Bruno Fernandes Out?

KDB can play deeper than Bruno as well as in the more attacking positions and on the wing. He’s far more versatile

Can is different to does / has.

Bruno can play deeper too, he plays on the wing for us too.

KDB only looks versatile because he has Pep's system.

Unfortunately for Bruno, it seems on paper we have some sensible people running the footballing side of the club now. In years gone by, he’d have been given a new 5 year contract on 300k a week as soon as he made soundings about moving on. I don’t think the new hierarchy will fall for it.

Uh, he can literally only play one position - the 10. He can’t play in midfield and he’s not that great on the wing. Pep wouldn’t even go for him, he’s too one dimensional.

I remember alot of people saying Bruno wont fit Ten Hag's style, Ten HAg wont put up with Bruno..

2 years later, 1st name on the team sheet and captain.

Unfortunately for Bruno, it seems on paper we have some sensible people running the footballing side of the club now. In years gone by, he’d have been given a new 5 year contract on 300k a week as soon as he made soundings about moving on. I don’t think the new hierarchy will fall for it.
I mean, unless you've got a Saudi offer on hand, realistically it might be best to find a middle ground and give him a raise, since keeping a player like this unhappy might have serious negative repercussions on the team.

You aren't selling him in Europe

I mean, unless you've got a Saudi offer on hand, realistically it might be best to find a middle ground and give him a raise, since keeping a player like this unhappy might have serious negative repercussions on the team.

You aren't selling him in Europe
In redcafe, man/player management doesn't exist.
If a player is deemed not good enough, he needs to accept pay cut without compensation and leave the club.
If a player is close to 30 and want to be rewarded with a better contract based on his performance, nope because he is deemed to decline in the next few years so no salary increase.

City renewed/extended KDB's contract in 2021, rumored to be £340,000 per week, when he was exactly 30 years old, and Odegaard is making over £280,000 per week.

Last edited:
100% agree. He wants more money for the last big contract of his career. Barring a move to saudi in his mid thirties.

I do rather sympathise with Bruno, but no one is bigger than the club and we're not a charity.

I find it appalling that Rashford is on the wage that he is, along with the likes of Sancho and Mount. Bruno gives his all every game and is the best captain we've had in a long time. He deserves to be on par with the top earner at the club at least.

I've no doubt his agent has taken stock that we have a lot more room to manoeuvre in the wage budget with Varane and Martial gone. However, a contract is a contract. We stand to make a great deal of money if Bruno wants out and a club can stump up £100m+. Otherwise, Bruno will have to honour the contract he's on and just give those overpaid, underperforming players a mouthful.

I really don't want to lose him and I doubt he would ever down tools. I don't feel worried for next season, but it may become a bigger problem during the 25/26 summer window.

I do rather sympathise with Bruno, but no one is bigger than the club and we're not a charity.

I find it appalling that Rashford is on the wage that he is, along with the likes of Sancho and Mount. Bruno gives his all every game and is the best captain we've had in a long time. He deserves to be on par with the top earner at the club at least.

I've no doubt his agent has taken stock that we have a lot more room to manoeuvre in the wage budget with Varane and Martial gone. However, a contract is a contract. We stand to make a great deal of money if Bruno wants out and a club can stump up £100m+. Otherwise, Bruno will have to honour the contract he's on and just give those overpaid, underperforming players a mouthful.

I really don't want to lose him and I doubt he would ever down tools. I don't feel worried for next season, but it may become a bigger problem during the 25/26 summer window.
Yep continually using previous mistakes around wages as benchmarks isn't the way to go about improving things

Get Xavi Simons in and I would get over it fairly quickly if he were to go.

I remember alot of people saying Bruno wont fit Ten Hag's style, Ten HAg wont put up with Bruno..

2 years later, 1st name on the team sheet and captain.

To be fair I was one of those, but that's what I expected Ten Hag to truly implement his Ajax style and well, you know the rest.

70m and good bye!
Rashford too please
And Casemiro
And Maguire
And Lindelof
And Shaw
And Mount

70m and good bye!
Rashford too please
And Casemiro
And Maguire
And Lindelof
And Shaw
And Mount
Sell both Bruno and one of the few that can play his position? Who do you want to replace him with? Also, why no greenwood or Sancho on that list? They're much bigger priorities to get rid of than Bruno, Mount, Maguire, rashford or Shaw.

When you think how badly those three have been in different ways this season, I don't blame Bruno one bit for pushing it. Crazy to think he's been earning the same as Martial up until now.

Bruno has been as bad if not more barring a couple of matches later in the season. It's like people don't remember it was him & Rashford putting awful displays week in week out a couple of months ago.

When you think how badly those three have been in different ways this season, I don't blame Bruno one bit for pushing it. Crazy to think he's been earning the same as Martial up until now.
I don't blame him either. I just don't think we should take the bait.

