Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneUnited24

I genuinely don't understand why we're being so hesitant? I really don't.

He's got everything you'd want from an attacking midfielder, he's got a fantastic mentality and work rate. This should be a slam dunk? wtf is going on.

I can only put it down to Woodward being tight as feck and not budging from his original 50m deal. Ole is going to have to beg and borrow at this rate.
It does boggle the mind. He’s got so much wrong on the footballing side you can only think he’s worried about this being another

elnorte

Freaky fly day
If he arrives the Portuguese Frank Lampard he'll fast become the Portuguese Gylfi Sigurdsson.

If he arrives the Portuguese Gylfi Sigurdsson he'll fast become the Portuguese Darron Gibson.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
If he arrives the Portuguese Frank Lampard he'll fast become the Portuguese Gylfi Sigurdsson.

If he arrives the Portuguese Gylfi Sigurdsson he'll fast become the Portuguese Darron Gibson.
All of who would probably get game time in our current team.

George The Best

If Ole’s for the chop why can’t the board do what they usually do and collude with the next manager behind the current one’s back about transfers? Then just text him that he’s fired or leak it to the press.
I do now feel this is the issue. It’s been clear for ages that we need to strengthen in several areas. All we’ve done, so far this window, is sell a player. I’m really getting the feeling they don’t trust Ole with the money and he’ll be gone by end of season.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It does boggle the mind. He’s got so much wrong on the footballing side you can only think he’s worried about this being another
Especially as compared to our squad right now, we're relying on Pereira and Mata as our number tens. We spent 80m on a centre back that we didn't even desperately need! we're screaming out for a class number 10 that can shoot and pass.

ShinjiNinja26

This just isn’t happening is it? The most desperate we’ve been in years for midfield reinforcements and we can’t even sign a player who’s desperate to join us. Refusing to part with an extra few million to improve the team while these fecking parasites that own us have lined their pockets with over a billion of the clubs money now. Shocking!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think we have no money, that's why we 're hearing all these add on's talk...
Feels something like that. Either we're taking the piss stalling for time or we genuinely don't have it.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
This just isn’t happening is it? The most desperate we’ve been in years for midfield reinforcements and we can’t even sign a player who’s desperate to join us. Refusing to part with an extra few million to improve the team while these fecking parasites that own us have lined their pockets with over a billion of the clubs money now. Shocking!
It is happening and it's just going to be a negotiated deal on deadline day.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Anybody calling him a risk after watching our second half last night needs their head checked
They don't mean he's a risk in that he might be worse than Lingard. He is clearly better than what we had in the same way Maguire is clearly better than what we had. But spending huge amounts of money to only slightly improve upon players who have proven themselves substandard is not a good strategy. We paid that much for Maguire because we thought he'd be one of the best defenders in the league, in the same way we'd pay that much for Fernandes if we thought he'd be one of the best midfielders in the league. There's a chance that Maguire won't be that, and the money would've been better spent elsewhere - that's the risk. Same here.

We're one of the richest clubs in the world and also one of the most desperate clubs in the European elite. That makes these negotiations difficult because we're in such a weak position. That's just the reality. Generally when you're in a weak negotiating position you don't just cave into unreasonable demands, even if you're responsible for making those unreasonable demands possible in the first place. And if you did exactly that in the last deal, and it hasn't worked out all that well, it's sensible to be a bit more cautious this time.

There's no easy solutions to our predicament. That's just the reality of the situation.

Last edited:

SER19

They don't mean he's a risk in that he might be worse than Lingard. He is clearly better than what we had in the same way Maguire is clearly better than what we had. But spending huge amounts of money to only slightly improve upon players who have proven themselves substandard is not a good strategy. We paid that much for Maguire because we thought he'd be one of the best defenders in the league, in the same way we'd pay that much for Fernandes if we thought he'd be one of the best players in the league. There's a chance that Maguire won't be that, and the money would've been better spent elsewhere - that's the risk. Same here.
He's an immediate improvement on what we have for a price that is becoming more and more likely for a midfielder to the PL. To buy him now considering the trajectory of our season, doesn't hold any more risk than signing anybody does.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Wolves not doing bad with their Portuguese recruits.
Wolves signed 7 Portuguese players for £3m less than the transfer fee we have reportedly “low balled” them with and are refusing to budge on.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Money isn't there. Just more lies from the club. Be 1/2 loan deals at best now and we'll finish outside EL places for sure.

The day these twats sell the club is going to feel better than winning number 20. Oh we shall be partying.

George The Best

Wolves signed 7 Portuguese players for £3m less than the transfer fee we have reportedly “low balled” them with and are refusing to budge on.
I agree. My comment was really aimed at those saying buying Portuguese is risky. If you’ve got the right scouting network there are bargains all over the place. Wolves and Liverpool are demonstrating that.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He's an immediate improvement on what we have for a price that is becoming more and more likely for a midfielder to the PL. To buy him now considering the trajectory of our season, doesn't hold any more risk than signing anybody does.
But we're not buying him for the rest of the season, we're buying him for the next few years. So if he proves to be better than what we have, but ultimately not good enough in 18 months' time, that won't have been a good use of resources. If we had limitless money then there'd be no risks, but you can't ignore the fact money is limited and his signing needs to be looked at within a broader transfer strategy, rather than a one off impact buy.

We're not talking about getting Henrik Larsson on a 2 month loan. Only 2 midfielders have cost €80m+ before, and it's debatable whether the clubs that bought them would do the same again this time round (Pogba and Coutinho). It just isn't true that paying that amount of money for this player is a no brainer. It might be the right decision but it isn't mental to have reservations about it.

