g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Smith

We simply are not fully convinced (rightly so imo) by him hence are not willing to overpay, I think that's a reasonable approach.
Do you have any evidence to support that at all, or are you just projecting your opinion onto the club?

Its not a reasonable approach either. You haggle to get the best deal, not because youre half in the bag about maming the deal at all. If we weren't convinced, I doubt we'd be haggling over 5-10mil; We wouldn't be investing in the first place.

Munkehboi

Well we will probably find out tomorrow evening for sure, if he does a lap of honour, claps four sides of the stadium and cries a bit. If he dosen't then its just another day on the Caf:lol:

MrVolley

Just softening Sporting up so we can sign Fernandes in time for the 2022/2023 season.
Patience please. All part of project Ole.

Snafu17

Well Castles has the same story and despite being generally useless he pretty much is a mouthpiece for Mendes. Considering the difference I imagine we will likely get this done until the end of the window, just not any time soon.

Munkehboi

Woodwards been playing Football manager again! Offered £40mil upgront + £35mil when Bruno scores 200 goals, makes 100 international appearences and we win the EPL and CL.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
if we’ve gone as far as offering that, we’re just testing the water. It’ll get done.

I’ve never seen us bid a real bid and not go through with it.

Kostov

Sorry if you confused me thinking Young is a really important player to us but I’ll play along anyway. Dalot is never fit. Laird has played what, once? And you think they will offer more than Young?

Anyway, the point was more about all the guff about Ole having the backing in the market etc. For us then to sell a player and not bring anyone in would be pretty hilarious and/or unsurprising. If we aren’t in for Bruno the club need to come out ASAP and say so.
Yes I really do think that Laird, a very very exciting talented young RB (by regular youth team watchers described as one of our most kids) will offer and can offer more than an abysmal player like Young.

The club imo once again demonstrate how amateurish we are being run. We went half a season crying out for midfielders, here we are 16th of January we are yet to bring one, when we need at least two. Someone should tell that moron Woodward, that they can negotiate for a player before January, this is not FIFA career mode. Even more so imo CDM is a more pressing concern than CAM, we will obviously not sign defensive midfielder.

11reds

Ah, yes. Written by a man with an esteemed background in football-related transactions. I’m willing to estimate that the buying and selling of football
players is a little more nuanced than that.
Fair enough maybe it is not easy but look at Liverpool they had their transfer wrapped up in first week of January. We should be getting deals done quicker and more smoothly.

SCJY

Would rather we kept Young and sold Lingard for a bag of chips to be honest.

RedDevil@84

Are we still discussing.
I love Woodward's extended discussions that happen every summer.............. in papers.

binary bot
We'll meet at about 60m. Transfer negotiations are predictable as feck.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What this really stinks of as the inadequacy of the board.

Even whilst granting Bruno is a complicated transfer, the groundwork of negotiations could have taken place well in advance, from fee structures to the total amount payable.

The fact that its well reported to be delayed due to saving face for a Benfica match, or that final payment structures need ironing out via mended is testament to the fact that we kickstarted this target too fecking late.

You'd think that given how shit our state is, we'd be proactive with January as an opportunity to get players in early. And it's evident we are ironing out details that can and should have been sorted a while ago. Fecking imbociles running this club, the lot of them.

Son

I'm not even that desperate for this deal to go through like some... The fact we are stalling at £50 million I completey understand. Bruno is a very good player but doesn't play the dominating football I'd like to see us play in the Premier League.

I'd rather have Soumare in January then Havertz/ Maddison in the summer... I can see us buying Bruno and City getting Maddison who goes onto become an all time Premier League great since he's still so young for a similar fee.

Judas

Open to offers
I'm sure it'll get done if we've got to this point, I just find the cat and mouse game of the board trying to be clever very very tedious, especially when we're currently so mediocre.

Judas

Open to offers
I'm not even that desperate for this deal to go through like some... The fact we are stalling at £50 million I completey understand. Bruno is a very good player but doesn't play the dominating football I'd like to see us play in the Premier League.

I'd rather have Soumare in January then Havertz/ Maddison in the summer... I can see us buying Bruno and City getting Maddison who goes onto become an all time Premier League great since he's still so young for a similar fee.
Truth be told Maddison will have his pick of top English clubs, and currently we're just not one of them. We'd have to really finish the season well, and pay mad money to get him I think.

fps

Woodwards been playing Football manager again! Offered £40mil upgront + £35mil when Bruno scores 200 goals, makes 100 international appearences and we win the EPL and CL.
When the second Ballon D'Or comes round the money really starts rolling in.

Paul778

Different window same old story...

We'll wrap this up on 29th Jan, maximising the social media imprints over the whole of the transfer window.

... without having to open the wallet more than once.

