best option for himself. He's been exemplary throughout his career with us, and he's at an age that this could be his last hoorah. Unless if we're willing to bump up his wage, or giving out longer contract; then if big Club, like Bayern, is interested and he wants the move; I feel that we should be facilitating the move.

While we also demand a good fee, we shouldn't be greedy enough to jeopardize his move, if he wants to. I think that's the right thing to do, as a big Club. And it creates good feeling with the other players.