Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Wonder if we'll announce him before the thrashing or afterwards.
Definitely will be saved for tomorrow to change the negative press. Or perhaps straight after.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Hope we have muppets stationed in Lisbon (or Porto, wherever he is flying in from) to keep us updated when flight takes off. Later we will need muppets at Manchester airport, Carrington and Lowry. Big day ahead!

DBT85

Btw, did Bruno Fernandes get British passport? I'm sure I read on caf that we look at only British players and our transfer policy was some Brexit.
His mother flew over the UK once while pregnant so he gets counted into the Brexit quota.

Kostov

The same can be said for the gullible ones believing every negative things they write about us. Pot. Kettle. Black.
Maybe because many of those negative things turn out to be true? Have you been on a deserted island for the past 7 years?

Tiber

I think he is going to be great, assuming we can partner him with the right players... Aka not Matic

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think he is going to be great, assuming we can partner him with the right players... Aka not Matic
In fairness with Brunos work ethic along with Fred, Matic may have an easier time keeping it simple in McTominays absence.

DoctorDark

First player to join United sporting a beard since this chap:
I was at OT when he scored his first goal. Spurs I think it was. The whole place just fell about laughing. I believe he went about 25 games without scoring.

GoldanoGraham

His mother flew over the UK once while pregnant so he gets counted into the Brexit quota.
I’m sure Boris and his team will enable football to still thrive as they are making up the rules as they go along - don’t think there will be any issues after Brexit - and there is a 2 year transition period anyway so no issues with this

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Absolutely buzzing for this - didn't expect us to get the deal done.

Thank god for Mendes the crafty bugger. Mental that it took the fear of losing him to finally go in full guns blazing.

Thiagoal

I think the point is that, whilst he's going to be a better option then them two, being better than said two shouldn't be the barometer we use to determine whether we should sign someone or not.

For me, whilst he'll be an upgrade on them two in the short term, in the long term we'll need someone better than Bruno, too. Just like with our previous number 10 signings where we only looked at their impressive stats rather than the player as a whole.
Let’s give the guy a chance to settle in before writing him off as someone that will need upgrading! I’m sure Liverpool fans may have had similar reservations about Salah when he signed?
I think Bruno has all the skills necessary to be a top world class player... let’s give the man a chance!

Kostov

99.9% of people on this forum (obviously me included) have no clue about the negotiation for Fernandes. It’s just another reason to post negativity about the club. If you’re going to believe everything you’ve read in the papers about this deal, I’ve got a deal on a bridge you might be interested in.....
Listen there is no need for some brain hard discussion here. We are in fecking dire state, the squad is terribly lacking as it was evident in the summer. A properly run football club would have avoided this unnecessary charade, and conducted the deal in fecking December and this guy would have joined of January the first. I don't understand how people can't see the whole picture. That's all you need to see, and don't have to act like some smart ass.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Well hopefully this isn't the standard of player we are paying solid money for - upgrade over Periera and Lingard. Nobody is expecting him to be Messi but the expectation of a 50 million plus AM signing is that he turns out to be a top class player.
TBf. Bruno is only 18mths older than Andreas.

Last edited:

DBT85

I’m sure Boris and his team will enable football to still thrive as they are making up the rules as they go along - don’t think there will be any issues after Brexit - and there is a 2 year transition period anyway so no issues with this
:lol: I was more referring to the suggestion that we only buy British from one poster in particular.

cyberman

Listen there is no need for some brain hard discussion here. We are in fecking dire state, the squad is terribly lacking as it was evident in the summer. A properly run football club would have avoided this unnecessary charade, and conducted the deal in fecking December and this guy would have joined of January the first. I don't understand how people can't see the whole picture. That's all you need to see, and don't have to act like some smart ass.
Yeah, theres a difference between this and shitting on the club because we were linked with Tevez.
Too many posters want to believe these stories.
Also Sporting approached us didnt they? Do you honestly think negotiations are one sided? They obviously stretched this for as long as they could. If we started at 65m then we would be here talking about an 80m deal. This was never getting done early.

Status
Not open for further replies.