Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
The thing is even if we were to get Bruno we still need a striker desperately too.
But Ed can't seem to try to negotiate for more than one player.
Multitasking is not his forte!! :D
He doesn't negotiate.

TheLeviathan

We should tell them to feck off if that’s the case. Let them keep him and he be pissed off for the next 2 years.

From what I hear they’ve identified their next target. This will screw them if they start fecking teams about
Le'ts just wait two years for wolves to sign him on the free, and then try to buy him from wolves for 90 mil.

Judas

Open to offers
Just think this has turned into the typical transfer rumour involving us and a Portuguese player coming from there, its purely their media pushing crap now. There was something in it, but I think we've walked away and this is a dead dealio, and I hate saying that, because we're desperate for someone just like him.

Bestietom

I don't get this from Woodward, what does he think he is doing.

If Sporting want more and he doesn't want to pay, leave it and secure another target. That is the only way to show a club we will not be taken for mugs.

Waiting on Sporting to come back accepting an offer knowing come 2 days before the window Ed will just go and pay the money.

We need to be brave here and decide if it is worth it or not. If they don't accept move on and get another player in.
Wish he would do something, This is getting worse every day. Just don't know what to believe, and we are getting worse at negotiating deals than ever. Driving me Looney.

Ventura

We should probably back out of this, or we already did most likely and the club are leaking fake rumours as reported. Too complicated and expensive, too many fingers in the pie and they all add millions to the fee. We should have focused on other targets, but I guess we won't make any signings this window.

fergiesarmy1

We should probably back out of this, or we already did most likely and the club are leaking fake rumours as reported. Too complicated and expensive, too many fingers in the pie and they all add millions to the fee. We should have focused on other targets, but I guess we won't make any signings this window.
I don’t think we are in a strong enough position to back out, just got to face facts that every selling club know Man Utd are desperate and whether it’s this deal, the next one or the next few we are going to get bent over each and every time.

Judas

Open to offers
I don’t think we are in a strong enough position to back out, just got to face facts that every selling club know Man Utd are desperate and whether it’s this deal, the next one or the next few we are going to get bent over each and every time.
Well no, not if we show some strength and bollocks now and walk away. No point saying "ah well we've started now might as well finish, take the wife and the kids!".

Bestietom

Don't believe all the media. If this is not done by weekend, Then I think we will pull out.

Bestietom

No offence mate, but you seem to believe every report that comes out :lol:
When did I say I believed. Only when a player is signed do I believe. I might say what I read in the media just to start something here, but that is no proof I believe it.

romufc

Wish he would do something, This is getting worse every day. Just don't know what to believe, and we are getting worse at negotiating deals than ever. Driving me Looney.
Yeah, it is a shambles how we go about business. But this has been like that for a few years now, AWB was a relatively easy deal, Maguire was relatively easy, same as James and look how long those deal took.

I cannot imagine how we would negotiate when we have to compete against other teams for a player. We would probably just be so slow that the player would have signed. e.g. Haland.

If no other club was in for Haland, we would be negotiating with him still and not get a resolution.

I think it is in the interest for the selling team, buying and player to achieve a swift resolution. But at United, we have a very weird way of conducting transfers.

Surely, there is something fundamentally wrong.

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
Woodward doesn't negotiate the transfers. Don't know where this myth has come from.

Matr Judge negotiates the transfers.
You're probably right on that, actually but it would be my guess that Woodward has the final say. He certainly takes the credit for any (moderately) successful transfers we've done, yet will shy away from any criticism, from our mostly terrible transfer deals.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
None of us are involved in the negotiation and yet we are making conclusions and accusations like we are.
No negotiations of any significance size work in a straight line to start with.

But then to speculate based on reports from people who are also not involved in the negotiations is just ludicrous.

Just calm down boys.

theklr

Listened to this yesterday, saying something about the banks being involved and them getting a cut of any deal done. throws a spanner into the works
Yes, Sporting had a re-structuring a little while ago which means a certain % of any big sale goes towards that. In addition, his last club in Italy gets a % as well. So its probably why Sporting needs quite much for him to actually get a decent amount.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
If people think that he will come in suddenly and help us get the top 4 , then you are wrong.
Like Fred, he will take at least an year to even start performing at the highest level.

I have been asking the same question - when was the last time an attacker came from that League and made an instant impact in epl ?

Set your expectations right, guys.

Rob Bowman

If you think Fellaini was a ‘loss’ then it highlights our problems.
I think Fellani had his uses, late game target man for one. I would also prefer him to Pereira.