For such a fee, I'd carry him there. Express delivery. No way that's true, though. Offering him a new contract would be silly, which is why it will happen.

Sell both Bruno and one of the few that can play his position? Who do you want to replace him with? Also, why no greenwood or Sancho on that list? They're much bigger priorities to get rid of than Bruno, Mount, Maguire, rashford or Shaw.
In my book, they are as good as gone
I am not actively looking to sell Bruno but I'd rather take 70m than give a new contract. He hasn't been great since his last contract

If a player is deemed not good enough, he needs to accept pay cut without compensation and leave the club.
If a player is close to 30 and want to be rewarded with a better contract based on his performance, nope because he is deemed to decline in the next few years so no salary increase.

City renewed/extended KDB's contract in 2021, rumored to be £340,000 per week, when he was exactly 30 years old, and Odegaard is making over £280,000 per week.
The substantial difference being that Fernandes has 2 years + club option of an additional year on his current contract. He has 3 years to go. I can understand why the club aren’t rushing to extend his contract.

We have a fair few players leaving the club this summer (some being very high earners) so I have no doubt it’s something that will get picked up. There’s just some fair rationale as to why it shouldn’t be a pressing priority. Don’t really understand the obtuse nature of the start of your post.

He ended the season well but his performances fell well short of the standard for the majority of the year.

We have a history of overpaying (ageing) players and struggling to shift them as a direct result, and we already doubled Fernandes' money in similar circumstances just before Ten Hag came in. The club are in a stronger position than Fernandes is regarding his contract (and actually were before he signed his previous extension with improved terms as well).

Fernandes already cashed in on the club's goodwill 2 years ago. Doing the same again isn't tantamount to good man management.

Bruno is crucial but we’re building a team for the next 5 years. Anything upwards of £70m we should be accepting.

Giving him a new 300k a week sort of contract would be the Woodward thing to do. He still has years to run on his current one and we're trying to move away from the massive contract situations. If he doesn't get what he want, he should be free to leave as long as an offer arrives at the clubs valuation. He's been good for us but he's not irreplaceable.

If true, that hints at a huge fee.

United shouldn’t sell him though. The club needs good senior players to help steer the ship over the next few seasons.

I'd actually let him go.

Will be 30 shortly into the season and chasing his last big contract.
I actually like Bruno and think he's a top player, but he definitely has his weaknesses which I think does stunt a lot of United attacks, even if he's our most productive player.
With how this FFP stuff works, selling him for a potential daft amount, could open so many doors for us.

His sale could result in being happier to sell some of our other players at the lower end of their values, which could mean a bigger and quicker rebuild.

If we sell him we'll be going to a 4123 or a 433, can't imagine we'll continue with a #10

Mainoo------Neves
---------Ugarte

Doubt we'll sell though, would likely require 90-100m.

Yeah if we get an offer of 100 mill + for him we will be mad to turn it down.

New recruitment team in now can start to look for some young creative midfielders our there as a replacement.

His value to this team far exceeds the value we'd get from a Saudi club, I wouldn't sell him unless he expressly requested it.

My only gripe with Bruno is I wish he was more disciplined and conservative with the ball at times. Some of those risky throughballs going straight back to the opposition annoyed me at times last season.

It would take an offer of at least £100m to seriously consider it.

At 30 if someone offers us 100m+ bite their hand off. He's not the same level but it would make a mount shaped space in the team. 100m could be spent on more pressing areas.

... at least for now

I love him but if we could possibly cash in big time on him we should take it I reckon.

He's basically undropable and so creates a pickle in how to build towards a more dominant middle and shifting him further u
To the sides or further downnullifies some of what makes him so effective.

It's risky but if we could use the funds to bring in a more suitable alternative I'd say it's a risk worth taking.

If it gave us the funds to buy a couple more players such as Eze or Neves, Frimpong would it be a bad thing?

If it gave us the funds to buy a couple more players such as Eze or Neves, Frimpong would it be a bad thing?

Selling Bruno probably only gets you half a Neves, or maybe one of the others, and none of them are replacing his impact on the team.

You would have to make sure you had an instant replacement if you accepted a bid for your best player. £100 million isnt much if you lose all the assists and goals that nobody else seems to give to the side.

If 80-100m is offered, INEOS will sell and honestly, as much as I love Bruno, I wouldn't be mad at that. We can finally change the structure of the team and spread creativity across the middle and still maintain shape. Play a 4-3-3 with two actual CMs and a DM. The two CMs take turns going forward leaving us with enough cover against transitions. With that all said, I don't mind Bruno staying at all but wouldn't mind having more solidity in the middle.

If the Saudis were to offer £150 million who on here would take it if they were Ratcliffe and co ? I’ve read before that the Saudis have to pay all transfer fees in one go so £150 million would get us Neves and Ugarte and maybe transition into a 4-3-3/4-1-2-3.