It's laughable how bad we are at pursuing multiple transfers at once. This is a club that's so bad at transfer business it lets a release clause lapse only to pay millions more a few weeks later. At least we're improving... :confused:

cyberman

Players on exchange would feck Sampdoria and their percentage. Cant get that they ask for sky high fee so they get something.

Honestly, tell them to get fecked. They came back to us and nobbody else will remotely appraoch the fee theyre looking for

Shimo

What this really stinks of as the inadequacy of the board.

Even whilst granting Bruno is a complicated transfer, the groundwork of negotiations could have taken place well in advance, from fee structures to the total amount payable.

The fact that its well reported to be delayed due to saving face for a Benfica match, or that final payment structures need ironing out via mended is testament to the fact that we kickstarted this target too fecking late.

You'd think that given how shit our state is, we'd be proactive with January as an opportunity to get players in early. And it's evident we are ironing out details that can and should have been sorted a while ago. Fecking imbociles running this club, the lot of them.
I think the timing was a bit forced with the extended time out for Pogba and McTomminay. I don't think he was an actual target for January, might not even be Ole's planned target seeing as we didn't do it in the summer. But, now with the injuries and the issues we clearly seen with Mata/Lingard/Perreira at #10 role, Ole probably changed his mind to sanctioning the purchase and also to look to get it done in the January window rather than summer.

However bad we think think the Judge/Woodwards are, if they had already identified him as a January purchase, they are not that stupid to just wait for the sake of it.

Nr.7

Seems that we agreed a deal with B.Fernandes now we just need to agree the deal with Sporting.

So in other words nothing has changed since the summer. The exact same thing happened with this boring saga last summer.

Eddy_JukeZ

It still feels like our approach is so scatter-gun.

I mean did Ole/Woodward really need to see half a season of Mata/Lingard/Periera at #10 to realize they're not that good?

Did we really need an injury crisis at midfield before we signed a midfielder?

Hopefully this deal gets done, though I have never watched Fernandes play, so hopefully he's a good addition.

ravi2

It still feels like our approach is so scatter-gun.

I mean did Ole/Woodward really need to see half a season of Mata/Lingard/Periera at #10 to realize they're not that good?

Did we really need an injury crisis at midfield before we signed a midfielder?

Hopefully this deal gets done, though I have never watched Fernandes play, so hopefully he's a good addition.
Different window same old story...

We'll wrap this up on 29th Jan, maximising the social media imprints over the whole of the transfer window.

... without having to open the wallet more than once.

It's laughable how bad we are at pursuing multiple transfers at once. This is a club that's so bad at transfer business it lets a release clause lapse only to pay millions more a few weeks later. At least we're improving... :confused:

All paths lead back the fact we dont have a qualified DOF or qualified person in general overseeing footballing operations at United and this will not change until Woodward steps down or steps out.

clarkydaz

Those silly clauses like winning CL were reported in the summer in the AWB saga, which C. Palace laughed off. So we will haggle and eventually pay around what they want anyway. Weeks wasted

sosolid4u09

If its true and we are playing hardball with the price, its getting dangerously close to the point where someone will come in last second and offer sporting 60 and take bruno! Wouldn't put it past Chelsea or arteta

Marcelinho87

If its true and we are playing hardball with the price, its getting dangerously close to the point where someone will come in last second and offer sporting 60 and take bruno! Wouldn't put it past Chelsea or arteta
Yes, there is a massive queue for the guy.

AR87

Those silly clauses like winning CL were reported in the summer in the AWB saga, which C. Palace laughed off. So we will haggle and eventually pay around what they want anyway. Weeks wasted
Actually in that instance they reportedly asked for 70m, we bid 25m, then it was 60m they asked, and we bid 40m, and finally we compromised at 45+5m.

I imagine something similar will happen here.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
If we don't get this done and end up singing no one, then I can only imagine the chants that United faithful will conjure up for Woodward and the Glazers.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
What annoys me about this club is we seem incapable of assessing fair value for players in relation to the market and the individual circumstances. What they’re asking for isn’t extortion, for a player of his importance to the team and his numbers compared to other players throughout Europe it’s more than fair. So fecking pay it.

clarkydaz

What annoys me about this club is we seem incapable of assessing fair value for players in relation to the market and the individual circumstances. What they’re asking for isn’t extortion, for a player of his importance to the team and his numbers compared to other players throughout Europe it’s more than fair. So fecking pay it.
Madrid should do this for Pogba in the summer, for a laugh. See what Ed thinks

luke511

That's the thing, how the feck can Matt Judge put an accurate value on a football player when he's never been seen at a football game and has no credible evidence that he's qualified to do so? No wonder we've been fleeced as much as we have, especially with contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.