Agree or disagree is all good, as I think both of us agree we need better.

And again this comes down to Woodward, we have had two windows and we are moaning about paying over the odds for the one single target we have been linked to. If Woodward actually did his job this is a non-issue I think we can agree. Yes?

We are in desperate need of players, a good piece of business could secure us top 4. I honestly think that if we do no business, it's the first clear sign that Woodward has lost confidence in Ole and is lining up a replacement.

A scenario which highlights the incompetence in how the club is being run.
Oh you mean how we extended Jose's contract and then did not support him in the window which just causes us to lose more ground in the League and again is 100% Woodward's fault.

You mean like that ;)?

Last edited:

Hoof the ball

This is the absolute pinnacle that has ever been reached on RedCafe and I really can't see it being bettered either.

19] Then the Kopites made an idol of Raphael, and cried out that he was the saviour, and by his mighty sword they would come forth in the land.
20] But in the end they came fifth.

That particular passage is without doubt the funniest thing I have ever read online, I absolutely lost it the first time I read it.
"......and Babel, in whose name men built a tower."

To actually weave historical OT text into a relevant contemporary reference to Ryan Babel, was, for me, a stroke of genius.

fergiesarmy1

Well no, not if we show some strength and bollocks now and walk away. No point saying "ah well we've started now might as well finish, take the wife and the kids!".
If we did that the next club we start flirting with will know we are even more desperate then and the cycle will start again, we just got to face it and know we either pay a bit more than we would like until we are back in a stronger position.

We are the fat tart at last orders in the club now desperate to pull and everyone can see it.

Bogga

If people think that he will come in suddenly and help us get the top 4 , then you are wrong.
Like Fred, he will take at least an year to even start performing at the highest level.

I have been asking the same question - when was the last time an attacker came from that League and made an instant impact in epl ?

Set your expectations right, guys.
I'm not saying he's our saviour and the solution for all our problems. Some players can take everything from 6-12 months to adapt, while some just seems to do it instantly. Torres didn't seem to take much time to adapt and sadly performed perfectly for Liverpool from minute 1 even though he came from the Spanish league.

Even if he takes some time to adapt I fail to see how he can be any worse than our current options...

tjb

If this isn't done, then we really need to start looking at the board. You cannot talk about a rebuild for so long then decide not to do anything when the time to actually build turns up. Make no mistake about it, this is not Sir Alex' United where could afford to wait idly for the right time and price of signings. For us, there has to be value in the market. We are supposed to be catching up, trying to get back to where we are. And the sooner we can do this, the better. We can't talk about that and talk about what we can do in the market, yet decide to miss an opportunity to fix one of the positions that we have and have consistently had trouble with over the last 6 years.

Signing less players because we signed badly prior doesn't make sense. Should we not be trying to sign more players to recover from the mistakes that we had previously made. We can't afford to go into another season with players like Pereira and Lingard playing regularly for us and cannot continue to struggle through this current season with the midfield as thin as it is. There is no excuse for it.

fergiesarmy1

If this isn't done, then we really need to start looking at the board. You cannot talk about a rebuild for so long then decide not to do anything when the time to actually build turns up. Make no mistake about it, this is not Sir Alex' United where could afford to wait idly for the right time and price of signings. For us, there has to be value in the market. We are supposed to be catching up, trying to get back to where we are. And the sooner we can do this, the better. We can't talk about that and talk about what we can do in the market, yet decide to miss an opportunity to fix one of the positions that we have and have consistently had trouble with over the last 6 years.

Signing less players because we signed badly prior doesn't make sense. Should we not be trying to sign more players to recover from the mistakes that we had previously made. We can't afford to go into another season with players like Pereira and Lingard playing regularly for us and cannot continue to struggle through this current season with the midfield as thin as it is. There is no excuse for it.
Spot on and Ed, the board and the owners can start by taking a pay cut. That could bridge the gap on this deal at least.

romufc

Perfectly summed up.

We cannot go into another season talking about a rebuild. Ole would have been in the job 18 months by then.

The time to talk it over, I do not think we will make the signings fans think we would. We need 5 players we will end up getting 2 max in the summer.

Action must be taken against the board im afraid.

Satissh12

@sistoney67: Fair to say all sides in agreement that Bruno Fernandes deal as it stands will not be agreed. Needs Sporting to either lower their demands or United to increase what they are offering.

Status
Not open for further replies.