Bruno Fernandes Out?

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I love the guy and hope he stays but I don't think it's sensible to believe he'll be able to keep up physically for much longer. We've run him ragged over the past couple of seasons and attacking midfielders like him tend to drop off later in their careers if they don't drop deeper and reforge their style at a slower pace. I could see him perhaps trying this next year and then if it doesn't work out, he may move to a less demanding league like Spain or Italy.

Personally I would keep him for another year and see how he fares, then take a gamble on selling him for around £30m if somebody is willing to pay it.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
If he goes, it will be interesting where he ends up, considering how much he divides opinions.

He is obviously a very good player but from financial point of view, selling him for good money wouldn't be the worst idea - if Mount can stay fit. He is obviously better player than Mount, but Mount is much younger and the rebuild would make more sense. I don't think we can do proper rebuild if we leave some key players like Bruno, Shaw, Casemiro, Rashford, etc., playing for us every week.

But then those comments are nothing special to be fair.

hobbers

Comes down to how much we'd get offered.

Hes obviously more valuable than Rashford right now. £80m+ would be impossible to turn down, because ultimately he's not a top level player who's going to win you titles.

redcucumber

Comes down to how much we'd get offered.

Hes obviously more valuable than Rashford right now. £80m+ would be impossible to turn down, because ultimately he's not a top level player who's going to win you titles.
I doubt anyone is paying £80m+ for him.

miked99

Our best player and by some distance. Our only consistent shining light in the last five years. Without his contributions, we'd have been closer to the bottom half of the table.

So let's sell him, brilliant idea. Not like we need to score or create any goals or anything. I'm sure there lots of players out there who can return his number of goals and his number of assists whilst playing in a consistently crap team, match his work rate and returm a higher pass completion percentage. I'm even more sure they'd be available to buy, not crazy expensive and absolutely gagging to come join a team that's at best gonna be in the Europa League - and might not even make that.

Oh and we've got feck all money and need to replace/improve on so many other positions at the same time.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Our best player and by some distance. Our only consistent shining light in the last five years. Without his contributions, we'd have been closer to the bottom half of the table.

So let's sell him, brilliant idea. Not like we need to score or create any goals or anything. I'm sure there lots of players out there who can return his number of goals and his number of assists whilst playing in a consistently crap team, match his work rate and returm a higher pass completion percentage. I'm even more sure they'd be available to buy, not crazy expensive and absolutely gagging to come join a team that's at best gonna be in the Europa League - and might not even make that.

Oh and we've got feck all money and need to replace/improve on so many other positions at the same time.
If Ineos stick to their pledge of not paying silly wages as well, then we won't even have that angle to attract them.

LARulz

Anything over £40m+ we should seriously consider that offer .
Mental. For his stats, work rate and fitness levels it should be way more. You aren't getting players of his quality, even at 30, for that price

DomesticTadpole

Over how much :lol:

He's been one of the highest chance creators in the PL since he joined, he'd get into any team bar City and Arsenal.
Because we are going through a bad time it appears all our players are rubbish. Would be hilarious if we had a massive clearout and on opening day all we have is Onana, Mainoo, Hojlund and Garnacho. A goalie who is error prone, a midfielder who is a kid who is just developing, a young striker who struggles to score and another kid who will not pass to aforementioned striker.

pascell

Because we are going through a bad time it appears all our players are rubbish. Would be hilarious if we had a massive clearout and on opening day all we have is Onana, Mainoo, Hojlund and Garnacho. A goalie who is error prone, a midfielder who is a kid who is just developing, a young striker who struggles to score and another kid who will not pass to aforementioned striker.
It's OK, we'll have AWB at RB, a half fit Shaw at LB to try and build play with.

Based Adnan

One thing we need to start doing is moving players on at the right time. At 29 (30 weeks into next season) and the amount of mileage on his legs, we should consider any offers that come in.

DomesticTadpole

It's OK, we'll have AWB at RB, a half fit Shaw at LB to try and build play with.
Shaw is by far a bigger issue that Bruno will ever be. You know at some point he will be injured, the fact Malacia has vanished off the face of the earth and AWB has long legs and can tackle, but that is about it.

Jeffthered

Shame is he would benefit from top players around him, which he has nevr really had. But I think we take money and say thanks, wish him well. He has been decent in last few games, but he cannot look back at this season and be happy with his leadership and that should not be forgotten.

Tiber

Hard to blame a genuinely world class player for not wanting to spend his prime years fighting for 7th.

Would wish him well

redcucumber

In fairness, doesn't Bruno also have that problem?! He made 2 passes to Hojlund in the last game.

hobbers

Hard to blame a genuinely world class player for not wanting to spend his prime years fighting for 7th.