C'est Moi Cantona

Make it a rule to not overpay, which in this context means to not pay over the fee that we set for ourselves. And be better at scouting, people mention Campos and Rangnick but they seem to not realize that these two have for philosophy to target relatively cheap players that can become valuable assets through coaching, they base a lot of their strategy on adding a large quantity of players with upside. Someone mentioned it on the caf in the last 12 months we followed a strategy that involves a lower amount of transfers and after reading people complain about our net spend I looked at what it looked compared to other PL teams and if I'm not mistaken this summer we were the team with the highest average fee per player, our strategy is boneheaded it's a high risk low reward strategy.
Again wise words, but unless I'm mistaken we still have the same people making these decisions, so as highlighted why would we suddenly be expected to be intelligent, when we are still so clearly 'boneheaded', so just pay up.

DamoK

Money isn't there. Just more lies from the club. Be 1/2 loan deals at best now and we'll finish outside EL places for sure.

The day these twats sell the club is going to feel better than winning number 20. Oh we shall be partying.
I don't think they'll sell they'll continue to line their pockets. The fanbase need to continue taking action. As much as I hate to say it, they need to stop going to games and buying merchandise. Hit them where it hurts. They only way they'll leave is if we can force them out. Not replacing any of the players we've sold is negligent ownership. They are leaving Ole out to dry. Look at our net spend the last few windows absolutely pathetic for a so called "big club" in our situation. Do you think Bayern , Madrid, Juve, Barca or any other big club would have such a net spend it they finished outside the champions league places. I don't think so! Look what Madrid spent last year!

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Sky have it now that United agreed in principal at 55m then lowballed later at 42m when they sniffed that they needed money

SteveW

They have to do this deal surely.

Andreas playing that position for the rest of the season is unthinkable.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Obviously we shouldn't be spending stupid money on this guy. If he can't be had for a reasonable price, then hold fire and assess in the summer. This season is gone anyway.

C'est Moi Cantona

Balls. For a 5 month quick fix on someone we will want to upgrade on in a few windows?
Lots of fans wanted us to just pay the 90m on Maguire as well. Look how well thats playing out.
Not only would we be burning 50m on Bruno but well sell him at a loss and put pressure on the next big money transfer to succeed
I'm not championing Bruno, I'm just saying Ole clearly wants him, we are saying we want to back him, Bruno wants to come here, we are desperate, so just get it done, if he flops the sooner we are to moving on, if he's a hit the sooner we are to getting a decent team together for Ole.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
We're fecked no matter if we get him in or not.

Him with the other 3 main injuries back would be interesting to see, but it'll be too late in the season by the time they are all back.

Amarsdd

Sky have it now that United agreed in principal at 55m then lowballed later at 42m when they sniffed that they needed money
Sky have reported almost every variations possible in this deal. Almost as if they have no clue ..

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Which is the complete opposite to the story Simon Stone et al were reporting saying that United were told they were close to an agreement but the fee suddenly jumped up to £70m when they sensed we were desperate and being pressured by our fans.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Which is the complete opposite to the story Simon Stone et al were reporting saying that United were told they were close to an agreement but the fee suddenly jumped up to £70m when they sensed we were desperate and being pressured by our fans.
I know which version I’d believe more and it’s not stones brief. United have history

RUCK4444

Obviously we shouldn't be spending stupid money on this guy. If he can't be had for a reasonable price, then hold fire and assess in the summer. This season is gone anyway.
Disagree, if we can get a top player in January then we definitely should.

Anybody that helps us achieve top 4, that is an absolute must for us to get this rebuild moving forwards.

Plus if we have acquired a player now our hand will be stronger in negotiating with clubs in the summer, as we won’t look so desperate and depleted. Win win.

Tel074

I do now feel this is the issue. It’s been clear for ages that we need to strengthen in several areas. All we’ve done, so far this window, is sell a player. I’m really getting the feeling they don’t trust Ole with the money and he’ll be gone by end of season.

Mate they have no money to spend that's the problem . Them parasites have ruined our club and I for one will not be renewing my season ticket and I won't be getting another one until the Glazers are fuked out of the club

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
The thing is, the prices this upcoming summer window won't be cheap either due to the Euros. Dither this Jan window, imagine the hesitation this August?

NJM78

The thing is, the prices this upcoming summer window won't be cheap either due to the Euros. Dither this Jan window, imagine the hesitation this August?
We are guaranteed to feck up this more difficult window with the Euros and once again no CL to offer.
It’s going to be a shit show and it’s pretty obvious our money is tighter than gnats arse.

vivaronaldo

We are guaranteed to feck up this more difficult window with the Euros and once again no CL to offer.
It’s going to be a shit show and it’s pretty obvious our money is tighter than gnats arse.
i actually think his agent is thinking we can do better than united

croadyman

I really hope there is no truth in Utd agreeing a deal for £55m and then deciding to undercut Sporting by offering £42m.

That is a complete and utter insult and then to rub salt in the wound we have that vile yankee leech Joel Glazer sticking his nose where it don't belong.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
The funny thing is no United player would play for Portugal and the 3 best players (Gea, Pogba and Rashford), Patricio is playing better than Gea, Bruno is playing better than Pogba for the last 2 years and Rashford would have to compete with Ronaldo or Silva.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The funny thing is no United player would play for Portugal and the 3 best players (Gea, Pogba and Rashford), Patricio is playing better than Gea, Bruno is playing better than Pogba for the last 2 years and Rashford would have to compete with Ronaldo or Silva.
Pogba is deployed in a deeper role for France. Griezmann plays the same role as Bruno.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
None of them are Portuguese though

Status
Not open for further replies.