Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

romufc

Now that panic has set in with The Judge & Woody that Barca are sniffing around - we finally get to see the sequel to The Fellani transfer......

we will end up signing him now for MORE than what was asked at the beginning of Jan, having spend a month pissing around squabbling over a few quid......

I bet it was Mendes - he’ll also get a slice of cake now as well.......

we will have been well and truly played....again

when woody said we could do things in the market that other clubs only dreamed of - he was right - we can start off a negotiation and end up paying more than the original asking price.....no one else can/does that

laughing stock we will be
What will happen is Barca sign him for 40m Euros.

Loan him to Valencia and make it look easy.

In contrary to what Ole, Woodward and Co think happens in a transfer window.

theklr

Sad thing is they could have really lifted the spirits of the club by getting him earlier, even if they had to pay £5 or £10 million more. Even if they sign him in the end it will just show even more clearly how badly this club is run, all the joy is sucked out.

Granted, much of the hype and excitement comes because of clickbait jounalists and the two clubs putting pressure on eachother, so the club doesnt have all the blaim for that.

But ffs, they could have had him ready for Burnley.

croadyman

Definitely time to panic if any of the reliable british journos start reporting this Valencia on loan stuff. I don't see us gaining control of the transfer back this late which is a shame.

Last edited:

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
@GBBQ the issue with number 3 is we'd be better off spending that money now so we're in a position of power come the summer, rather than being fleeced as we're left with 3 senior midfielders.

Member 39557

Sad thing is they could have really lifted the spirits of the club by getting him earlier, even if they had to pay £5 or £10 million more. Even if they sign him in the end it will just show even more clearly how badly this club is run, all the joy is sucked out.

Granted, much of the hype and excitement comes because of clickbait jounalists and the two clubs putting pressure on eachother, so the club doesnt have all the blaim for that.

Sorry to be that guy, but I've seen you spell this incorrectly a few times and its actual spelling is blame.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Definitely time to panic if any of the reliable british journos start reporting this Valencia on loan stuff. I don't see us gaining control of the transfer back this late which is a shame.

Kind Regards

Neil Croad
Did you do that on purpose or is it your email signature? :lol:

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think the words "and" and "Sporting" should be dropped from the thread title.

romufc

At this point, surely Ed Woodward would have to let Bruno go to Barca. He is doomed either way.

If the club did not think he was worth £50m 3 weeks ago, they should not change their stance because of Barca.

The reason they did not sign him in addition to pure incompetence is they do not feel he is the right person, well then back forget about him, release a statement saying United pull out the deal and move on.

We do not need to be dragged into a bidding war. Ed will get stick either way, stick to your guns

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Sounds to cumbersome to be true. Most likely pressure from Sporting to make United pay already.
Sport witness have been purveyors of bullshit this whole saga.

Still throw enough shit at a wall and some is bound to stick

Rolaholic

They never actually report the news themselves though nor do they ever claim to.

They just investigate the reports and try to offer a clearer picture with some context to the claims that different sources make.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

They are not, they don't sell any news. They just translate foreign papers to English.

They are doing it for more than 6-7 years and still people don't get the point of Sport Witness.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
At this point, surely Ed Woodward would have to let Bruno go to Barca. He is doomed either way.

If the club did not think he was worth £50m 3 weeks ago, they should not change their stance because of Barca.

The reason they did not sign him in addition to pure incompetence is they do not feel he is the right person, well then back forget about him, release a statement saying United pull out the deal and move on.

We do not need to be dragged into a bidding war. Ed will get stick either way, stick to your guns
Probably. Then in the summer we will pay twice as much for someone the England manager is not sure about, over a European Champion with Portugal. Then if we can't get him, more than Bruno for someone who can't even get in the England squad, nevermind the side.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I dont think United would cave if these Barca/Valencia rumours turn out to be true. Actually narratively Ed and Judge probably welcome it.
They'll have their new set of Media minions who'll write up a few fluff pieces about Sporting being hard to deal with,Mendes involvement making matters more difficult,agent fees etc

Anyway,once the TW closes Ed and Judge will probably have a nice few weeks break for all of the hard work they've put in.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I dont think United would cave if these Barca/Valencia rumours turn out to be true. Actually narratively Ed and Judge probably welcome it.
They'll have their new set of Media minions who'll write up a few fluff pieces about Sporting being hard to deal with,Mendes involvement making matters more difficult,agent fees etc

Anyway,once the TW closes Ed and Judge will probably have a nice few weeks break for all of the hard work they've put in.
Probably and leave Ole to face the music on his own.

