Bruno Fernandes Out?

romufc

KDB can play deeper than Bruno as well as in the more attacking positions and on the wing. He’s far more versatile
Can is different to does / has.

Bruno can play deeper too, he plays on the wing for us too.

KDB only looks versatile because he has Pep's system.

redNATION

Unfortunately for Bruno, it seems on paper we have some sensible people running the footballing side of the club now. In years gone by, he’d have been given a new 5 year contract on 300k a week as soon as he made soundings about moving on. I don’t think the new hierarchy will fall for it.

romufc

Uh, he can literally only play one position - the 10. He can’t play in midfield and he’s not that great on the wing. Pep wouldn’t even go for him, he’s too one dimensional.
I remember alot of people saying Bruno wont fit Ten Hag's style, Ten HAg wont put up with Bruno..

2 years later, 1st name on the team sheet and captain.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Unfortunately for Bruno, it seems on paper we have some sensible people running the footballing side of the club now. In years gone by, he’d have been given a new 5 year contract on 300k a week as soon as he made soundings about moving on. I don’t think the new hierarchy will fall for it.
I mean, unless you've got a Saudi offer on hand, realistically it might be best to find a middle ground and give him a raise, since keeping a player like this unhappy might have serious negative repercussions on the team.

You aren't selling him in Europe

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I mean, unless you've got a Saudi offer on hand, realistically it might be best to find a middle ground and give him a raise, since keeping a player like this unhappy might have serious negative repercussions on the team.

You aren't selling him in Europe
In redcafe, man/player management doesn't exist.
If a player is deemed not good enough, he needs to accept pay cut without compensation and leave the club.
If a player is close to 30 and want to be rewarded with a better contract based on his performance, nope because he is deemed to decline in the next few years so no salary increase.

City renewed/extended KDB's contract in 2021, rumored to be £340,000 per week, when he was exactly 30 years old, and Odegaard is making over £280,000 per week.

Last edited:

van Nistelrooy

100% agree. He wants more money for the last big contract of his career. Barring a move to saudi in his mid thirties.
I do rather sympathise with Bruno, but no one is bigger than the club and we're not a charity.

I find it appalling that Rashford is on the wage that he is, along with the likes of Sancho and Mount. Bruno gives his all every game and is the best captain we've had in a long time. He deserves to be on par with the top earner at the club at least.

I've no doubt his agent has taken stock that we have a lot more room to manoeuvre in the wage budget with Varane and Martial gone. However, a contract is a contract. We stand to make a great deal of money if Bruno wants out and a club can stump up £100m+. Otherwise, Bruno will have to honour the contract he's on and just give those overpaid, underperforming players a mouthful.

I really don't want to lose him and I doubt he would ever down tools. I don't feel worried for next season, but it may become a bigger problem during the 25/26 summer window.

Matt851

I do rather sympathise with Bruno, but no one is bigger than the club and we're not a charity.

I find it appalling that Rashford is on the wage that he is, along with the likes of Sancho and Mount. Bruno gives his all every game and is the best captain we've had in a long time. He deserves to be on par with the top earner at the club at least.

I've no doubt his agent has taken stock that we have a lot more room to manoeuvre in the wage budget with Varane and Martial gone. However, a contract is a contract. We stand to make a great deal of money if Bruno wants out and a club can stump up £100m+. Otherwise, Bruno will have to honour the contract he's on and just give those overpaid, underperforming players a mouthful.

I really don't want to lose him and I doubt he would ever down tools. I don't feel worried for next season, but it may become a bigger problem during the 25/26 summer window.
Yep continually using previous mistakes around wages as benchmarks isn't the way to go about improving things

spenzo

Get Xavi Simons in and I would get over it fairly quickly if he were to go.

Judas

Open to offers
I remember alot of people saying Bruno wont fit Ten Hag's style, Ten HAg wont put up with Bruno..

2 years later, 1st name on the team sheet and captain.
To be fair I was one of those, but that's what I expected Ten Hag to truly implement his Ajax style and well, you know the rest.

E-mal

70m and good bye!
Rashford too please
And Casemiro
And Maguire
And Lindelof
And Shaw
And Mount

Pickle85

70m and good bye!
Rashford too please
And Casemiro
And Maguire
And Lindelof
And Shaw
And Mount
Sell both Bruno and one of the few that can play his position? Who do you want to replace him with? Also, why no greenwood or Sancho on that list? They're much bigger priorities to get rid of than Bruno, Mount, Maguire, rashford or Shaw.

theatreofdreams777

When you think how badly those three have been in different ways this season, I don't blame Bruno one bit for pushing it. Crazy to think he's been earning the same as Martial up until now.
Bruno has been as bad if not more barring a couple of matches later in the season. It's like people don't remember it was him & Rashford putting awful displays week in week out a couple of months ago.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
When you think how badly those three have been in different ways this season, I don't blame Bruno one bit for pushing it. Crazy to think he's been earning the same as Martial up until now.
I don't blame him either. I just don't think we should take the bait.

Telsim

For such a fee, I'd carry him there. Express delivery. No way that's true, though. Offering him a new contract would be silly, which is why it will happen.

E-mal

Sell both Bruno and one of the few that can play his position? Who do you want to replace him with? Also, why no greenwood or Sancho on that list? They're much bigger priorities to get rid of than Bruno, Mount, Maguire, rashford or Shaw.
In my book, they are as good as gone
I am not actively looking to sell Bruno but I'd rather take 70m than give a new contract. He hasn't been great since his last contract

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If a player is deemed not good enough, he needs to accept pay cut without compensation and leave the club.
If a player is close to 30 and want to be rewarded with a better contract based on his performance, nope because he is deemed to decline in the next few years so no salary increase.

City renewed/extended KDB's contract in 2021, rumored to be £340,000 per week, when he was exactly 30 years old, and Odegaard is making over £280,000 per week.
The substantial difference being that Fernandes has 2 years + club option of an additional year on his current contract. He has 3 years to go. I can understand why the club aren’t rushing to extend his contract.

We have a fair few players leaving the club this summer (some being very high earners) so I have no doubt it’s something that will get picked up. There’s just some fair rationale as to why it shouldn’t be a pressing priority. Don’t really understand the obtuse nature of the start of your post.

CM

He ended the season well but his performances fell well short of the standard for the majority of the year.

We have a history of overpaying (ageing) players and struggling to shift them as a direct result, and we already doubled Fernandes' money in similar circumstances just before Ten Hag came in. The club are in a stronger position than Fernandes is regarding his contract (and actually were before he signed his previous extension with improved terms as well).

Fernandes already cashed in on the club's goodwill 2 years ago. Doing the same again isn't tantamount to good man management.

OT_United

Bruno is crucial but we’re building a team for the next 5 years. Anything upwards of £70m we should be accepting.

Nickelodeon

Giving him a new 300k a week sort of contract would be the Woodward thing to do. He still has years to run on his current one and we're trying to move away from the massive contract situations. If he doesn't get what he want, he should be free to leave as long as an offer arrives at the clubs valuation. He's been good for us but he's not irreplaceable.