Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante

Average bang
Simon Stone, along with other reputed English journalists, consistently said last summer that United weren't seriously interested in Bruno. That changed this window. Now it's the English journalists who are saying something's going on, while continental journalists like Dimarzio and Fabrizio Romano are completely silent.
Continental journalists are far from silent (see the post above). And Simon Stone isn't reporting interest from his own contacts in the club (which are what have made him 'reputable') - he's passing on information 2nd hand from other journalists.

Bestietom

I want to congratulate Ed Woodward and his PR team for making this rumor and taking all aimfrom fans for signing new players just end this up in 31st january with "no winter deal in place, talks continue in summer".
Seems they don't want Rojo, Gomes, or Goalkeeper Pereira, in deal. They want full 65million. Todays Mirror.

Bestietom

Simon Stone, along with other reputed English journalists, consistently said last summer that United weren't seriously interested in Bruno. That changed this window. Now it's the English journalists who are saying something's going on, while continental journalists like Dimarzio and Fabrizio Romano are completely silent.
Agent and Chairman were over talking with Woody and Judge on Friday.

Adamsk7

If we can get him sub £60 million (pounds - most figures are in euro) then I think that’s job well done. He’s a Portugal regular, a captain of his club, a good age at 25 and despite the league he plays in, has great stats in every competition.

Don’t understand why anyone would not want him - he’s a huge upgrade on Lingard/Pereira in that role and works just as hard, if not harder, than either of them too.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
This is almost beat-for-beat identical to what happened in the Summer.

United got described as being seriously in for him. A tier 1 AC Milan based journalist said the deal was all wrapped up. Inter and Atletico also got linked. The delays were explained away by saying that a particular match was going to be the last he ever plays for Sporting for some important reason.

I expect that before the end of the window, there are going to be links to Real Madrid (just like there were last tiime).

This is nothing more than a sequel to the opening story, with the end of the trilogy being released in the Summer. The final twist will be when he signs for Spartak Moscow.

Whichever journalist wrote the original narrative is probably earning a lot of money from their articles right now. 2019 proved it was baseless. I don't know why anybody is falling for it again.
Yeah, I’m starting to think the same. I mean, what has changed in 6 months to make us sign him now rather than last summer? It just shows us up as being silly.

There’s also *plenty* of precedent of Portuguese league players being linked to us endlessly, even by reliable sources, with no actual result.

SouthPredators4

If we can get him sub £60 million (pounds - most figures are in euro) then I think that’s job well done. He’s a Portugal regular, a captain of his club, a good age at 25 and despite the league he plays in, has great stats in every competition.
If we have a huge transfer Budget, I wouldn’t having him, given his shooting and set pieces abilities. But if we are planning to play him as a 10 or further midfielder among the 3, I get the feeling his skill set wouldn’t translate well into the league due to lack of space and time on the ball. Would very much prefer Odegaard or Grealish whom retains possession better and offers more creativity.

LonelyFire

Facts as follows:

1. We’ve been here before with the same player and many others from Portugal. On the verge, nearly completed, final hours....
2. If it was any of the above, would he have played in a meaningless league cup game last night? Of course not.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I want to congratulate Ed Woodward and his PR team for making this rumor and taking all aimfrom fans for signing new players just end this up in 31st january with "no winter deal in place, talks continue in summer".
Another member for the tinfoil hat brigade.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Isn't that the same for all transfer threads?
Its the nature of transfers in general. People tend to infest these threads 24/7 which builds ridiculously unrealistic levels of expectation, then become predictably disappointed when the expectations their own actions created, never materialize.

gr3yham3

Talks are continuing for Bruno Fernandes to #mufc. The presence of Sporting officials at the club’s offices in London indicates a willingness to get a deal done #mulive [the athletic]

cloyton

Such a weird transfer saga this.

Surely if United were truly not interested we would have denied this rumourwith a press release and not asking ole in his post match and pre match comments..

But why would we allow a 60m asset and a pretty good player to join us & help us reach champions league and let him play in a meaingless game last night with the chance of injury?

Something isnt quite adding up here. I do wonder if Erikson/Grealish/Maddison were our top choices and he is a last minute signing as we cant sign those.. (which is stupid as I think he has the potential to be the best of the lot).. Worried though last minute we will pull out and he will join PSG/Chelsea/Spurs..

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
How do we know that?
Because many established English Journalists have confirmed it, alongside the Portuguese press.

