Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
You've missed the point. Woodward has come out after we've lost games and made press releases about how we've got 'football men' making the decisions on our board and how our scouting system is so advanced (databases!) etc etc. He's also bragged that 'Man United can do things other clubs can't' which judging by his tenure at United has been to offer stupid wages to anyone who'll take them. Oh and we also just hired a director of public relations (first signing of the window!) so yeah, Woody is a wiley figure who knows his job is under pressure. Press releases are often quite easy to distinguish from general journo rumour and Woody is well known for them when we're underperforming, especially seeing as he's getting boo'd at our games now...
That's all well and good, but none of that has anything to do with the original point I was replying to. Apparently, the Guardian, the BBC, the whole of Portugal, they're all falling for Eds plan and this is just part of a pattern. It's absolute nonsense.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I want to congratulate Ed Woodward and his PR team for making this rumor and taking all aimfrom fans for signing new players just end this up in 31st january with "no winter deal in place, talks continue in summer".
What an insanely stupid post.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That's all well and good, but none of that has anything to do with the original point I was replying to. Apparently, the Guardian, the BBC, the whole of Portugal, they're all falling for Eds plan and this is just part of a pattern. It's absolute nonsense.
Agreed. I don't blame people being cautious but this is passed the point of being a pure rumour.

IMO it's a done deal, they're just waiting for the right timing and sorting out the little details. Other club presidents don't just fly over randomly for a chat unless it's very advanced.

spiriticon

I generally don't really rate players from the Portuguese league (more misses than hits usually) so hopefully this guy is more Ronaldo and less Quaresma

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
So from Castles, it's a bit complicated because it involves players from our side and Sporting are busy making it look pretty from a PR side.

Rojo himself looks to have an offer from Turkey which would be better for him and us, but Spotting are trying to push to get him.

Looks like this can drag on even more if the deal hinges on them getting players in return.

Ban

So from Castles, it's a bit complicated because it involves players from our side and Sporting are busy making it look pretty from a PR side.

Rojo himself looks to have an offer from Turkey which would be better for him and us, but Spotting are trying to push to get him.

Looks like this can drag on even more if the deal hinges on them getting players in return.
Can we give them Jones?

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes

It's a pity Rojo has already played for Sporting otherwise we could have just sent them Lingard and told them it was Rojo.

Smashin

Supports
Sporting CP
I dont know a single Sporting supporter that would want Rojo back. :nervous:

Rolaholic

I generally don't really rate players from the Portuguese league (more misses than hits usually) so hopefully this guy is more Ronaldo and less Quaresma
Tbf to them, they've produced quite a bit of talent for all their duds. From Benfica alone we've seen the likes of Matic, Di Maria, Lindelof, Oblak, Semedo, Ederson, Witsel, Luiz, Bernardo Silva , Rodrigo and Felix come through over the last decade.

As a whole the league is on par with the Eredivisie and Ligue 1 in terms of producing good talent for Europes top leagues

Adam-Utd

I dont know a single Sporting supporter that would want Rojo back. :nervous:
Honestly he's not the worst if he can stay fit, he's just quite rash and makes silly mistakes.

His main issue for us was he would be very good for matches in a row then get injured.

pacifictheme

If we sign him can someone make one of those great dancing gifs please. Always enjoy them.

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
Tbf to them, they've produced quite a bit of talent for all their duds. From Benfica alone we've seen the likes of Matic, Di Maria, Lindelof, Oblak, Semedo, Ederson, Witsel, Luiz, Bernardo Silva , Rodrigo and Felix come through over the last decade.

As a whole the league is on par with the Eredivisie and Ligue 1 in terms of producing good talent for Europes top leagues
:lol:

Wheato

If he's a better version of Lingard, Pereira and other Mata's, I'm all for it.
BETTER????!!!!! Just the 15 goals and 13 assists at the halfway point of the season. He is on a different planet to the 3 you mentioned. He's got more assists than Maddison and Grealish combined. Think about that for a moment. He's only scored 2 less than Maddison and Grealish combined. This guy is the real deal.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
If player wants to join and that's what Telegraph states then should be easier than ever. Final decision probably still belongs to Woodward and he canceled some deals in the past. Hopefully won't happen this time.

Rashford could score way more goals with players like Bruno behind him. It's almost mandatory type of deal in current situation.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
:lol:

I'd rather we kept Rojo than Jones anyway
Regardless of which of those is sold, our injury problems should reduce by magnitudes. Jones adds 300+ days injuries per year to our squad all by himself, Rojo collectively adds at least that via injuries to other members of our squad.

Adamsk7

I doubt it hinges on them getting players - they are in financial difficulty so pure cash is best for them, especially since our players will be on big wages compared to theirs.
I’m sure we have offered players to sweeten the deal and the hold up is them (and the players involved) seeing if it can work - if not, I’m sure we’ll work out some sort of bonuses or instalments for a straight money sale.

dove

If he's a better version of Lingard, Pereira and other Mata's, I'm all for it.
A tree would be more useful on the pitch than Lingard who quite literally contributes nothing to the team. His stats for someone who plays as an attacking mid are just horrendous.

Adam-Utd

BETTER????!!!!! Just the 15 goals and 13 assists at the halfway point of the season. He is on a different planet to the 3 you mentioned. He's got more assists than Maddison and Grealish combined. Think about that for a moment. He's only scored 2 less than Maddison and Grealish combined. This guy is the real deal.
Steady, this is the Portuguese league. There's 4/5 good teams maximum and they're all dodgy at defending. If Fernandes can get better numbers than either of those in the premier league i'd be happy.

Fletchageddon

Lingard being exchanged doesn't help us with midfield numbers! He's obviously on his way out but would be useful to have around for the end of the season. We need Bruno and at least one other midfielder this window.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Lingard being exchanged doesn't help us with midfield numbers! He's obviously on his way out but would be useful to have around for the end of the season. We need Bruno and at least one other midfielder this window.
What, is that happening?

redshaw

Oh sweet,, it's firming up nicely, the Bruno transfer that is.

Bruno can play in a 433 similar to Herrera and score more. He works hard tackling, closing down players, picking the ball up deep. He's not an outright number 10. His signing can help the midfield in general with injuries.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
He is as useful as the ballboy. That's an insult to the ballboy.

Withnail

Steady, this is the Portuguese league. There's 4/5 good teams maximum and they're all dodgy at defending. If Fernandes can get better numbers than either of those in the premier league i'd be happy.
Agreed - it's not a valid comparison.

There's isn't a hope he's hitting the same numbers in the PL.

Smashin

Supports
Sporting CP
Honestly he's not the worst if he can stay fit, he's just quite rash and makes silly mistakes.

His main issue for us was he would be very good for matches in a row then get injured.
Yea we know him pretty well. :D
He wouldnt be a starter, even worse considering the wages he would be on, we cant really afford that on a backup with so many fitness problems.

A left side of Acuna and Rojo would be something special, doing turns on who gets sent off every 3 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.