Would wish him well
17 goal involvements in the league, only 3 against top 8 sides. Very much the story of his United career. Genuinely world class?

gajender

Mental. For his stats, work rate and fitness levels it should be way more. You aren't getting players of his quality, even at 30, for that price
Over how much :lol:

He's been one of the highest chance creators in the PL since he joined, he'd get into any team bar City and Arsenal.
That's the most realistic fee we will ever get for Somebody like Bruno considering his age and quality and I include Saudi league in that as well.

Also I don't think he should be part of the rebuild going forward due to various reasons So if an offer like that ever materializes United should take it as it's not gonna get higher than that and we definitely need money .

Remember the geese

Yea he is. Especially if he didn't have to run himself into the ground every week whether he is healthy or not to make up for deficiencies across the rest of the team and coaching staff
Well that's one view. I think he blows hot and cold far too much.

Lee565

One thing we need to start doing is moving players on at the right time. At 29 (30 weeks into next season) and the amount of mileage on his legs, we should consider any offers that come in.
I have to agree but one thing I would say about bruno is with his durability and energy and the fact that he doesn't rely on pace is I can still see him physically still being able to play great at the top level into his mid 30s much like modric, rakitic, Lewandowski etc..

daba

I have to agree but one thing I would say about bruno is with his durability and energy and the fact that he doesn't rely on pace is I can still see him physically still being able to play great at the top level into his mid 30s much like modric, rakitic, Lewandowski etc..
Same I can see him playing at the highest level for possibly 5 years more (however he does need to start getting a rest every now and then).

If INEOS don’t see him suiting our new playstyle then we’ll have to trust them, but absolutely no way should he be leaving this summer before the likes of Rashford, Maguire, Casemiro, McT etc… unless we receive a huge offer like £90-100m.

whitbyviking

Realistically where could he actually go? Would PSG go for it? Atletico?
Both them teams came to my mind immediately when I thought about who would take him. Possibly an Italian team too, but they generally don't have the money so it'd be a part ex scenario, which rarely happen.

hobbers

World class but will never win a major trophy.

Sporting won their only league title of 20 years or so the season after getting rid of him. Maybe the same will happen to us if we sell him.

PoTMS

Even though he's been pretty good last few weeks, I would be more than happy to see the back of him. Good servant of the club but it's the right time for him to move on, something we have been notoriously bad at doing in the past. If we can flog him for £80m, it'll go a long way towards our rebuild.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Shaw is by far a bigger issue that Bruno will ever be. You know at some point he will be injured, the fact Malacia has vanished off the face of the earth and AWB has long legs and can tackle, but that is about it.
You do realize Shaw has a fraction of the market value as well right? No one is saying flog Bruno off for pennies, it’s a calculated decision

DomesticTadpole

You do realize Shaw has a fraction of the market value as well right? No one is saying flog Bruno off for pennies, it’s a calculated decision
I understand the financial implications, as long as they find someone for not much money who can produce the assists he can if we have people who can put the ball in the net. There are a lot of issues with this team and we are not an attractive proposition at the moment. Some players might even see the manager as a hindrance if he is kept on to save more money.

Nori-

I can never understand why this issue comes up every few months.

We haven't been great for many years now but one thing you can count on every year is Fernandes getting a handful of goals and assists. Yes, he has good and bad periods, but if you average it out, he offers a lot more than 90% of our squad.

He should be near the bottom of the list of players who need to move on.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I understand the financial implications, as long as they find someone for not much money who can produce the assists he can if we have people who can put the ball in the net. There are a lot of issues with this team and we are not an attractive proposition at the moment. Some players might even see the manager as a hindrance if he is kept on to save more money.
I think the entire point (at least for me) is that if a rich club wants to make a splash and offers 70m for Bruno then you could replace him with that same fee (or most of it) with almost any other top midfield prospect in football while also being smart and planning for the future. Is it worth one more top level Bruno season for us to try and scrape top 4 with what will be most likely a pretty young and reshaped side? Personally don’t think so if the alternative is a huge fee that gives us flexibility to chase any of the highest rated young players in the world n

Valencia Shin Crosses

I can never understand why this issue comes up every few months.

We haven't been great for many years now but one thing you can count on every year is Fernandes getting a handful of goals and assists. Yes, he has good and bad periods, but if you average it out, he offers a lot more than 90% of our squad.

He should be near the bottom of the list of players who need to move on.
Again, people aren’t saying to move him on for the sake of it. The thought is you sell a 30 year old for a Casemiro esque fee since you’re in a transitional period anyways and will never get more than you are right now for a player that’s probably past his best overall.