The BBC don't confirm things that aren't true, they never said anything about Fernandes before from their own sources. It's fair to say Sporting high ups have DEFINITELY been in London at our offices for talks.

Sporting themselves have even confirmed it, their manager has they expect him to leave and have even name checked United. It's not just a rumour at this point.

SCJY

Would be amazing to get Bruno but my desire to just be rid of Lingard is far greater than seeing Bruno in a United shirt, even without a new signing.

Allas8

All the noise is old news, its just the news cycle catching up. Yes we where interested, took a look at him, and probably passed. Its not like Bruno is coming from a particular good season, he has not scored a goal from open play in the Portuguese league since round 4. He do have a few assist though, and goals in Europa League, but nowhere close to worth the price being quoted.

Also what we need is a CM or a holding midfielder. Can Bruno partner up with Fred in a double pivot on the midfield? If not then we should not sign him in January, as we already have plenty of AMs.

Last edited:

gr3yham3

All the noise is just old news. Yes we where interested, took a look at him, and probably passed. Its not like Bruno is coming from a particular good season, he has not scored a goal from open play in the Portuguese league since round 4. He do have a few assist though, and goals in Europa League, but no where close to worth the price being quoted.

Also what we need is a CM or a holding midfielder. Can Bruno partner up with Fred in a double pivot on the midfield? If not then we should not sign him in January, as we already have plenty of AMs.
Erm, who are the AMs that you are referring to, may I ask?

Zen86

Why are Sporting so seemingly desperate to get rid of him? There’s been so much noise and yet so little interest as far as I can tell.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Why are Sporting so seemingly desperate to get rid of him? There’s been so much noise and yet so little interest as far as I can tell.
They're in financial difficulties I think.

Allas8

Erm, who are the AMs that you are referring to, may I ask?
Andreas
Mata
Gomes
Lingard

Thats 4 AM for 1 position. Thinking they are not good enough is one thing, but we do have players for this position.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Andreas
Mata
Gomes
Lingard

Thats 4 AM for 1 position. Thinking they are not good enough is one thing, but we do have players for this position.
Lingarrd has to go. And Gomes more than likely wont sign a new contract. I would keep Andreas and Mata along with Bruno if he comes.

Allas8

Lingarrd has to go. And Gomes more than likely wont sign a new contract. I would keep Andreas and Mata along with Bruno if he comes.
Bruno might be an upgrade on Lingard, but I would not expect him to have a immediate impact on the squad in January. He is going to need time to adjust to English football, so we might as well sign him in the summer. The story was that he was offered to us, but it seems more like we where used to spike up the price for Bruno, or Solskjaer did not like what he saw in the Porto-Sporting game, as this story seems pretty dead in the water right now. But maybe something will come of it next week, I dont know.

Also Lingard is not as worthless in Solskjaer eyes as we make him out to be, and will make do for the rest of the season, even though he needs long term replacing.

MrSingh2002

Ed probably intentionally lowballed them.

Offering trash players in exchange to ensure the deal wasn't going to be done.

Yet give the impression that he's "backing Ole" with approaching targets.

feck Ed Woodward and his fake offers. He's used these tactics before with his last minute bullshit bids for players.

Cliche Guevara

It is a bit of an odd one. It seems only United could be potentially ripped off by a club desperate for money openly trying to sell a player.

I like him and want to sign him but this is a £40m situation so if Sporting are continuing to take the piss then just close the door.

To be honest, as many have said, after the summer if we genuinely wanted him this should have been done by January 1st.

billybee99

Ed probably intentionally lowballed them.

Offering trash players in exchange to ensure the deal wasn't going to be done.

Yet give the impression that he's "backing Ole" with approaching targets.

feck Ed Woodward and his fake offers. He's used these tactics before with his last minute bullshit bids for players.
Not the biggest Woodward fan but I'm getting tired of these ridiculous anti-Woodward agenda posts that are complete fabrications of fact. Who has he "lowballed?" I see this all the time on the Caf. He broke a world record to sign Pogba. He broke a world record to sign Slabhead. He paid 75 million for Lukaku. 54 for Fred. 50 for AWB. 64 for ADM. Who exactly is he lowballing? If you want to question his ability to choose players, that's fair game. If you think he has made horrible choices, that's hard to deny. But this guy has pulled up his big boy underwear many times when it comes to these big deals and more often than not, he gets them over the line and then everyone on the Caf proclaims him to be a genius and the Kermit the frog gifs come out and then, a year later, when the player has underperformed, Woodward is an idiot again.

Status
Not open for further replies.