RedCurry

We're not "doomed" because we may miss out on Bruno. There are many other footballers in the world who can take us to the top.

We're doomed because we have incompetence at all levels.

Seb burrow

have to agree with this. Surely they’d make a return on shirt sales anyway to recoup that extra 5m.

With the media press if it ain’t on Sky Sports News I tend to ignore it. Can’t trust anything these website/papers says.

bonothom

Some respect for the man might not be a bad idea. He's a legend of the club.
Legend as a player, Glazers puppet
The feck is this. The man is a club legend.
Besides, almost every manager out there will parrot what he has been asked to say to press. That is how clubs work.
It is naive to believe everything manager says or get worked up about it.

You seriously didn't believe "There was no value in the market" when SAF kept saying that. Right?
It didn't really matter when Fergie was saying it as he was managing a team either winning the league or coming second and so there was no desperate need to buy players. For Solskjaer to sit there repeating the same crap while United are totally shit and desperate for players means he is talking utter crap. I would have more respect for him if he put it back on the board and stopped talking crap.

EireRed_GS

Even if the Barca story is nonsense.. I still think Spurs would get him before us.. Theyve sold Eriksen now, wouldnt surprise me if they swooped in and got him good and quick ahead of Ed and that other clown

romufc

Probably. Then in the summer we will pay twice as much for someone the England manager is not sure about, over a European Champion with Portugal. Then if we can't get him, more than Bruno for someone who can't even get in the England squad, nevermind the side.
Welcome to the Manchester United business plan.

Say there is no player with right attribute for the right price. Barca get a player for 40m Euros which translates to less than £35m.

Pay £80m for Cb
pay £50m for full back who has played one season
Pay £50m on Cm from Shaktar.

Nick7

They are not, they don't sell any news. They just translate foreign papers to English.

They are doing it for more than 6-7 years and still people don't get the point of Sport Witness.
they don't and it's really really funny that they don't :lol:

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Even if the Barca story is nonsense.. I still think Spurs would get him before us.. Theyve sold Eriksen now, wouldnt surprise me if they swooped in and got him good and quick ahead of Ed and that other clown
Think Spurs have got his replacement already with that PSV lad.

Nick7

they have lo celso as ekrisen's replacement. they've just today triggered the clause to turn his loan into a permanent deal. I'd wager the bruno stuff from the summer was just to put pressure on betis to accept the deal, which is when the bruno to spurs stuff died down in the media.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

Say there is no player with right attribute for the right price. Barca get a player for 40m Euros which translates to less than £35m.

Pay £80m for Cb
except the fee reported is 60m euros

theklr

We're not "doomed" because we may miss out on Bruno. There are many other footballers in the world who can take us to the top.

We're doomed because we have incompetence at all levels.
It can very quickly accelerate the downward spiral though. No players in would probably mean worse PL position at the end of the season and getting knocked out of Europa league.

It will then be even harder and more expensive to sign the players we need. Think the board got it all wrong - signing no players now will make potential new players see that we arent prepared to do whats necessary to get back on top.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Doomed? Talk about exaggeration as if Bruno is the best player ever. Sporting can feck off.

We may be doomed not because we didnt sign him for 70m+ but we didnt sign anyone else despite having some money in our kitty.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022

Pay £80m for Cb
I get you're trying to have a pop at the club, but you've knocked 20m euros off the price for Barca and you've highlighted 3 players we've signed that have been 3 of our better performers this season.

Strange points to make to try and beef up your argument

croadyman

Pay £80m for Cb
Yeah we look like absolute hypocrites for being willing to spend big on two british players but not pushing the boat out for a Portuguese midfielder we badly needed.

Looking very much like Barca have swooped in and showed Utd how a properly run team does transfer business.

We just dithered around and are now going to pay a heavy price for it when he rips it up at Barca.

I see TVI24 are trying to raise our hopes again with that tweet but not confident at all. You know it is definitely over if O Jogo start reporting bits on this.

Last edited:

romufc

I get you're trying to have a pop at the club, but you've knocked 20m euros off the price for Barca and you've highlighted 3 players we've signed that have been 3 of our better performers this season.

Strange points to make to try and beef up your argument
The fact that they are our better players doesn't mean they were worth the money paid.

The reason they all look good because the rest of the squad is so crap.

No one would have mocked 50m Euros for Bruno as being over paid.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

ManUtd's 55+10 million bid should be accepted. Player won't go to Barca/Valencia

Status
Not open for further replies.